TOTS Kimmich or Da Costa?

iD33J91
5440 posts Big Money Move
Needing a RB to link with Goretzka...

Which of these 2, or are there any better alternatives?

Comments

• AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    Everyone is gonna say Da Costa, but I really liked Kimmich. His passing is top notch.
  • MD_Breezy13
    2609 posts Fans' Favourite
    Used both extensively. I’d say Da Costa gets the slight edge. He’s generally in better positions defensively, much better physically, and with height is great against the cross abusing. Kimmich feels better on the ball and is probably better all around, but for the current game mechanics Da Costa is the way to go.
  • RebelRob
    5037 posts Big Money Move
    Not used da Costa, but kimmich is incredible.

I was going to get rid of him in a sbc, but he’s been so good he’s taken ucl florenzi’s spot at rb.

He has everything excluding a bit of height and jumping. Ok, that’s the meta at the moment, but everything else he should be far better than da Costa.
  • iD33J91
    RebelRob wrote: »

I was going to get rid of him in a sbc, but he’s been so good he’s taken ucl florenzi’s spot at rb.

He has everything excluding a bit of height and jumping. Ok, that’s the meta at the moment, but everything else he should be far better than da Costa.

I currently have and use UCL Florenzi so the Bundesliga RB would be taking his place
  • RebelRob
    iD33J91 wrote: »

I currently have and use UCL Florenzi so the Bundesliga RB would be taking his place

In that case, the only cons with kimmich over florenzi is pace and the 4* skills.

Husband passing is excellent and haven’t really shot much with him as I’ve got plenty of people in front, but with the 4* wf he can pass with either foot which helps massively. As long as you don’t force him too far up the pitch he won’t get caught out too much really as his positioning is excellent and tackling is far better than florenzi.

As I said before the only thing da Costa has is the meta covered in headers and back post crosses, but must say I’ve not had a problem with kimmich at all really. Even the fastest rb’s will get burned at some point anyway so I prefer having an all rounder.
  • iD33J91
    iD33J91 wrote: »

In that case, the only cons with kimmich over florenzi is pace and the 4* skills.

Husband passing is excellent and haven’t really shot much with him as I’ve got plenty of people in front, but with the 4* wf he can pass with either foot which helps massively. As long as you don’t force him too far up the pitch he won’t get caught out too much really as his positioning is excellent and tackling is far better than florenzi.

As I said before the only thing da Costa has is the meta covered in headers and back post crosses, but must say I’ve not had a problem with kimmich at all really. Even the fastest rb’s will get burned at some point anyway so I prefer having an all rounder.

Good analysis - thank you @RebelRob

I usually swap Florenzi to CDM anyway in game - not used Kimmich this year but was a big fan last year. Will give Kimmich a try this weekend, you’ve convinced me!!

I was unsure of his work rates and his positioning but he’s worth a shot!!
  • RebelRob
    No worries.

If you liked him last year he’s very similar so you shouldn’t be disappointed 👍🏻
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    If you play for elite WL level, gotta be da Costa. Physique and height is needed vs the backpost flick up/tornado crosses imo.
  • Hibee
    11862 posts Has That Special Something
    Kimmich going massively under the radar. Best RB I have used this year. So so smooth on the ball.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hibee wrote: »
    Kimmich going massively under the radar. Best RB I have used this year. So so smooth on the ball.

@Hibee

The reason he goes under the radar is because he's not YouTube meta. He's not 6 foot plus, he's not 90 plus pace. Forget about the fact he's a proud member of the Gullit gang, forget the triple link to TOTS Goretzka, forget about the fact that he's one of the best right backs in the game with outstanding well rounded stats, he's a s!ow dwarf!

Personally Kimmich was the first tots I bought and I'm happy to say I've used him every game since bar one and I find him to be the best right back I've used all year. Tried tots da Costa and sold him after 2 games and went back to having his futswap card on the bench. Kimmich has such well rounded stats which contributes to him being a solid all round player, great defender, brilliant passing and crossing and likes to chip in with some goals. He's also a very good cdm and seems to be breaking up play and starting attacks when I've moved him there in game when my cdms need subbing off due to stamina or injury. Like TOTS Goretzka the only thing stopping him being so much more expensive or used more is 3* skill moves.
  • Carswell
    8206 posts League Winner
    Kimmich been immense although I’m using RM 352. Still probably my favorite card right now
  • Pauldejong6
    No offense, but is everyone who recommends Kimmich (as RB) elite level or there about for WL?
    You can call da Costa a meta slave but I wish you well with Kimmich at RB defending flick up backpost crosses.
    I know its sad the game Works like this. But nothing more frustrating losing because your FBs are too small.
  • RebelRob
    @Pauldejong6 well I’m certainly not elite, but some people do actually only play for fun still. (That’s not a dig at you by the way)

And to be fair despite being a g2/1 merchant, I can say I don’t remember losing a game purely because he was beaten at the back post. There’s far more bs that effects me, which is probably where the elite players shine and they are only really susceptible to these back post crosses as the rest of the stuff that happens they can stop or at least negate being in these positions to begin with.

And, really, with crossing being the meta his crosses and passing are decent so excluding the la croqueta he can at least fulfil the majority of the attacking meta if played that way.

It is sad though really that a taller and faster is better for only those reasons.
  • Pauldejong6
    edited June 21
    @Pauldejong6 well I’m certainly not elite, but some people do actually only play for fun still. (That’s not a dig at you by the way)

And to be fair despite being a g2/1 merchant, I can say I don’t remember losing a game purely because he was beaten at the back post. There’s far more bs that effects me, which is probably where the elite players shine and they are only really susceptible to these back post crosses as the rest of the stuff that happens they can stop or at least negate being in these positions to begin with.

And, really, with crossing being the meta his crosses and passing are decent so excluding the la croqueta he can at least fulfil the majority of the attacking meta if played that way.

It is sad though really that a taller and faster is better for only those reasons.

I meant no disrespect at all. Im usually an elite 3 player but ive lost the extra 1-2 games before (and not hitting elite) because of those backpost flickup cross goals. I dont play like that myself but its so utterly frustrating to 'spoil' the WL due to the meta.
    I totally agree its sad but now I have da Costa and Alonso as FB I hardly concede those goals anymore. Before I had Roberto Carlos and other smaller FBs.
    I also enjoy playing good football instead of exploiting. In the end though, winning is also an important factor of having fun.
  • Flamstead
    2831 posts Fans' Favourite

It's kinda always been that way though with Fifa. Do you remember pro clubs on Fifa 09? Where you would pick a team and all stats would be roughly evened out and everyone had an 85 overall I think?

Well back then, the top pro clubs team wouldn't really use Barca / Real etc, it used to be Ath Bilbao because they had soo many 6ft+ players and would score from crosses too easily.

Its sad but as you rightly said, its not all about the meta and Kimmich is more than capable.
  • holdenwait
    55420 posts National Treasure
    No offense, but is everyone who recommends Kimmich (as RB) elite level or there about for WL?
    You can call da Costa a meta slave but I wish you well with Kimmich at RB defending flick up backpost crosses.
    I know its sad the game Works like this. But nothing more frustrating losing because your FBs are too small.

i don't get elite, never have never will but really don't recall losing games specifically because i had carlos or florenzi. idgaf about some kid abusing a system, don't come up against them as much as people bring it up here. maybe it's an xbox thing/europe servers thing (not that NA doesn't have its fair share of incredible sweat)
  • RebelRob

I meant no disrespect at all. Im usually an elite 3 player but ive lost the extra 1-2 games before (and not hitting elite) because of those backpost flickup cross goals. I dont play like that myself but its so utterly frustrating to 'spoil' the WL due to the meta.
    I totally agree its sad but now I have da Costa and Alonso as FB I hardly concede those goals anymore. Before I had Roberto Carlos and other smaller FBs.
    I also enjoy playing good football instead of exploiting. In the end though, winning is also an important factor of having fun.

No offence taken @Pauldejong6 👍🏻

I fully agree and don’t doubt that da Costa/Dumfries will be more effective/better for the higher ranking players.

In fact, I could probably scrape into elite if I spread my games out, stopped when raging and changed my team to be a bit more meta (I got 22 once, and that was playing all games Friday night/Saturday morning in pretty much 2 sessions), but just don’t want to as really I just want to enjoy it as best as I can.

I know this is probably unheard of in Fifa, but I actually want to ENJOY this game, and not just win by doing the same thing over and over again because it works. I would feel much more enjoyment and satisfaction by reaching elite while not doing 150 La Croqueta a game and only play to cross back post by flicking it up. Ok, so I might score a few el tornado volleys with cruyff, but don’t try it unless the situation naturally occurs and certainly don’t spam them.

Yes winning is fun, but anyone who says they ‘enjoy’ getting the 23+ wins by doing all this **** is lying or sad imo. Some people will say it’s stupid playing to ‘imaginary’ rules, but there’s such a thing as humility and honour, to which some people value more than winning.

Anyway sorry for the story, currently bored at work 😂
  • Pauldejong6

No offence taken @Pauldejong6 👍🏻

I fully agree and don’t doubt that da Costa/Dumfries will be more effective/better for the higher ranking players.

In fact, I could probably scrape into elite if I spread my games out, stopped when raging and changed my team to be a bit more meta (I got 22 once, and that was playing all games Friday night/Saturday morning in pretty much 2 sessions), but just don’t want to as really I just want to enjoy it as best as I can.

I know this is probably unheard of in Fifa, but I actually want to ENJOY this game, and not just win by doing the same thing over and over again because it works. I would feel much more enjoyment and satisfaction by reaching elite while not doing 150 La Croqueta a game and only play to cross back post by flicking it up. Ok, so I might score a few el tornado volleys with cruyff, but don’t try it unless the situation naturally occurs and certainly don’t spam them.

Yes winning is fun, but anyone who says they ‘enjoy’ getting the 23+ wins by doing all this **** is lying or sad imo. Some people will say it’s stupid playing to ‘imaginary’ rules, but there’s such a thing as humility and honour, to which some people value more than winning.

Anyway sorry for the story, currently bored at work 😂

I fully agree. I also want to enjoy the game and dont even know how to el tornado... ;) I mainly dont want to get beaten by the meta and the big FBs help a ton.