ICONS do they really have their own dynamic

Danielb
688 posts Semi-Pro
I have heard people say they play differently and i use Baby Eusebio who is "insane"( youtuber overused expression).
Do you guys really believe they are a true premium to even TOTS and in a class of their own.
I play Eusebio linking with Headliner Werner and Goretzka Cam in a 4-1-2-1-2 and im thinking of getting 95 Pele to partner for W/L .

Comments

• Duncan1972
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes, my only one is 92 Lineker and I can tell the difference just by by his off the ball movement in comparison to other strikers I’ve used, that’s without even mentioning his unerring finishing.

• o0OainavO0o
    2057 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes. They tend to have high composure which seems to be a big difference maker for me. I’ve got 3 from the mid icon sbc r94, Socrates, and petit and both Socrates and petit are very very hard to replace even with a lot of higher rated cards/stats available in my club but they still have higher composure than most of their possible replacements and seem to always perform as expected consistently.
  • selb
    5759 posts Big Money Move
    Only certain Icons are in a league of their own (R9, R10, Gullit, Maldini, all PIM or Prime though), the rest can be pushed aside by TOTS / other high rated NIFs
  • Johnnydp
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes. Im not a good player and i struggled in div 5 since the game released until i bought some icons in my teams a month ago.now i have 5 icons in my squad and playing in div2. They make the diff. Fact.
  • Danielb
    688 posts Semi-Pro
    Duncan1972 wrote: »
    Yes, my only one is 92 Lineker and I can tell the difference just by by his off the ball movement in comparison to other strikers I’ve used, that’s without even mentioning his unerring finishing.

Im so tempted to get him i loved him as a player i just worry about his lack of pace compared to others i should have faith i guess.
  • Duncan1972
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    Danielb wrote: »

Im so tempted to get him i loved him as a player i just worry about his lack of pace compared to others i should have faith i guess.

He’s not slow but definitely not as quick as other strikers but he is quick off the mark in terms of getting to quick passes and beating keepers, he just won’t always burn away for 1 v 1s.

He’s not bad in the air either.

Fun player if you’re a fan of his. :-)

• Danielb
    688 posts Semi-Pro
    Danielb wrote: »

He’s not slow but definitely not as quick as other strikers but he is quick off the mark in terms of getting to quick passes and beating keepers, he just won’t always burn away for 1 v 1s.

He’s not bad in the air either.

Fun player if you’re a fan of his. :-)

Hes come right down in price too.
  • Solari
    1856 posts Play-Off Hero
    yes 100%
    somehow they will get all the 5050 ball
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4623 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 20
    I think the strikers and cdm’s in general do. Then the elite guys like gullit, maldini etc are all game changers. It’s really a hard thing to describe to someone that has never had an elite prime icon. But they change games. Baby Eusebio (I haven’t used him this year I’m sure qualifies). I tend to stick with the icons I know and trust as untradeables. And then try a few of the new ones/new to me each year. I’ve actually kept Matthaus prime tradeable for 1300 games. Never going to sell him. Club legend.
  • Keepthechange
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes I believe the top tier icons like Gullit and Vieira play much better than their stats suggest, I tried CDMs who have better in-game stats compared to Prime Vieira but they played no where near as good as him.
  • torakun
    1480 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am confident in saying that I've tried at least 70% of all icons of all versions, except for the obvious one I missed like, low-mid nakata, low-mid hernandez, pim r9, pim gullit, pim vieira, etc

I also tried some TOTS, just the popular ones, like Jovic, Havertz, aguero, lacazette, suarez, etc

My conclusion is this: Icon are always the most consistent. They seems to be able to beat the odds when its "one of those" game. While most TOTS perform admirably, when its "one of those" game happen to you, TOTS will also get affected. TOTS Aguero missed from 1v1, Harvertz losing header against pim Moore, Lacazette doing NOTHING all game, etc

While Icon can still run fast, finish like what they should be, more regularly. Prime Owen vs TOTS Aguero, TOTS Aguero might score more , but the figure going to go something like this: 5 matches, 3 g, 0g, 4g, 0g, 3g. While Prime Owen go to something like: 5 Matches, 2g,1g,2g,1g,2g

Second point is, OP icons will beat inflated TOTS stats players. ALWAYS. Prime gullit will never be replaced by 98 overall A,B,C player. Prime Maldini will AUTO move and intercept like NO CB, except for TOTY version CBs.

well thats my conclusion anyway.. take it with a grain of salt..

/tinfoilhat OFF
  • johnlaker62
    1214 posts Professional
    torakun wrote: »
    I am confident in saying that I've tried at least 70% of all icons of all versions, except for the obvious one I missed like, low-mid nakata, low-mid hernandez, pim r9, pim gullit, pim vieira, etc

I also tried some TOTS, just the popular ones, like Jovic, Havertz, aguero, lacazette, suarez, etc

My conclusion is this: Icon are always the most consistent. They seems to be able to beat the odds when its "one of those" game. While most TOTS perform admirably, when its "one of those" game happen to you, TOTS will also get affected. TOTS Aguero missed from 1v1, Harvertz losing header against pim Moore, Lacazette doing NOTHING all game, etc

While Icon can still run fast, finish like what they should be, more regularly. Prime Owen vs TOTS Aguero, TOTS Aguero might score more , but the figure going to go something like this: 5 matches, 3 g, 0g, 4g, 0g, 3g. While Prime Owen go to something like: 5 Matches, 2g,1g,2g,1g,2g

Second point is, OP icons will beat inflated TOTS stats players. ALWAYS. Prime gullit will never be replaced by 98 overall A,B,C player. Prime Maldini will AUTO move and intercept like NO CB, except for TOTY version CBs.

well thats my conclusion anyway.. take it with a grain of salt..

/tinfoilhat OFF

I completely agree. My PIM Maldini is better than TOTS Van Dijk for me. His tackles have to have some sort of custom animation to it or something, I can’t even see his feet move half the time, but he always ends up with the ball.