Is gold cr7 worth buying at this point in the game

Lebrowndj
39 posts Park Captain
Hey guys I will have around 800k with rewards. Have a lot of high rated untradebles as well. Is cr7 still worth that amount or am I better of doing an icon sbc?

Comments

• EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Im about to get him back and I have a full Icon/TOTS team worth maybe 12 mil or a little more.
  • Cphilly13
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If u like him get him, hes really good, n hes after dropping over 300k in the last few days. If theres an icon u want for 800k hes probably not as good as ronaldo but depends on what u need in ur team. In my opinion if r7 fits, get him cuz the alternative icon wont make the same impact as him
  • Lebrowndj
    39 posts Park Captain
    This is my current team

314c760.png

I would replace greizman and Juanfran for cr7 and concelo. Or I do viera..
  • Timur1808
    17 posts Ball Boy
    I always tell CR7 is amazing no matter when you buy him. Just try him for a while and you'll understand why. One of the most reliable quality of him is aerial threat. Corners are in at least 1 out of 3. If you struggle to build up just send him from defense and he passes with his head, counter attack it is. He shoots amazing with his right foot, left foot, head, 1 on 1's, distance shots, mid range shots. So he is a definite goal machine. He is not a playmaker don't try to dribble too much or try some spectacular passes with him. But when it comes to scoring, he is the best.

As others said you can't buy an icon for that price at his level. Actually I don't think there is too much special cards at his level. A card being a gold rare doesn't make that card less desirable or less usable than other fancy cards.
  • D0lvl
    1458 posts Play-Off Hero
    He’s still better than most tots level strikers. Aerial threat plus 5* skill moves.

Don’t force him to be a dribbler/get behind and blow past defense ST.

He’s great in positioning so build up and see him work in the box. Once you see that window, pass to him and he will nail that first time shot or flick it up and watch him head it in.
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    D0lvl wrote: »
    He’s still better than most tots level strikers. Aerial threat plus 5* skill moves.

He’s great in positioning so build up and see him work in the box. Once you see that window, pass to him and he will nail that first time shot or flick it up and watch him head it in.

So what you're saying is he's perfect for abusing mechanics? 😂
  • CUPO
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I got him at 740k he scored 20 in 11 matches div 1
  • D0lvl
    1458 posts Play-Off Hero
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    D0lvl wrote: »

So what you're saying is he's perfect for abusing mechanics? 😂

Yup. Lol
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just bought him and I’m shocked at how much he lives up to the hype.
  • Moe_86
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    Do like me and get Eousbio 93
  • Sterve
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Depending on how tight coins are maybe wait a few days until he is back in packs.
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Moe_86 wrote: »

I have Prime Eusebio and would trade him for NIF CR7 any day of the week.
  • Gazz10
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    EekAlaska wrote: »

I have Prime Eusebio and would trade him for NIF CR7 any day of the week.

Utter Blasphemy
  • Kiido
    446 posts Sunday League Hero

Don't think there is another striker out there who scores against me as much as that guy