Should FUT Champions be open all week?

SomeNextGuy
2770 posts Fans' Favourite
edited June 19
It just feels weird that it's only open during the weekends. 30 games is a lot for three days. It's potentially 10 hours of gameplay.

I know it's the 'competitive' game mode on FUT, but I don't see why this means that it should be limited to less than half of the week.

I'll admit that I'm saying this from a selfish point of view, but I don't see how it wouldn't benefit everyone. I simply can't make the time to play 30 games in a weekend, and I know many others struggle to.

Playing during the week often feels like a grind, rivals is simply mundane. I know if FUT Champions was available throughout the week, I'd have a much more enjoyable experience, and I bet I'd probably have played twice as many games this year.

Comments

• TheTataGuy
    1211 posts Professional
    Nah, but it should be from Friday till monday
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited June 19
    TheTataGuy wrote: »

I wouldn't be unhappy with a compromise like that, the extra day would definitely be very welcome. Still, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be open all week.
  • maksi
    6611 posts Big Money Move
    They won't do it because they want only small amount of players playing WL and then rather buy fifa points to open packs.
  • starfox1284
    1793 posts Play-Off Hero

YES! this....due to work that would be a fantastic change....
  • TheTataGuy
    1211 posts Professional

I wouldn't be unhappy with a compromise like that, the extra day would definitely be very welcome. Still, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be open all week.

I think Friday to Monday is great, then you have really enough time to play 30 games, and you still have that "competitive" league in fifa.
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move

well..technically it already is in Europe...

friday 8am till monday 8am
  • Smiley_Utd
    1339 posts Professional
    I think most of us are just happy its 30 games instead of 40
  • Burchy
    737 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Should be over the week.
  • gorillabear
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agreed with should be all week. As if it people are less competitive on a Tuesday than a Friday? Just locks people out who do things on weekends
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    614 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All week I would prefer.
  • EisenErmin
    5802 posts Big Money Move
    50 games and open all week is what i would prefer
  • Shakkour
    219 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hope it will be all week. I can play like 15-20 max games due my work time. Really hope to make all week
  • Retro_G
    29320 posts Player of the Year
    Forget all that, they should just remove Fut Champs completely, replace it with rivals and increase the rewards to how they were in fut champs. Open all week, let people play at there own leisure.
  • gorillabear
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Forget all that, they should just remove Fut Champs completely, replace it with rivals and increase the rewards to how they were in fut champs. Open all week, let people play at there own leisure.

Sounds a good idea to me. Have rivals be a 24/7 WL and then maybe bring back daily knockout tournaments with some incentives
  • Retro_G
    29320 posts Player of the Year

Sounds a good idea to me. Have rivals be a 24/7 WL and then maybe bring back daily knockout tournaments with some incentives

Yeah exactly mate, was thinking of a more casual tournament mode with the champions league licence.
  • Clancy
    7756 posts League Winner

I think Rivals with rewards (reds and stuff) open all week, then some weekend only tournament that's actually a "champions league" style where it's knockout. It could be like 12 matches, single elimination, because then the finals would actually be two top players against each other instead of pro's trying to cherry pick weak opponents. Could give a good reward for that
  • Dochter
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 19
    All week would be my preference as I spend time with my family at the weekend and that puts me off WL in general.
  • oldboiler
    2009 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wed-Sun, give EA Mon-Tue to process the rewards and weed out the cheats. Everyone’s happy
  • Thunder001
    480 posts Sunday League Hero

Hope Not, WL is def more fun than D1

This.
  • gorillabear
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Wed-Sun, give EA Mon-Tue to process the rewards and weed out the cheats. Everyone’s happy

Always wondered why WL rewards take so long. Surely more people play rivals and those rewards don't have the same delay.
  • TheTataGuy
    1211 posts Professional
    mindm4ster wrote: »

well..technically it already is in Europe...

friday 8am till monday 8am

You have your clowns nose on I see
  • Batman442
    3769 posts National Call-Up
    If FUT champions was a full week thing then maybe o would think about getting FIFA 20
  • oldboiler
    2009 posts Fans' Favourite
    oldboiler wrote: »

Always wondered why WL rewards take so long. Surely more people play rivals and those rewards don't have the same delay.

No idea, I suspect the level of cheating in WL far exceeds rivals because of the limited games. Then there’s also the WL link to the pro scene which means financial implications/risk to people and businesses
  • bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah,I'd like that too.. those 30 games cramped into 2 days for those of us that work late fridays really is an unenjoyable grind and experience.

Said it a log time ago, with DR being in I don't see the need for WL. I really don't. They should merge those 2 competitions and add back a "fun" or "casual" mode like tournaments.
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited June 19
    Seems like the general opinion.

At the moment, I either don't bother playing during the week or I'll do the bare minimum to achieve gold rank 3. Unfortunately, that means the only time I'll play is during the weekend, and I only ever seem to be able to play around 20 matches.

I can 100% say that if FUT Champions was on throughout the week, I'd play a hell of a lot more. Even if they did put it up to 40 matches, it feels like you're working towards a goal, it feels like you're playing for a reason. Rivals just feels like a never ending grind with little incentive.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2934 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it should replace div rivals, so you're playing people on your level and the better rewards are in the higher divisions
  • kraid
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    Extend it a day, we already have rivals for midweek. Maybe add a monthly reward to rivals similar to red picks as that’s the main advantage wl has over rivals at the mo.

Don’t see the point with replacing rivals with a week long fut champs. Will just give us less choice. Don’t replace content, give me extra content!
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    Basically... Get rid of DR.. and just have WL all over the week...