Penalties

Chriswhiteisright
115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Does anybody else have a mare with pens???? More of mine are saved that scored, dread games going to pens always lose.
It's like inspector gadget gets subbed in when I'm not paying attention.

Comments

• MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pens are so inconsistent this year especially in WL with no arrow. In WL there's times im aiming left and they kick the ball right down the middle or to the right and straight into the keepers hands. I feel pens are pre determined this year.
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class
    Gotta use the head movement to your advantage.
  • Team Sam
    1855 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Please explain
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Team Sam wrote: »

Please explain

You can see what way the opponent is shooting by the way the player taking the pen moves his head. Anyone even half decent at the game will switch direction last second though.
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class

Please explain

A number of players don't realise the player head movement is there when you direct your penalty. If the op is sticking to the side he aimed at originally then the other person is seeing it before the ball is struck.
  • Tylermkey
    258 posts Sunday League Hero

Please explain

When you aim before you kick, the player’s head looks in that direction just slightly. If the goalie is guessing right on more than a 1/3 of your kicks, you are giving away your direction by aiming too early.

You can aim early to have your player look look one way and then change the direction once you start to kick to throw off the opponent from knowing your direction.

• Team Sam
    1855 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks all
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    It seems to not register for me if I move the stick at the last second to choose my direction, which I find very frustrating. Penalties have continued to get worse over the years.
  • Chriswhiteisright
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tylermkey wrote: »

Please explain

When you aim before you kick, the player’s head looks in that direction just slightly. If the goalie is guessing right on more than a 1/3 of your kicks, you are giving away your direction by aiming too early.

You can aim early to have your player look look one way and then change the direction once you start to kick to throw off the opponent from knowing your direction.

I generally don't aim to either side of the goal till just before I strike the ball and I reckon 70% are saved.

Score more going down the middle.

I'm sure you used to be able to use driven shots in past editions but can't suss it out in 19.