Why are some players with ultra low defensive stats so good playing CM in 41212(2)

Theomanny
1502 posts Play-Off Hero
edited June 28
Went back to 41212(2) after playing 4231 and 451 all year, basically just to outscore my opponents quickly.

Just like Henry and sterling so good as cm in fifa 18. Moment fekir for me is doing damage from cm lol. This guy intercepts like hes gullit. Push people off the ball like nothing happened.

The assumption now must be pace is better than defensive stats as a cm in that formation. All player intercepts like prime maldini in fifa anyways.

Comments

• L0ngline
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    griezmann as cm gives me a headache too, that guy is a world class holding midfielder if the game decides to
  • setter7
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pim Socrates his amazing in the rcm spot. Dont ask me why. ;)
  • Theomanny
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero
    setter7 wrote: »
    Pim Socrates his amazing in the rcm spot. Dont ask me why. ;)

This. Tried him in draft at rcm and he was playing like gullit
  • Notformeclive
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    Probably because 90% of stats count for nothing, this game is dreadful.
  • Queens11
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Plus y do u need defence stats on cm in a formation that u already have a cdm and 4 defenders surely that is plenty of defensive stats
  • SomeNextGuy
    2594 posts Fans' Favourite
    Because anyone can tackle.

Socrates is about 8 ft 7, so of course he'll be useful.
  • EekAlaska
    1575 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 28
    L0ngline wrote: »
    griezmann as cm gives me a headache too, that guy is a world class holding midfielder if the game decides to

I have the TOTS and he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off, except he is everywhere he needs to be. Been looking for the best CDM to pair with Gullit and keep going back to him.
  • Boommaametw3
    1660 posts Play-Off Hero
    Queens11 wrote: »
    Plus y do u need defence stats on cm in a formation that u already have a cdm and 4 defenders surely that is plenty of defensive stats

Hmm so you should need a box to box like Gullit as cnetc. but the game is so broken that when Ai controls players,stats don't matter.
    So Firmino,Grizzy and players H/H are crazy as CMs.
  • Redzed71
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play pim Socrates as a cm in 442,,plays like gullit despite no defending stats..