Pim Bergkamp still worth it?

Tboon
2284 posts Fans' Favourite
edited June 19
I'm bored and got many high rated untradable tots players. A long time ago I already finished 2/3 of his sbc. So I can finish his sbc with my untradable cads. But is het still good enough right now?

I will use him as cam or striker.

Comments

• Deano2508
    2435 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not really tbh, he’s underwhelming
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Unless he’s one of your favourite players then no. Although as a CF/CCAM could do a job
  • Pikandel
    1063 posts Professional
    Nope, really underwhelming
  • Tboon
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks! I won't do it.

What should I do with my untradable cards lol
  • Pikandel
    1063 posts Professional
    Tboon wrote: »
    Thanks! I won't do it.

Wait for the Ultimate TOTS SBC’s, otherwise do Depay if he fits your team, great player!
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13066 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 19
    I don’t understand the hate. PIM Bergkamp’s shooting is phenomenal, plays really well in a 2-striker formation. Silky smooth dribbling too!

The Prime however is very mediocre, must be due to workrates (besides the obvious star downgrade).
  • Pikandel
    1063 posts Professional
    I don’t understand the hate. PIM Bergkamp’s shooting is phenomenal, plays really well in a 2-striker formation. Silky smooth dribbling too!

The Prime however is very mediocre, must be due to workrates (besides the obvious star downgrade).

I think mine is broken, can’t shoot to save his life and his weak foot feels worse than Robben’s
  • I would pass on him mate. He had a 1 in 1 gpg average for me but he didn’t really contribute fir me other than his goals. I threw him in the Eusebio sbc last week and wish I had done it months ago.
  • Well, in a 41212 narrow he brought me to D2 and Gold 2. Not that high, but ok.

He performed better as an offensive CAM for me than Baby Cruyff, scoring 4 at my last win to D2.

Never had the chance to try out 1.5+ kk CAM's, maybe I put my BenYedder tots on that position
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Pikandel wrote: »
    Thanks! I won't do it.

Wait for the Ultimate TOTS SBC’s, otherwise do Depay if he fits your team, great player!

Socrates if you need a CAM/Striker

He can even play at CDM/CM at a push
  • DannySTFC
    994 posts Professional
    People may say he’s underwhelming which could well be true but I think if you’re 2/3 of your way through it anyway and have the cards to finish it off then why not, he could end up really good for you and who knows you could get something from the packs.
  • MurkingFools
    500 posts An Exciting Prospect
    the pim was one of the better loans i had used, great shooting, passing was unreal, dribbling n strength felt nice enough too,

if you have done 2/3 of him then i would finish him wont cost too much more,
  • TheTormentor07
    1109 posts Professional
    I really don't understand the dislike Berg gets, he's been amazing for me, play him at CAM in a 433(4) and goals assists galore, even wins the ball back more than he should be able to, brilliant player and seemingly very underrated.
  • Smiley_Utd
    1271 posts Professional
    he ok but defo not META
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    I like him, don’t have the PIM version though.
    He just links everything up nice for attacks for me , and his finesse shots from outside of box are great.
  • FerFuchsAke
    218 posts Sunday League Hero
    Finishing is unreal (better than prime Eusebio imo) and dribbling is tidy too.

Pace let’s him down unless played in a two man striker formation
  • Hibee
    11854 posts Has That Special Something
    I didn't find him that great. But it looks like your an Ajax fan so you would likely get more fun out of him that everyone saying don't do it.
  • Maximus AK47
    1426 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm bored and got many high rated untradable tots players. A long time ago I already finished 2/3 of his sbc. So I can finish his sbc with my untradable cads. But is het still good enough right now?

I will use him as cam or striker.

Man , not only he is totally not worth price tag , he is also not good enough in game ...

Base Zola and ADP are better than him , Maradona and Pele are miles better than him ...

Messi is miles miles better than him ...

Your decision, but I have listed several options which are more fun and more effective in game
  • Maximus AK47
    1426 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seriously, his best qualities are shooting and finishing , only if you get him in that position.... he will score all inside the box and edge of the box

But that’s it . Dribbling not good , pace is bad , balance is not very good as well
  • D0lvl
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    PIM Bergkamp has been benched for me since completing eusebio and ronaldo and using Gomez as CAM.

He was great for me but can be inconsistent with finishing. Once had a dutch trio of kluivert, mvb, and bergkamp as cam. Kluivert has been sacrificed and mvb relegated to super sub.

Thinking of dumping PIM Bergkamp into PIM Socrates SBC.

Worth it?

A trio of eusebio, r96, and socrates would be killer with the 5* WF....
  • lippyone
    1140 posts Professional
    I am always cursing him, however he does pop up with some special goals during weekend league. He does seem to do much better with Two up top, I pair him with Van Basten.
    Certainly not my best icon but he has his moments
  • K_OZ
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Had Medium Socrates and Bergkamp Moments.

Socrates was absolutly no compare to Bergkamp Moments. Not even Cruyff Baby was as far as good as Bergkamp is for me, same to Maradona.

As a D2 / G2 Player, Bergkamp won't leave my Team, except for rly. higher rated players.
  • MDeMontiagne
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PIM Bergkamp has been fantastic for me at ST in a 442, you have to use Hunter on him though. 95 pace 99 shooting. When I first got him, I tried engine, catalyst, hawk and marksman, none of them hit the spot, and he felt quite average surprisingly. When I put a hunter on him, completely different player, felt like a big upgrade.
    For me, I don't know why but his through balls are awful, I literally have to avoid pressing triangle with him, the pass just goes in the opposite place you want it to go. Scored some incredible goals, volleys are mental.
  • lippyone
    1140 posts Professional
    PIM Bergkamp has been fantastic for me at ST in a 442, you have to use Hunter on him though. 95 pace 99 shooting. When I first got him, I tried engine, catalyst, hawk and marksman, none of them hit the spot, and he felt quite average surprisingly. When I put a hunter on him, completely different player, felt like a big upgrade.
    For me, I don't know why but his through balls are awful, I literally have to avoid pressing triangle with him, the pass just goes in the opposite place you want it to go. Scored some incredible goals, volleys are mental.

Thanks for that, good constructive post, have just put Hunter on him, will see if it makes a difference. One of my weaknesses is not trying out different chems on a player. I am too quick to ditch players rather thsn experiment with different chems
  • MDeMontiagne
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    lippyone wrote: »

Thanks for that, good constructive post, have just put Hunter on him, will see if it makes a difference. One of my weaknesses is not trying out different chems on a player. I am too quick to ditch players rather thsn experiment with different chems

No problem, you'd be surprised how much the different chem styles change how players play in game. Might just be me though.
  • Midnight66
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    lippyone wrote: »

No problem, you'd be surprised how much the different chem styles change how players play in game. Might just be me though.

I currently use his Prime at CAM in a 4-1-2-1-2 with Maestro. Up until a couple of weeks ago I had him paired with Shearer Prime at ST with a Hunter applied until I put Lineker Prime in there. He's been outstanding in both positions, although at CAM I usually sub him out for TOTS ZIyech at the 60-70 minute mark.