People running down the clock when 1 ahead

Bozza88
2686 posts Fans' Favourite
You know the guys im on about. Keeper to fullback check back in to keeper to opposite fullback etc.
How do you combat this? Just had a guy try and do it from the 60th minute was very frustrating.
Second man press only does so much

Comments

• CokePrime
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Select team press on D-pad and push your team forward together by selecting players with your analogue stick, you want to bring your full attacking line up at the same time so when they try and switch wings you have a player covering their options. Score so many goals from people passing around the back trying to waste time.
  • zeultuturor
    893 posts Semi-Pro
    get off park the bus
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    Press with your keeper.. They'll try to score, once they'll see your keeper running in attack..
  • Mogga
    2983 posts National Call-Up
    I do this from 85mins on but 30 mins is taking the pee
  • Dudemaster_c1
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    In the 88th minute I don’t blame people because of 90 min bs goals, I do the same so would be hypocritical to judge people for the same thing. From the 60 min onwards mate I just suck it up there are some idiots in the world, rise above it
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    get off park the bus

This
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2019
    get off park the bus

To be fair to the op I use a high line and sometimes in matches my team just won't press high enough. Other times they have had a snickers duo and good luck to whoever tries to pass around the back.

Team press on dpad can be most effective, also switching to a wide formation so you got the fullbacks covered
  • CokePrime
    If you are playing drop back, 0 depth counter attack, then I'll just pass it around in your own 3rd and won't feel even slightly bad about it, if you aren't pressuring for the ball, you aren't a threat...no need to shoot and lose possession if I'm already winning either.

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    CokePrime wrote: »
    If you are playing drop back, 0 depth counter attack, then I'll just pass it around in your own 3rd and won't feel even slightly bad about it, if you aren't pressuring for the ball, you aren't a threat...no need to shoot and lose possession if I'm already winning either.

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

No way!
    My team is the ting goes, with the scra badge and Neymar is usually my best player!
    Although I'm feeling a bit sad that I'm not original anymore... 😱
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

I had games like that aswell. Having a lead and the oposition playing drop back and not pressing at all, i will just pass it aroung in my opponents half with my 433(5) and wait untill he starts to press. Sometimes they do, sometimes they wont (which is unbelievable stupid). Had 81% posession as my "best" outcome against these clowns.
  • Rookie_Gold1
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dude seriously it’s the end of Fifa19 and u r asking this: high press - hard to get away with it. 6/10 u will catch him
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

Yep...had a guy go 1-0 up early and he was literally park the bus to the point that I could get well inside his half before he’d attempt a tackle.

I ended up winning 4-1 with 65% possession. If you’re going to play like a tool, expect tool like returns.
  • CokePrime
    EisenErmin wrote: »

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

I had games like that aswell. Having a lead and the oposition playing drop back and not pressing at all, i will just pass it aroung in my opponents half with my 433(5) and wait untill he starts to press. Sometimes they do, sometimes they wont (which is unbelievable stupid). Had 81% posession as my "best" outcome against these clowns.

I wish everyone did this and stopped this ridiculous tactic being a thing. Once you stop playing into their hands and giving them counter attacks, they literally have no idea how to play the game. The fact they sit back and do nothing even when losing, just shows how much they rely on the AI defending and getting lucky breaks. It's so easy to pass around in their 3rd when they play drop back 0 depth, continue the good work mate 😂
  • Bozza88
    2686 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cheers for the replies lads.
    I play 41212 with no changes to my depth but i also never play team press as i always found i was too crap at it and got torn apart. Will try team press next time i come across one
  • JURITO1000
    1670 posts Play-Off Hero

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

Its not stupid if they dont press in your defence. Not everybody is playing for their lifes and just want to have fun with playing the games. When i see somebody always passing from LB to RB whats the point running around like a chicken? Some people dont care about result and they let you win if it makes you happy with passing in the back and you dont want to play the game,but i know its difficult to understand when everybody is so tryhard and doing everything possible for win,the fun is behind
  • CokePrime

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

No way!
    My team is the ting goes, with the scra badge and Neymar is usually my best player!
    Although I'm feeling a bit sad that I'm not original anymore... 😱

At least we dont have the generic team names 😉
  • EisenErmin
    JURITO1000 wrote: »

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

Its not stupid if they dont press in your defence. Not everybody is playing for their lifes and just want to have fun with playing the games. When i see somebody always passing from LB to RB whats the point running around like a chicken? Some people dont care about result and they let you win if it makes you happy with passing in the back and you dont want to play the game,but i know its difficult to understand when everybody is so tryhard and doing everything possible for win,the fun is behind

I said i pass it around in the opponents half (right in front of his CDM sitting at the edge of the box). If the opponent does not even try to press me 16 yards in front of his own goal, he surely does not want the ball and therefore they can just blame themself and not me or the mechanics or whatever.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    If someone passes it around the back v me I'll go full press and the people who usually pass around the back aren't good enough to handle it.

If I play v someone who keeps sprinting into the midfield with their strikers I just stand still with a CB doing fake shots. They have to come out at some point right? Usually they don't and they stay 11 men behind the ball and the game finishes that way.

Team press and use a custom tactic slot too to be all over them.
  • CokePrime
    JURITO1000 wrote: »

15ety76.jpg

3166bfo.png

Well you've completely missed the point of what we were saying lol
  • CokePrime
    Bozza88 wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies lads.
    I play 41212 with no changes to my depth but i also never play team press as i always found i was too crap at it and got torn apart. Will try team press next time i come across one

You only want to use it when they are passing around their back line, once/if you score, turn it off and play normal again.
  • HulkSmashPotato
    1426 posts Play-Off Hero
    I leave, generally message them and tell them its a online game they have squad battles for people like you and move on.. Its just a game
  • Kingdingaling
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    Bozza88 wrote: »
    You know the guys im on about. Keeper to fullback check back in to keeper to opposite fullback etc.
    How do you combat this? Just had a guy try and do it from the 60th minute was very frustrating.
    Second man press only does so much

I do it with 5 minutes left but the 1s who do it an entire half know there trash be the reason why to get cheap wins
  • EekAlaska
    2608 posts Fans' Favourite
    In the 88th minute I don’t blame people because of 90 min bs goals, I do the same so would be hypocritical to judge people for the same thing. From the 60 min onwards mate I just suck it up there are some idiots in the world, rise above it

Everyone knows if you are up a goal and opposition get ball in 90th minute their chances of scoring increase dramatically from the rest of the game. I think it's ok to do from 85rh or so on but anything else is just too much. Also i do it in WL but ppl do this in all other modes too which is a bit much.
  • EisenErmin
    I had several WL rage quits thisway:
    Scored the 1-0 playing my normal posession style in an attacking way.
    After going up 1-0 i still play attacking posession style but a bid more safer in choosing my passing targets. When i finally scored the 2-0: Opponent rage quits.
    Statistics showed around 70% posession and 90+% passing.
    I guess the opponent knows his chances of getting away with drop back and counter were quite slim if he continues to play that way. And as its the only way he can play, he gave up.
  • OystonOut
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If someone is playing like a moron then I always do this. Had a guy yesterday who spammed everything you can imagine, Drag backs, La Croqueta, those stupid crosses, he moved his keeper every time i was in an attacking position, scored two kick off goals when I went 1-0 and 2-1 up and had the nerve to shush me. I was 4-3 up at half time and needless to say I think he touched the ball once in the second half after that.
  • MurkingFools
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    its doesnt happen often at all to me, once in a while in the 89th min but i cant complain about that

iim more like to play this way is you are a park the bus guy, an ai defending guy or a celebration replay guy