Pogba...cant get him working - suggestions?

paul24878306
4717 posts Big Money Move
Im "early" n the game - only 3 weeks in. Im running 433(2) where my 2 CMs are getting forwards and striker i a target man.

I was 3 CMs, so I can rotate one per game. Eriksen and KDB are fine, Pogba though...... He does win his fair share of balls, but his long passes (supposedly a strength) always go astray, his short passing isnt much better. Hes always in the right place in attack - but his shooting - long or short is abysmal.

What am I doing wrong? any replacements? (used Alli before hi - scores and assists a lot more but he doesnt win man balls back).

Idealy Id lie to get pogba firing - chem? change how I use him (when to shoot etc) or do I give up and look for another - but who?? 87 Arnautovic looks decent but poor stamina, 87 Firmino could do a job but poor long shots. 87 Lingard... not sure. Too short for me i midfield (ditto Tots Moutinho).

Suggestions for a starter (I know most are long past this point).

Comments

• Insan0
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ok pogba its great but just put him on stayback and push people aggressively .. thats all i seen hes good at in the game .. other than that he’s finishing is 50/50
  • MurkingFools
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    try chaning the chem stlye that boosts passing and shooting

deadeye
    maestro
  • paul24878306
    I have deadeye on him already.
  • paul24878306
    edited June 19
    try chaning the chem stlye that boosts passing and shooting

deadeye
    maestro

so who else can I use in the role Iwant. Eriksen and KDB are 2 - but I need a 3rd similar to those, or is converting a Firmino to CM the answer?
  • Headshrinker363
    4998 posts Big Money Move
    Get Solskjaer as your manager. Should work for about 10 games or so.
  • paul24878306
    edited June 19
    hum
  • Seanregal
    556 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pogba is a weird one, i hear great things but could never get on with him. I use 433 too maybe the formation doesn't fit?
  • D0lvl
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Despite his workrates, my early experience with him, is that he did a great job as a cdm. Great presence but you’ll find that his finishing sucks.
  • MurkingFools
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i use him in a 433 (5) so its not the formation

the shooting on the Nif inside the box is poor,

but maybe hes not for you, some players really like him and some cant get him to work ive read a lot on here
  • DanValletta
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get Solskjaer as your manager. Should work for about 10 games or so.

• Timur1808
    17 posts Ball Boy
    I find pogba very good at cdm as others mentioned with his amazing physiciallity and presence. very effective for the build up play with passes. not quite as much kdb but he definetely not a bad passer. I love his mid range shots around the box. maybe high long pass stats made you try some extra, but don't overuse through balls with him, try kdb for that. So he should work very well as also a cm for you, maybe you should try a little more. I combined him with kante for an agile and aggressive defensive compensation.
  • kurbalija
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    ENGINE chem style and he will be a beast