Edit / Create Player Thread

TeamExtreme17
2253 posts Fans' Favourite
edited August 30
So here we are again, this mode hasn't been updated now for nearly 10 years! Please EA at least improve it for us offline players to give us the options "in-game" that the data reviewers get behind the scenes, like the cold weather gear option (This will fix the winter gear bug!) and being able to edit generic player faces!! We should be able to change a player's celebration, Fellaini's real life celebration is in the game but not set too him by default and I cant manually give it him! Also Lukaku has been wrongly set a triple moonsault celebration that we cant change!? Also, players running styles, free-kick / penalty stances, generic player faces etc should all be editable!! I see you've promoted being able to create your player's appearance in VOLTA mode so I really hope you've ported those new features in to Edit a Player, Create a Player, for your Manager & Pro in Career Mode and also Pro Clubs sections of the game, along with all the options The Journey had the past 3 year! This mode is in dire need of a complete revamp, here are a few suggestions on how Edit / Create Player should look:

1. New type of colour: Same as kit. We should be able choose the colour "Same as Kit" for all accessories like Wrist Tape / Gloves / Ankle Tape. Here are examples of players with accessories with the same colour as the kit colour (Pogba etc)

(Just giving players red wrist tape doesn't work, as when in a different colour away or 3rd kit they still wear red wrist tape and it looks unrealistic!)

Paul-Pogba-722928_zpstzuh3ztd.jpg

But this is what happens when they wear Away kit, 3rd kit or the player gets transferred to another team who wears a different colour home kit in Career Mode:

(PES has an option for Wrist Tape / Gloves / Ankle Tape that fixes this bug. It basically assigns the colour of the accesories to match the kit colour they are playing in, just like Undershirts currently do..

Domsb9CWwAAm_aN_zpsmmwkqrj0.jpg

2. Coloured Gloves: Even when you do put them on players, again, the Same As Kit option is needed to match away and 3rd kit colours" or you end up with the same bug as above ^

Oscar-Eden-Hazard-Chelsea.jpg

But this is what happens if you give a Chelsea player Blue gloves when they wear Away kit, 3rd kit, or the player gets transferred to another team in Career Mode:

Pi3sJ56.jpg?1

A fix to this would be for player to ONLY wear coloured gloves for their home kit, if they wear the away or 3rd kit the gloves should default to BLACK.. Same if they get transferred!

3. Undershorts: Why are they defaulted to every single player in Fifa, and only when it rains, snows or is overcast? Add them as an option! Lampard wore them all year round like Rooney does with the undershirt.. Add long undershorts too? That Robben wears for example.. (They would be a winter option just like Gloves are)

untitled_zpstazqstkk.png

4. 3/4 rolled up sleeves like this following example: (You have Ronaldo wearing them on your Fifa 19 cover!!)

cristiano-ronaldo-re-8.jpg
1534257823_8b3ccb96acf1aac2d49fa75fc4bf7fa9_zpsdwkfhn87.jpg

5. Undersocks: Players very often cut their kits football socks and wear their own WHITE socks underneath, please add this:

BqRd-YFCcAAGLQf_zpsvekhn92z.jpg

6. Game Face: Why cant we use Game Face to apply a face to generic players / created players / managers? You could have 100 slots and this way the community could create a lot of faces for players who don't have one, and share them!

7. Generic Player Faces: Why can't we edit generic player faces? If you can't give them custom faces at least let us edit them to make them slightly resemble the player!! Managers included, as a lot of teams have the same preset faces from Manager Career and they get repetitive..

Here is why we should be able to edit generic faces:

See Rodrygo in Fifa is generic, but with the right rools you can create a better looking face for him, even though it is still a generic one. We should be able to do this to the original player in Edit a Player mode without having to create a whole new player!!

Also see:

EA's Bruno Fernandes vs my Created Player Bruno Fernandes which just took me 30 minutes..

dJM7qZd.jpg
QTXLPkV.jpg

EA's Joao Felix vs my João Felix which took me about 10 minutes..

(P.S. They look great in-game and can be edited to your liking)

B55w1l1.jpg
oyVnyiN.jpg

This is why we need to be able to edit generic faces!!!!!

(Fernandes has a commentary name but unfortunately Felix does not)

8. 3D beards!? Please add them! Like this:

Olivier-Giroud-822031.jpg

9. Add generic tattoos to put on our Pro / Created Player like in the Journey:

DomamrHWwAA1hod_zpsdwumyg5t.jpg

10. Player Positions: I want to make a created player with just the CM position, but you can only make him a CAM or CDM. All positions should be available to select for your Pro / Created Player!! Also sdd a second and third position so you can make a player seem more dynamic. So you can give a player the following:

Position 1 (Natural): CM
Position 2: CAM
Position 3: CDM

Or

Pos 1: CM
Pos 2: -
Pos 3: -

Which would mean he can ONLY play CM!

11. Hairstyle / Hair Colour: Don't you think it's a about time we can at least change a player's hairstyle / hair colour ourselves? If a player changes his hair / hair colour in real life, we shouldn't have to wait 5 years for you to update him, we could simply do it ourselves, even something so simple as changing Falcao's headband from the default black colour to a white one like he wore for Man Utd should be editable! Another example is Griezmann, he has a red headband so if you sign him for a team who play in blue it looks stupid, we should be able to edit the colour! And why aren't these hairstyles from The Journey available in Edit / Create Player:

DomsXHxXsAEXYZc_zpsvjox4twa.jpg

12. Player Masks: Add the mask players wear when they break their nose / cheekbone..

Robert-Lewandowski-wears-a-mask-in-2015_zpsgrgzuxcu.jpg

13. Potential Stat: Please add this so we can edit a players Potential ourselves, just like we can edit their sprint speed etc.

You also can't edit a created player's potential, it is always 99 for career mode, why!?

14. Cold Weather Gear Option: Data Reviewers get the option to manually edit a players Cold Weather Gear.. Add this in to Edit / Create Player! This would fix the Cold Weather Gear bug!!

Example:

Normal Gear: Short Sleeves
Cold Weather Gear: Undershirt

15. Revert a Player to Default: When we save a player, we can't them revert him back to his default appearance? So if we notice these bugs (Winter Gear & De Gea examples) and save him, were stuck with how he has been saved, a simple “Default Player” option wouldn't go a miss so we can at least revert your mistakes....

16. Player Name Audio: How about you add first and last names to the audio, for Create / Edit Player and also Manager / Player Career Mode so you can be referred to in commentary by your full name? Other games have this..

Example:

First Names: Chris, Steve, John etc..
Last Names: Smith, Rodriguez etc..

17. Bugs: There is a bug that needs addressing for when you edit a player who is under 19 years old, suddenly he becomes a 57 year old player!

18. Player Stats: You can't edit a player's composure attribute either, all stats should be editable!!

19. Player Traits: You can't assign traits to a created player. Makes no sense. Especially since you can earn traits for player career mode where you control only the one player. So obviously they are available to be added to created players, just build it into the create player menu. Madden you can assign traits to created players as well so why not in Fifa!?

20. Skill Moves Rating: You can't specifically set a player's skill moves rating, it is just assigned based off of the dribbling and (I think) agility attribute. Like all players above 81 dribbling and 76 agility get 5* skills (or something along those lines).

21. Generic Kits: For teams in the game who aren't licensed, Piemonte Calcio for example, their generic kit should be able to be edited, like in PES!!

22. Created players should have their Starhead as a display picture instead of a blank silhouette!!

This is how Create / Edit Player should look with the new options:

* Player Face: (Editable only if generic)
* Game Face: Yes / No
* Facial Hair: Including new 3D Beard types
* Boots:
* Hairstyle:
* Hair Colour:
* Sleeve Length: Short, Long or 3/4
* Tight Kits: Yes, No or Team Default (And I suggest setting this option to the actual teams who wear these kits not the individual players who play for them, so set tight kits to Arsenal and not their players like Podolski for example, as now he is still wearing a tight Kit for Inter Milan, which him nor Inter actually wear! He only wore one at Arsenal because ARSENAL'S kits are Techfits! So players should have Kit Style set as default not Normal or Tight Kit.. You need to set Tight Kit option to Clubs NOT players!)
* Undershirt: Yes, No or Winter Only (Setting it to On would see players wear it all year round, like Rooney does, and Winter Only would wear short or long sleeves in the summer, and an undershirt in the winter - which is essentially the Cold Weather Gear option!)
* Undershorts: Yes, No, Winter Only
- Undershorts Length: Short or Long (Robben style)
* Gloves: Yes, No, Winter Only
- Colour: Black etc, Same As Kit (Currently White is the default colour, this also needs changing to Black as default!!)
* Wrist Tape Left: Off or On
- Wrist Tape Colour: White etc, Same As Kit (whatever the default kit colour is, this would get round players like Reus who wears yellow when playing in Dortmund's home kit, and black when in their away kit! Just like you automatically set the undershirts / undershorts colour to match the colour of the shirts / shorts)
* Wrist Tape Right: Yes / No
- Wrist Tape Colour: White etc, Same As Kit
* Sweat Band: Same as above ^
* Hand Bandage: Same as above ^
* Bracelet: Same as above ^
* Headband Colour: Red, White etc.. If applicable (Falcao etc)
* Mask: Yes / No (Lewandowski)
- Mask Colour: Black, White etc..
* Running Celebration 1:
* Finishing Celebration 1:
* Running Celebration 2:
* Finishing Celebration 2:
* Running Style:
* Free-Kick Stance:
* Penalty Stance:
* Position(s): CDM, CAM, CM etc.. EVERY position should be selectable!!
* Skill Moves: 1-5
* Traits: -
* Player Stats (Including Potential, Composure etc): EVERY stat should be available to edit!!
* Revert Player to Default: Yes / No

Can you please pass this on @EA_Andy @EA_Cian @EA_Aidan
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    edited June 20
    NBA 2K19 Edit / Create player:

Amazing!
  • Peanut2000
    511 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wow well said my friend.
  • Richie827
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Editing genetic teams kits ought to be enabled.

Who would play a fake Boca Junior team wearing light blue kits?
  • Steph3998
    1485 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really nice thread @TeamExtreme17
    EA really need to change edit mode, especially for haircuts and beards styles, we have had the same old haircuts since FIFA 12 or something :s
  • MOES98
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Steph3998 wrote: »
    EA really need to change edit mode, especially for haircuts and beards styles, we have had the same old haircuts since FIFA 12 or something :s

yes
  • TeamExtreme17
    Steph3998 wrote: »

Yeah we still have PS2/PS3 graphics :'( all these elements should have been fazed out and updated by now..
  • Peanut2000
    There should be some sort of system so that in fifa 20 you can change everybody’s boots in one go so for the players who wear nike vapors you can go to edit player or maybe a edit boots section and change everybody who wears vapors to the latest version of vapors so you don’t have to do it individual in career mode. Hope that makes sense 😂
  • TeamExtreme17
    Peanut2000 wrote: »
    There should be some sort of system so that in fifa 20 you can change everybody’s boots in one go so for the players who wear nike vapors you can go to edit player or maybe a edit boots section and change everybody who wears vapors to the latest version of vapors so you don’t have to do it individual in career mode. Hope that makes sense 😂

That's what data reviewers are supposed to do in weekly squad updates for their respective team/league.
  • Peanut2000

That's what data reviewers are supposed to do in weekly squad updates for their respective team/league.

Yeah but they don’t and it’s be easier to do yourself.

• TeamExtreme17

Yeah i feel your pain, i usually just make sure the team i am in Career Mode is updated. But if you so much as change a players boots the Cold Weather Gear Bug kicks in. As Cold Weather Gear is set by default by data reviewers and we STILL cant set it manually ourselves in Edit Player :'(
  • Peanut2000

Yeah i feel your pain, i usually just make sure the team i am in Career Mode is updated. But if you so much as change a players boots the Cold Weather Gear Bug kicks in. As Cold Weather Gear is set by default by data reviewers and we STILL cant set it manually ourselves in Edit Player :'(

Cold weather bug isn’t in fifa 19 is it?
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited June 21

Cold weather bug isn’t in fifa 19 is it?

Yes as you cant manually edit it. If you set a player to long sleeves he will wear short sleeves in Winter :D they need to add the Cold Weather Gear as an option.. Data reviewers gets this option!
  • also they need to allow you to have LW or RW as a position, with most sides not playing a variation 433 you have to be a midfielder to play there then lack the attributes to play that position how its meant to be played
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited July 23
    Why has Dele only got a hand bandage on one hand? Was it to make it look like a new authentic undershirt style in trailer? And will he STILL wear a white hand bandage with Away and 3rd kits?

6AQ0FqE.jpg

SYMw4qD.jpg

P.S. The colour White still doesn't look WHITE..
  • Peanut2000
    Lazy EA
  • Peanut2000
    Should be an option to be able to edit a player with his home, away and third kit. So you could have him wearing different boots for different kits for example.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited July 25
    New customization options for VOLTA and Pro Clubs so i expect the same for Create / Edit Player and also Manager/Player Career Mode...
  • The pitch notes say it is across all modes so maybe they've finally done something for this gen six years in!
  • TeamExtreme17
    The pitch notes say it is across all modes so maybe they've finally done something for this gen six years in!

Crazy to be even still waiting for this improvement isnt it? :D
  • HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good for create a player, but must be to edit players too. If It Is not, it's weird
  • TeamExtreme17
    HarryKein wrote: »
    Good for create a player, but must be to edit players too. If It Is not, it's weird

Absolutely mate, this feature would really help with Starheads! Being able to edit generic faces to make them resemble the real life player is a MUST and something i have been asking for since the PS3 days, nearly 10 years!!
  • ChrisW1991
    912 posts Semi-Pro
    Worst thing is though, we won't even get any details of the new changes to customisation and what you can do with it until the game is released :/ good old ea communication
  • Peanut2000
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Worst thing is though, we won't even get any details of the new changes to customisation and what you can do with it until the game is released :/ good old ea communication

They should of released a short video to show us.

• ChrisW1991
    912 posts Semi-Pro
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

They should of released a short video to show us.

Agreed mate but the Fifa devs don't like good communication
  • aliheidari2520
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited July 26
    great suggestions.
    and also they should add some details in body editing.
    see this from pes which has 15 amount (from -7 to +7) for every single part of body

PRO-EVOLUTION-SOCCER-2018-20180807224643.jpg

also I use a trick in pes to change ankle tape to white for classic players :D
    I choose the socks color "white" in basic kit editing and then apply kit template (which has independent color) so game think the socks is white and change the tape color to white :D

PRO-EVOLUTION-SOCCER-2018-20180807225618.jpg
  • aliheidari2520
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited July 26
    I said ankle type ... I meant ankle tape ...
    sorry, couldn't find post editing :sweat_smile:
    P.S: fount it but now I can't find deiete post to delete this one ! :sweat_smile:
  • TeamExtreme17
    Yeah apparantly there is body morphing this year, but to what extent we dont know yet as in typical EA fashion they dont show these new features with screenshots or videos..
  • TeamExtreme17
    I wonder how much of this thread will actually be implemented..
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited July 28
    EA's Bruno Fernandes vs my Created Player Bruno Fernandes which just took me 30 minutes..

dJM7qZd.jpg
    QTXLPkV.jpg

EA's Joao Felix vs my João Felix which took me about 10 minutes..

(P.S. They look great in-game and can be edited to your liking)

B55w1l1.jpg
    oyVnyiN.jpg

This is why we need to be able to edit generic faces!!!!!

(Fernandes has a commentary name but unfortunately Felix does not.. WHY!?)
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on