What can't people just play football.

Chriswhiteisright
115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Don't mind losing to better players, its just getting boring now.
You just face the same squads doing the same old **** spamming la croq of **** constant pressure aggressive interseptions.
Looking forward to downloading PES 19 for free next week and seeing what that is saying. It has to better than this ****..

Comments

• EisenErmin
    5336 posts Big Money Move
    Completely agree. That said i played 433(5) a lot and you can tear opponents appart whitout using any skill move whit that formation as long as you have patience, great passing and vision and real understanding of football. Try it, it brings back the fun (somewhat)
  • alvchong
    917 posts Semi-Pro
    Actually i played too many games and now have no feeling towards spammer of the two. Although i know how to use them, refused due to the way of play i prefer. So just let whoever used them get what they want. Afterall, is just a football game. I have resort to PES 19.... unable to enjoy even if you win. That's addiction they planted in all the fifa player.
  • Denz
    2019 posts Fans' Favourite
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Completely agree. That said i played 433(5) a lot and you can tear opponents appart whitout using any skill move whit that formation as long as you have patience, great passing and vision and real understanding of football. Try it, it brings back the fun (somewhat)

I think it's possible to have fun and play the game the way you want, but.... You need the right mental attitude.

I've tried a few times to play like I don't care but when you dominate someone playing some nice stuff for them to go down the other end and score a volley from 50 yards out, it triggers me.

There should definitely be a casual fun weekly tournament or something in the game, with very basic rewards. Just somewhere you can take a fun squad for a relaxing game.

At the moment it's single matches if you want to play with keepers, div 1 rivals for abuse and then after the first 10 or so WL matches more abuse.
  • Mikep2212
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dont use any skill moves myself just try to play football. More statisfying creating propper chances and scoring well worked goals. However as u say when they score straight from ko or a rediculous 40 yarder really gets me
  • v4vendetta1978
    2796 posts Fans' Favourite
    Being playing since the dawn of time on fifa never been bothered to learn a skill move ever , shows now tho when I play people I swear have never seen the sun ball . I can’t deal with it and most times when losing I give up
  • JURITO1000
    1660 posts Play-Off Hero
    Denz wrote: »

I think it's possible to have fun and play the game the way you want, but.... You need the right mental attitude.

I've tried a few times to play like I don't care but when you dominate someone playing some nice stuff for them to go down the other end and score a volley from 50 yards out, it triggers me.

There should definitely be a casual fun weekly tournament or something in the game, with very basic rewards. Just somewhere you can take a fun squad for a relaxing game.

At the moment it's single matches if you want to play with keepers, div 1 rivals for abuse and then after the first 10 or so WL matches more abuse.

Well said. Im playing now 352 with high def line and trying to have fun. But anyway im getting mad when i hit the post 5 times and my op score from first random rebound.

I just hate when is something not fair and decided by something else,not by me
  • Orison
    47004 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Why should I?
  • DaMMian
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    style does not matter the most important is win in the match
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    DaMMian wrote: »

Lmao can tell ur a 4231 dropback merchant
  • EisenErmin

Thats what most try hards think. Actually its way more fun getting 17 or 20 wins whit a formation you enjoy than getting 20 or 23 by grinding the same old boring 4231 drop back.
  • Orison

Thats what most try hards think. Actually its way more fun getting 17 or 20 wins whit a formation you enjoy than getting 20 or 23 by grinding the same old boring 4231 drop back.

It's not.
  • OZero
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    The Eusebio 135 should be taken away as well.
  • DaMMian
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect

:D :D do u want to see my 4-5-1 7 depth squad?
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro

Completely agree , I hit 23 wins playing 352 and 433. Not saying I enjoyed it (this is Fifa remember ) but it was an achievement doing so without abusing broken mechanics 😂
  • cavester77
    76 posts Park Captain
    They should just have a separate wl where there’s no skill moves allowed for people who just want to enjoy the game rather than win at all costs.
  • Jonboyparker
    5125 posts Big Money Move
    You’ll be surprised how many people ‘like’ playing that way. Also some people don’t know how to play the ‘football way’. It’s not their fault. It’s EA’s for making stupid OP mechincs in a football simulator.

The truth is that, it’s just a computer game. You are trying to complete it. I don’t do it becuase I can’t do half the stuff they do. I like 4231 as well as many other formations. Drop back doesn’t work for me and I’m not an elite player. It’s ok though... I’ll sleep ok
  • JVO97NL
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't mind losing to better players, its just getting boring now.
    You just face the same squads doing the same old **** spamming la croq of **** constant pressure aggressive interseptions.
    Looking forward to downloading PES 19 for free next week and seeing what that is saying. It has to better than this ****..

This is exactly why I stopped playing online, much rather prefer playing offline. It can be boring at times but imo it's a whole lot more fun, Ai barely do skill moves or use constant pressure.

Just sit back, relax and play a fun game of FIFA. Sometimes the Ai cheats and scores ridiculous goals but I take that any time of the day than playing online.
  • Robbo_86
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play 4-2-3-1 with 5 width, 5 depth, pressure on heavy touch, balanced attack, 6 width with 6 in the box, 3 on corners an 3 on free kicks. I like this formation cause it lets me play football. I do hate the spammers though, probably never kicked a ball in there life’s.
  • Leessa
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think it needs to be remembered as well that a lot of these people probably dont have much of a football brain and didnt play to a decent standard in real life. They play this methodical slow direct passing game because they wont know any better, the issue is that if you are capable of doing something a bit more creative, theres 0 reward for it at all. People playing short passes up the pitch isnt tiki taka which is what people seem to think theyre doing, most fifa players wouldnt know good football.
  • EisenErmin
    Orison wrote: »

It's not.

Maybe not for you. For me it is 100% and always was
  • OZero
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    Those aren’t skill moves. They are just exploiting bugs.

Real skiller would use a huge lot of skills which could really caught you off and gain your respect.
  • Jonboyparker
    5125 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 29
    Robbo_86 wrote: »
    I play 4-2-3-1 with 5 width, 5 depth, pressure on heavy touch, balanced attack, 6 width with 6 in the box, 3 on corners an 3 on free kicks. I like this formation cause it lets me play football. I do hate the spammers though, probably never kicked a ball in there life’s.

That might be true. But playing football is not a pre requisite of the game. I’m like you and use roughly the same CT’s. Very balanced. I feel like I play football the way I coach it. Get the basics right and don’t be too flash. I like scoring a great goal just like the next person but I like winning too. There has to be a balance of fun and achievement and I feel my style achieves that even if I never break the elite rewards.

Its not my right to tell someone how to play their own game. I play my way weather someone likes it or not.
  • Orison
    It's Fifa. If I wanna play realistic football I go outside. In Fifa I want a skillbased game, the less it has to do with irl by making people miss easy passes and shots "because it happens irl", the better.
  • JPRM71
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why should I?

This response is your typical ‘I need to win’ attitude, bless him, no depth to his soul 🙈
  • Orison
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    Why should I?

This response is your typical ‘I need to win’ attitude, bless him, no depth to his soul 🙈

Atleast I'm honest and not one of those people looking down on others for not following imaginary rules ;)
  • JPRM71
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    Why should I?

Atleast I'm honest and not one of those people looking down on others for not following imaginary rules ;)

That is the least positive you could take from that, Sad, but true.
  • Delboy13710
    4659 posts National Call-Up
    Blame EA not the player . Let people play the way they want to play , if they enjoy winning more then playing football good luck to them .

Over time I've started to be able to read La Croqueta to the point were after they get tackled a few times they stop .

Low depth is also fine now I play 3 cm with 5* WF and high long distance shooting stats , its won me so many games rather then trying to walk it in .

• JPRM71
    Blame EA not the player . Let people play the way they want to play , if they enjoy winning more then playing football good luck to them .

Over time I've started to be able to read La Croqueta to the point were after they get tackled a few times they stop .

Low depth is also fine now I play 3 cm with 5* WF and high long distance shooting stats , its won me so many games rather then trying to walk it in .

The game does let ppl play as they’d like, this thread just denotes the fact that it isn’t really football that we’re playing. More like forceball or ping pong. Ideas for a new title to the game are welcome 🤣
  • NeverTooLate
    91 posts Park Captain
    I don’t use any of those even I know how to but Unfortunately fifa is a game for rewarding players who is able to use all broken Mechanics and not for people who understand football. When there is reward to come for winning that is what it matter to some people. I suppose winning at all cost like ex Chelsea manager said! Sorry no offence
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero

:D :D do u want to see my 4-5-1 7 depth squad?

Yh yh don't have fun playing just try let the Al interceptions hold ur hand n help u