9 months of my life

Comments

• Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    Well said. I was on the fence about fifa 19. Now I’ve the time I waste playing this stupid game would be much better spent on my family.

No Fifa 20 for me
  • BeardGang
    1313 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m so bored of this game lads I’ve bought Roy Keane just to purposely kick people 😂😂
  • MarchOrDie
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    In the last 9 months

I have played every weekend league finishing no lower than gold 3

Finished rank 1 rivals every week

Won 39 Drafts

Completed every pack SBC and loads of players SBC's that gave packs

Also spent around £500.

My best pulls

Red picks - TOTS Telles
    WL rewards - NIF Bale
    Rivals - Untraeable NIF Aubameyang
    TOTS SBC's - Bernardo Silva
    Paid packs - HL Pepe

Im over it. Not even salty. Today when i opened the "ultimate" TOTS SBC amd got Serabia... I laughed.

It's so one sided. Today the penny dropped and I finally felt stupid thinking about how much time and money i've put in to this.

I could have learned a language or an instrument. Started a business. Dedicated myself to the gym an looked like the Rock by now... but no, instead i spent 100's of hours sitting on my backside playing a game i dont enjoy for rewards that are never satisfying.

I'm embaressed and really dispointed in myself.

I feel bad for you, i didnt buyed any packs în this game, i didnt played every weekend league, i didnt finisher all the time rank 1,but i played constantly through the year, my pulls were:
    C. Ronaldo NIF(at the begining of the game)
    Neymar
    Seeedorf 88
    Cheaper players like modric, kroos
    Red tots: mane, havertz, pepe, These are the Best i can remember but through the year i had decent puls, in packs and red picks as well, s-o stop using money, its about luck...
  • lukey200
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    poster - like me - had enuff of this !! i spent the same last year and that was a big wake up call to myself .. i will not be putting myself thru this again !!! just stick to FIFA 19 play a few games thats it - i picked up Alisson not once but now twice bpl tots and now this so called ultimate tots - they are absolute pee takers
  • maccag
    179 posts Sunday League Hero
    The penny dropped for me after the Future Star promo which I think was around Jan, I used put 12k on every promo beforehand and my biggest mistake was I used to watch big youtubers open the same promo packs in store at that particular time and they'd pack big promo card after promo card or walk out after walk out and I thought to myself if I do half as good as that I'd be very happy, after packing numerous Bas Dostt and Kagawa's the penny dropped and I made the decision not watch anymoe pack openings and most importantly stop putting FP's on my account, needless to say my pack luck or red picks hasn't changed, still utterly garbage but more importantly I've saved a ton of money.
  • alvchong
    980 posts Professional
    I bought ps4 in 2017, first game for the console was PES. Then I went into Fifa 18 at midway (February 18) attracted by many good cards and regretted did not start early. Towards the end of Fifa 18, I only managed to play offline matches and I pulled many good TOTS cards eg Son, Mahrez. I immediately preorder Fifa 19 .....After 9 months (first year in WL)of grinding and today I just want to support this thread. I love Fifa game and I check this forum everyday, but I can surely live a life without it. I can let go anytime. So no Fifa 20 for me. I will treasure the cards I collected so far, I certainly know the feeling how everyone being trapped by this evil company.
  • TheMightyBee
    2129 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's very unrewarding, even the SBC are outrageous this year for what are untradeable players.

This is the first year where I've felt the effort is not worth the results. Yeah they give us lots of reward packs but just getting a 85+ player is so hard.

Literally there is not point anymore, it's pointless, they are so tight with everything for what is hours of play and effort. The game has become so expensive to play, the card weight is disgraceful for how much they charge for packs and I really believe they have pushed people to the limit this year.
  • chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    Imagine spending 500 quid and taking nine months to realise it's messed up.

Could have brought a baby in this time
  • I could have learned a language or an instrument. Started a business. Dedicated myself to the gym an looked like the Rock by now... but no, instead i spent 100's of hours sitting on my backside playing a game i dont enjoy for rewards that are never satisfying.

• Supermario911
    1233 posts Professional
    The sad story is Fifa is an actual addiction. Ultimate team has sucked us all in every year and will continue to do this despite the state of the gameplay...

I don't spend any money on the game other than buying it as it's so easy to make coins this year and i feel more satisified with the end-team without spending on packs..

Either way i have played over 1000+ games this year, and i will be back for Fifa 20 because it's the only game i really spend time on
  • MDeMontiagne
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    see you in FIFA 20 bro

No chance, I suggest you do the same for your own good.
  • ICUP
    4137 posts National Call-Up
    I stopped playing in December because it was repetitive 1st time Finesse, came back in March and it was El Tornado spam with La Croqueta spam then I stopped playing again.

Just playing Career mode now as I am so bored without footie in my life
  • Abaddon888
    81 posts Park Captain
    edited June 26
    I spent several hundreds dollar since FIFA15 until 18.
    This year : ZERO
    So I choose to invest in BITCOIN than wasting my money on FIFA.
    And Voila look at the price of bitcoin today hahahaha

• what3v3r
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I feel you op. I didnt spend much money but spend lots of time, which is very precious. And as you said in a game I don't even enjoy. If the game was at least funny we could say it was worth it...
  • TMega95
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think you all will enjoy the game a lot more if you play a bit more in moderation lol.

I haven’t played WL until TOTS, haven’t packed anything great and only play to 14 wins which takes me about 20 games and probably 4-5hrs.

Still plenty time to do other stuff lads - I run a website and go gym most days so just play a bit less and use FIFA as a break rather than a hobby :) !

But yeah the rewards are trash most of the time which is frustrating!
  • Devin85
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 26
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    FUT made EA 800 million euros last year. If I made that amount of money with anything I would surely think I am doing a good job. As long as people don't give feedback with their wallet nothing will change. Enough people will commit to fifapoints again and again and again and again every promo to get the latest shiny card for their team so EA won't have any incentive to change. I won't fall for EA's makeups and stories about 'we have learned etc, this year will be better we promise etc' because FUT is the chicken with the golden eggs and apparently the formula works every year despite the game getting worse and worse. That is why next year I won't buy the game.

Not true!All UT modes together-Fut,Mut,Hut(Fifa,Madden,Nhl)made 800 millions.Last year, the purchase of Fifa points accounted for 11% of all EA sales (including purchases of games, and their own in game purchases). That’s roughly $500 million spent on Fifa points!Still a huge amount!Good thing is-fifa 19 sales were down by 35% worldwide,so there's no chance that EA have earned similar amount this year.
  • JWNYsg
    807 posts Semi-Pro
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    see you in FIFA 20 bro

No chance, I suggest you do the same for your own good.

sigh, tough but i will try to cut down at least. It's toxic yet it allures some of us in a certain way that we enjoy the grief
  • Delboy13710
    4826 posts National Call-Up
    Have not spent too much I do the occasional £5 on draft , i dont buy packs .
    Dont trade but the hours I put in playing are extremely excessive . The fact is I used to Enjoy Fifa when I used to play live seasons ( joined Fut 2015 ) . I've decided next year I'll still buy fifa but I'm not going to play FUT .
  • Floatingkeyboard
    1064 posts Professional
    limjitwe wrote: »
    What’s your team like now OP?

I doubt you’ll hit the gym even if you didn’t play Fifa though. 😂😂

Yup one bad habit will be replaced by another one usually, so I'm highly doubting he would have looked like the Rock 😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • EA are a joke.

Simple as. I hope someone (a lot smarter than me) is able to prove that scripting exists and thus is able to prove EA influence the game in such a way that it results in players spending more money (appreciate that is down to a player's own judgement or will).

Ultimately players will work it out and just stop playing FUT and/or stop buying FIFA. That is the only way EA will do something.

But I really hope they get screwed somehow.
  • ozcs_69
    3133 posts National Call-Up
    It's really sad to hear people put time and money in this scripted game, either time or money for the love of football, makes scenes, but putting so much time and 500 quid on top of it, it's just sad, it's what EA desires the most
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3390 posts National Call-Up
    In the last 9 months

I have played every weekend league finishing no lower than gold 3

Finished rank 1 rivals every week

Won 39 Drafts

Completed every pack SBC and loads of players SBC's that gave packs

Also spent around £500.

My best pulls

Red picks - TOTS Telles
    WL rewards - NIF Bale
    Rivals - Untraeable NIF Aubameyang
    TOTS SBC's - Bernardo Silva
    Paid packs - HL Pepe

Im over it. Not even salty. Today when i opened the "ultimate" TOTS SBC amd got Serabia... I laughed.

It's so one sided. Today the penny dropped and I finally felt stupid thinking about how much time and money i've put in to this.

I could have learned a language or an instrument. Started a business. Dedicated myself to the gym an looked like the Rock by now... but no, instead i spent 100's of hours sitting on my backside playing a game i dont enjoy for rewards that are never satisfying.

Most people have to learn the hard way.

"Now go clean your room."
    - Jordan B Peterson