FUT vs Seasons

Wammo247
184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Why seasons over ultimate team?

Comments

• RonSwanson
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Less cheaters in seasons.
    Why should you spend countless money and hours to build your unrealistic dream team when you could do that with a few clicks some years ago ?
  • RadioShaq
    15219 posts Moderator
    Seasons are easier. They will also get boring facing the same teams over and over again.
  • Antiversum
    5787 posts Big Money Move
    Well, you're facing the same teams in UT also, just with marginal differences. But the longterm motivation is quite not existent in H2H. If the gameplay would be incredibly awesome, then maybe but it isn't. There has to be something more than just a seasons and every few days some cups.
    Imo there have to be some innovations however this will be hard because teams have to stuck together.
  • Wammo247
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Problem I find with FUT it's mostly case of best team wins rather than best player.

Today for example I was beat 1-0 by a guy with 5-6 legends and the rest TOTS.

Must have cost £5m + to assemble (my team cost under 100k) he Just took pot shots from 30-40 yards with Ronaldo and Messi until one flew in

Seasons seems fairer and not just about FUT which seems to be spend more win more
  • Viz
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    See Ultimate Team is a manifestation of A LOT of what's wrong with Fifa. The game mode's concept is fine but the execution is poor to say the least. First of all I must stress that the idea of creating your own team with players from different leagues, generations etc is very cool.

But the very engine through which it rewards players defeats the purpose of taking it seriously competitively. The very pinnacle of any game mode should be balance and accessibility. However in Ultimate Team that is circumvented through using actual money to purchase players.

This eventually leads to the concept of microtransactions and that is a whole other flippin kettle of fish and one that I certainly won't touch, BUT they seem almost ubiquitous to the Ultimate Team experience. So much so that entire 3rd party companies have taken to allowing players to purchase in game currency more cheaply from them than from EA. It's a booming marketplace.

Now before I descend into a lengthy dissertation on microtransactions in video games I will just say this. Any game mode that removes or dilutes the skill involved through a means not equally available to everyone is a game mode I want no part of, especially if its through microtransactions.

It completely defeats the purpose of it being ranked or competitive in nature as you are disadvantaged if someone chooses to spend ludicrous amounts of money on a team.This is JUST one reason why I'd play seasons over ultimate Team.

In seasons there may be a smaller variety of viable options (something I fully blame EA for wigh the way they've chosen to segregate teams) they are viable and skill plays a much more prominent part. I won't be hindered from the start by going up against a certain team because I have the option to choose that same team or one of equal or similar potency. When there is so little you can do off the field to give yourself an advantage it makes what you do on the field that much more important.

While it may not be there yet entirely as there is no team chemistry stat affected for not playing players in their natural position and the game still remains as centered around pace there's less emphasis on gimmicks and exploiting game infidelities and more on football, which is what want from a footballing sim
  • BCFC_SOTV
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Viz wrote: »
    See Ultimate Team is a manifestation of A LOT of what's wrong with Fifa. The game mode's concept is fine but the execution is poor to say the least. First of all I must stress that the idea of creating your own team with players from different leagues, generations etc is very cool.

But the very engine through which it rewards players defeats the purpose of taking it seriously competitively. The very pinnacle of any game mode should be balance and accessibility. However in Ultimate Team that is circumvented through using actual money to purchase players.

This eventually leads to the concept of microtransactions and that is a whole other flippin kettle of fish and one that I certainly won't touch, BUT they seem almost ubiquitous to the Ultimate Team experience. So much so that entire 3rd party companies have taken to allowing players to purchase in game currency more cheaply from them than from EA. It's a booming marketplace.

Now before I descend into a lengthy dissertation on microtransactions in video games I will just say this. Any game mode that removes or dilutes the skill involved through a means not equally available to everyone is a game mode I want no part of, especially if its through microtransactions.

It completely defeats the purpose of it being ranked or competitive in nature as you are disadvantaged if someone chooses to spend ludicrous amounts of money on a team.This is JUST one reason why I'd play seasons over ultimate Team.

In seasons there may be a smaller variety of viable options (something I fully blame EA for wigh the way they've chosen to segregate teams) they are viable and skill plays a much more prominent part. I won't be hindered from the start by going up against a certain team because I have the option to choose that same team or one of equal or similar potency. When there is so little you can do off the field to give yourself an advantage it makes what you do on the field that much more important.

While it may not be there yet entirely as there is no team chemistry stat affected for not playing players in their natural position and the game still remains as centered around pace there's less emphasis on gimmicks and exploiting game infidelities and more on football, which is what want from a footballing sim

Agreed. Shame that there is not a few more options in seasons, but gameplay is much more satisfying.