The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Would you be okay with removing the 'nutmeg' animation from FIFA all together?

FreddieKane
702 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited June 2019
It seems to serve no purpose other than introduce another random element into the game. It doesn't matter whether you're controlling the player or it's AI, holding 'jockey' or otherwise. There's seemingly no rhyme or reason for why players get nutmegged but everybody agrees it happens far too frequently.

I'd prefer if it was just removed from all future FIFA's.

Comments

• Killer_Snake2017
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    It seems to serve no purpose other than introduce another random element into the game. It doesn't matter whether you're controlling the player or it's AI, holding 'jockey' or otherwise. There's seemingly no rhyme or reason for why players get nutmegged but everybody agrees it happens far too frequently.

I'd prefer if it was just removed from all future FIFA's.

Yeah, I hate when I'm in the perfect place to block a pass, and my player stops running with his legs open and let's the ball roll through his legs...
  • El_Nino
    4280 posts National Call-Up
    And add what? An invisible barrier? Horrible idea. I agree it needs working on, but removing the fact humans have legs that aren’t glued together seems rather dumb.
  • Mmandras
    2868 posts Fans' Favourite
    What's a nutmeg? I presume out of the context it's the ball through the legs?
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Mmandras wrote: »
    What's a nutmeg? I presume out of the context it's the ball through the legs?

Yes
  • FreddieKane
    edited June 2019
    El_Nino wrote: »
    And add what? An invisible barrier? Horrible idea. I agree it needs working on, but removing the fact humans have legs that aren’t glued together seems rather dumb.

Was more thinking to just have the players control the ball/kick it away (depending on their dribbling/defending stats and the speed of the ball) when it comes at them. There's too much rng involved in this game as it is to have the game consistently decide when you should concede a counter attack due to a nutmeg.
  • D0lvl
    2256 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah and the animation that players do when the ball hits them and they get 'stunned' allowing opponents to get the rebound and shoot the equalizing shot inside the penalty box.
  • FreddieKane
    edited June 2019
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Yeah and the animation that players do when the ball hits them and they get 'stunned' allowing opponents to get the rebound and shoot the equalizing shot inside the penalty box.

Yeah I guess the further down the rabbit hole you go, it just turns out the game sucks..
  • iRusty_yo
    3966 posts National Call-Up
    It’s either the nutmeg anymation or the opposing player simply dinks it over my defender when I know full well he just pressed pass
  • Retro_G
    31346 posts National Team Captain
    Agreed
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Nutmegs and auto lunges need to go
  • CokePrime
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    It’s either the nutmeg anymation or the opposing player simply dinks it over my defender when I know full well he just pressed pass

This is one of the most annoying things, the game just randomly decides to do a chipped pass because it's the only possible way to get it by the defender. People just get rewarded constantly for bad passes. If I see a passing lane blocked, I don't pass it there, other people are like "The AI will take care of this pass for me" *proceeds to bounce off the defender for a perfect through ball for the striker 😂
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    CokePrime wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

This is one of the most annoying things, the game just randomly decides to do a chipped pass because it's the only possible way to get it by the defender. People just get rewarded constantly for bad passes. If I see a passing lane blocked, I don't pass it there, other people are like "The AI will take care of this pass for me" *proceeds to bounce off the defender for a perfect through ball for the striker 😂

Chip pass is solved in fifa 20 they said. No more random chip pass,you can do it by purpose with button combo