• Diggy
    13396 posts Has That Special Something
    Mendy 5* WF 4* skills
  • Nicku32
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Telles passing ability looks alot better
  • DanValletta
    1246 posts Professional
    I haven't used Mendy buy I've been using telles for a while. He's good in the air and brilliant at passing. I almost never use his right foot and I only ever do the odd heel to heel. So he suits me fine.

It's probably a case of trying them out and seeing who you get on with most.
  • Nicku32
    Been using both this evening and Telles feels better.
  • DannySTFC
    875 posts Semi-Pro
    Only used Telles TOTS but I can 100% recommend him. Way better then TOTS Robertson who I dumped into an SBC.
  • Dinksy
    1932 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mendy with the high agility and balance + pace tips it in his favour
  • YNWA008
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Haven’t used telles. Mendy has been great defending with sentinel chem style. As for going forward, he just scored a hat trick last game in div 3
  • Nicku32
    I felt i was noticeable more open with Mendy and some reason he felt worse in a 1v1 heading scenario or when trying to tackle.
  • iNero
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 21
    Nicku32 wrote: »

His passing is instantly much worse from 2*. Weak foot..
  • Nicku32
    iNero wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »

His passing is instantly much worse from 2*. Weak foot..

Fake news.
  • futballistic
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is Mendy a viable CDM? Tempted to use him as super sub as I can’t fit him into my team chem wise.
  • TheTataGuy
    943 posts Professional
    Used telles a lot, now got red pick Mendy, and j can say for sure that telles was better
  • Nicku32
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Used telles a lot, now got red pick Mendy, and j can say for sure that telles was better

This how I feel after trying last night. Annoying because I was thinking 'Sweet an upgrade for free and 300k when i sell Telles'
  • Carlos181
    3740 posts National Call-Up

Same. Got both untradeable. Mendy just doesn’t feel great. Too close to his FS card it feels like.
  • TheTataGuy
    943 posts Professional
    Carlos181 wrote: »

Same. Got both untradeable. Mendy just doesn’t feel great. Too close to his FS card it feels like.

Yeah he does feel quite poor, well poor, at least worse then his stats suggest.
  • hjdjydyufu
    7403 posts League Winner
    I've got both as reds and I'll see tonight if Mendy is as good as Telles
  • kcichris
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    Carlos181 wrote: »

i have telles and got Mendy in red too and i also think Telles is better over all but Mendy is still agood fullback
  • Dutch3723
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I pulled red mendy and he’s definitely impressing over rttf Alonso so far
  • hjdjydyufu
    7403 posts League Winner
    Hey guys. I can go Red Mendy or Red Telles at LB and RB for free OR I can play one of them at LB and BUY TOTS Dumfries. What would you do?
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Hey guys. I can go Red Mendy or Red Telles at LB and RB for free OR I can play one of them at LB and BUY TOTS Dumfries. What would you do?

Telles LB Mendy RB
    Save your coins

(Copied reply from discord 😉)
  • hjdjydyufu
    7403 posts League Winner
    AdamH wrote: »

Telles LB Mendy RB
    Save your coins

(Copied reply from discord 😉)

@AdamH

Hehe thx
  • juliuscaesar8
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    Even Schultz feels way better than Mendy to me
  • hjdjydyufu
    7403 posts League Winner
    Even Schultz feels way better than Mendy to me

Huh? Mendy is great!
  • bucs0576
    2282 posts Fans' Favourite
    Telles left, mendy right on 7 chem. Works fine.
  • Noob_FC
    3148 posts National Call-Up
    Have only telles... Wins headers... But his positioning is terrible due to his work rates.... Wish I did Sandro sbc
  • hjdjydyufu
    7403 posts League Winner

bump
  • Team Sam
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero

bump

Get Dumfries on the right.

Telles and Mendy are both great on the left, so just pick whichever. I got lucky and have both in red, so I play Mendy in main team and Telles in fitness. That isn't because Mendy is better, it's purely a chem decision.
  • klaas9
    871 posts Professional
    Telles is great but second best LB. Marcelo TOTY is way way way above anyone. Unfortenately because I dont like him irl. But he is the only game changer full back.
  • MLZlatan_Fan
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have both Mendy and Telles. Both are great.
    I rotate them usually depending on which team I want to play with. I'll usually use whichever one is on the bench as a late sub
  • fussydutchman
    735 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've used both and I like Mendy better. He's a little faster and he's stronger. But the biggest thing is that his positioning is much safer. I always found TOTS Telles cheating up and toward the middle of the field and that would leave the flank exposed. Mendy doesn't do that.