Yep that’s enough div 1 rivals for the day

Comments

• Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    DadBod wrote: »
    Are you expecting nif golds on division 1? Lol

I'm still rocking nif golds in Division 1, get on my level!....

Companion-2019-06-19-10-44-52.png

Damn, you’re even playing without a right-back! You must be one heck of a player.

It would be rude to have another player in red pick Lala's position.

:trollface:
  • CharlieC
    6131 posts Big Money Move
    I played two games in online friendlies last night, both god squads and both doing el Tornado on tap and flick up shots. Its just painful to watch. they actually think they're good at the game which is even sadder.
  • JohnDoe
    11250 posts Has That Special Something
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Stop telling yourself this game has no skillgap.. otherwise you would finish at least Elite 3 every week.. which 75% of the community doesn't!

division-rivals-graph.png.adapt.1456w.png

75% lol

You’re looking at the distribution of players in FUT divisions pre-redistribution and post-redistribution in that image. Look at the amount of people in D1 post-redistribution, nowhere near 25%. And not everyone in D1 hits E3. People on these forums have a severely skewed perception of the reality of FUT.

Not sure what this graph shows. What do you mean by before and after change?

That graphic shows player distribution before and after changes were made to the point thresholds of each division.
  • Empyrium7
    2762 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 19
    played 5 games yesterday in DIV 1 - completed two of them
    3 calm quits when I was tied in 1st half
    1st opponent (Only controlling Verrati and running like a headless chicken, I quit in the first half when it was tied 0-0)
    2nd opponent (La Croquetta spamming got him a pen to tie the score and I quit before him talking the pen)
    3rd opponent (El tornado crosses all over the place till he tied the score and I quit after)

sometimes it not worth the grind when you face these clowns
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    Blame the game/developers not players using what is offered to them.
  • Stones
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero

What formation do you play IG?
  • Retro_G
    edited June 19
    Stones wrote: »

4-2-3-1 mostly and 4-1-2-1-2 narrow when chasing a goal. 3-5-2 when I'm down by 2 goals. 5-4-1 when it's the last 5 minutes, I'm holding out for the win.
  • kraid
    2000 posts Fans' Favourite
    kraid wrote: »
    Why bother playing good football when it’s easier to score a weak foot volley from 30 yards then to score a green timed shot in the 6 yard box? Game doesn’t reward good football, most people in div 1 have realised that.

I honestly wonder why ppl play the game if their only objective is to win games rather than possibly enjoying the game. I can't see how anyone in the world enjoys abusing broken mechanics. :s

I see these comments a lot but I think you’re in the minority. I’d say most people enjoy winning regardless of how they manage it. People happily play shooters and camp in one house or in one corner just to give them the best chance of staying alive a little longer, doesn’t sound fun.

People will in general use the best most op weapon in games so it’s easier to win, that’s why we have words like meta in the first place.

I remember playing destiny 1, people would sit all day shooting into a cave because a glitch in the way enemies spawned made it the quickest way of getting loot.

None of this sounds like fun, but huge numbers of people do it and probably even more would do it if they knew how. Winning if more fun then losing, there’s nothing shameful in that.
  • Stones
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 19

4-2-3-1 mostly and 4-1-2-1-2 narrow when chasing a goal. 3-5-2 when I'm down by 2 goals. 5-4-1 when it's the last 5 minutes, I'm holding out for the win.

So you have Ronaldo up top, Neymar/mbappe and who else in CAM?

Only asking as I’ve got Neymar and mbappe in a 41212(2).

Edit - Cazorla I’m guessing? Thought it was busquets for a second.
  • Retro_G

So you have Ronaldo up top, Neymar/mbappe and who else in CAM?

Only asking as I’ve got Neymar and mbappe in a 41212(2).

Edit - Cazorla I’m guessing? Thought it was busquets for a second.

Yeah Cazorla central cam, he does a good job there with his 5* weak foot, decent defensive stats. His stamina is an issue though and I've to sub him off second half.
  • Queens11
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    played 5 games yesterday in DIV 1 - completed two of them
    3 calm quits when I was tied in 1st half
    1st opponent (Only controlling Verrati and running like a headless chicken, I quit in the first half when it was tied 0-0)
    2nd opponent (La Croquetta spamming got him a pen to tie the score and I quit before him talking the pen)
    3rd opponent (El tornado crosses all over the place till he tied the score and I quit after)

sometimes it not worth the grind when you face these clowns

Do exactly the same now regardless of the score first la croqueta chain and el tornado cross I see I just pause right away and quit regardless of score it’s just not worth the annoyance and stress when the game is gifting people easy goals by abusing bs that is absolutely nothing like rl football
  • starfox1284
    1550 posts Play-Off Hero
    Inception is really good at the game and knows football, that's why his skill rating is so high.
  • lippyone
    1140 posts Professional
    It starts in Division Six. That division if full of people trying out the broken skills, although many have not yet mastered them.

Division Seven is full of people who use no skills at all but the gameplay is nice and relaxed, and it feels more like proper football.

If I concentrate I am in div 5 or div 6. When I get sick of the mechanic abusers I purposely put myself down to div 7.
  • cartyHUNTER
    848 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m in division 5 and yesterday was the first time I have ever come up against a flick up cross/croqueta abuser. I don’t even know how to do either of those moves.

He quit at 2-0 in the 40th minute.
  • Colt_seevers
    1076 posts Professional
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »
    Majority of them are the standard 4231 sheep

??? it's the best formation in the game objectively. people don't play it because everyone does. everyone does because it works for everyone.
    crossing? check
    first time shots? check
    tiki taka? check
    park the bus? check
    2 cdms? check
    narrow? check
    wide? check

Boring? Check
  • SPN1987
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    maksi wrote: »

No, I still blame the players who abuse broken mechanics. It is their own choice to abuse them. A win has no value this FIFA, therefore I stopped caring about winning or losing. I obviously want to win games, but don't do whatever it takes to win. My main objective is to play proper football and will always be that way.
  • PlayerSayers
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special

No, I still blame the players who abuse broken mechanics. It is their own choice to abuse them. A win has no value this FIFA, therefore I stopped caring about winning or losing. I obviously want to win games, but don't do whatever it takes to win. My main objective is to play proper football and will always be that way.

Exactly my man. I’m in div 1 and just play my football win or lose. Eventually good beats evil right ? Lol
  • Viking_Beard
    218 posts Sunday League Hero

Do you use heroin? Would you use heroin if it was on a table in front of you?

My guess would be NO to both of my questions... just because something is there it doesn’t mean you have to use it. It’s a very extreme example I know but it gets my point across.

The problem relies with the people playing the game, the win at all costs, win by the easiest means possible. It comes down to character!

We’re in an “entitled” generation. People want everything for free now rather than rolling up your sleeves and putting the hard work in. It’s way more satisfying this way but people don’t tent to want satisfying they want it handed to them on a plate.
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    I’ve decided I’m not gonna change my game style. The game is ending. Not so particular about rewards and the value of players now.

Yesterday I was on a bad run drawing and losing games from winning positions. Met 2-3 Crocodile ice skaters and CAT 5 Tornado abusers. I just RQ 1 of them due to delay and moved on to the next game. I feel I’m heading for division 2 soon though.
  • SPN1987

Do you use heroin? Would you use heroin if it was on a table in front of you?

My guess would be NO to both of my questions... just because something is there it doesn’t mean you have to use it. It’s a very extreme example I know but it gets my point across.

The problem relies with the people playing the game, the win at all costs, win by the easiest means possible. It comes down to character!

We’re in an “entitled” generation. People want everything for free now rather than rolling up your sleeves and putting the hard work in. It’s way more satisfying this way but people don’t tent to want satisfying they want it handed to them on a plate.

Yea exactly. For example, why work the angles if you can just first time shoot the ball without any kind of thought process? These first time shots are disgusting. Disgustingly accurate. No skill involved scoring them majority of the time. :s
  • SPN1987
    limjitwe wrote: »
    I’ve decided I’m not gonna change my game style. The game is ending. Not so particular about rewards and the value of players now.

Yesterday I was on a bad run drawing and losing games from winning positions. Met 2-3 Crocodile ice skaters and CAT 5 Tornado abusers. I just RQ 1 of them due to delay and moved on to the next game. I feel I’m heading for division 2 soon though.

Division 2 is way more fun. There are so many good players in division 2 **** all over some division 1 players when it comes to actual skill. But the scoreline just doesn't reflect it.
  • SPN1987
    I’m in division 5 and yesterday was the first time I have ever come up against a flick up cross/croqueta abuser. I don’t even know how to do either of those moves.

He quit at 2-0 in the 40th minute.

Consider yourself blessed. Division 1 and even 2 and possibly 3 are full of mechanic abusers thinking they are actually good at the game. :s