Is cr7 still worth buying?

Claret_n_blue_blood
13618 posts Has That Special Something
Nif that is, cheers

Comments

• EA_Andy
    2945 posts EA Community Manager
    Nif that is, cheers

I don't want to live in a world where Ronaldo isn't worth buying :)

I guess it depends on your squad...
  • Supermario911
    1220 posts Professional
    I must've come up against this guy at least 10 matches most weekend leagues

I find it so easy to defend him really, he's not that quick and he's quite weak so he gets bullied off

The only thing he's good at is headers. other than that, there's better players for 1 million coins
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Nif that is, cheers

I don't want to live in a world where Ronaldo isn't worth buying :)

I guess it depends on your squad...

He would have tots gomez, PIM van Basten, Messi around him
  • Claret_n_blue_blood

I find it so easy to defend him really, he's not that quick and he's quite weak so he gets bullied off

The only thing he's good at is headers. other than that, there's better players for 1 million coins

Like who please
  • ITSSPENO
    1943 posts Fans' Favourite
    90 Mbappe has to be in with a shout. Still an incredible card
  • Supermario911
    1220 posts Professional

Like who please

PIM Rivaldo, IF and SIF Mbappe, Figo 92, Jovic TOTS, Maradona 95

Those are a few that i've used which have been great
  • Claret_n_blue_blood

Like who please

Cheers I've got 95 maradona at present, really good I must admit but someone said 91 is better
  • L0ngline
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    CR7 is still head and shoulders above the strikers in the tier below. I've played with Auba, Son, Cavani (all TOTS) and Prime MVB and he simply just outperforms them. The strength, the pace, THE MF HEADING AND JUMPING, the shooting, his custom animations, he's just incredible
  • Supermario911
    1220 posts Professional

Like who please

Cheers I've got 95 maradona at present, really good I must admit but someone said 91 is better

I tried 91 and 95 Maradona. 95 finesse shots are broken beyond belief though. i didnt feel the same with 91 as they often didn't go in as much as the 95
  • Retro_G
    27411 posts Player of the Year
    Yes, you won't find a better striker around his price range.
  • Floatingkeyboard
    1064 posts Professional
    TOTS Cavani
  • Bevlarrrr
    974 posts Professional
    edited June 19
    I think it all depends on your play style. I had him and I just couldn’t get in with him at all, I had him in a 2ST formation. I sold him and got 91 Pele, haven’t looked back since. I prefer the smaller agile players. Ron’s heading was next level tho but I found he did get beat a few times by the likes of Blanc and VVD
  • joehuk
    3008 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 19

This I've not come against anyone that can utilize him properly other than hope for a cross or lucky break, normally defend him easy

Not bragging but I packed him and used him for 1WL and his skill, dribbling is insane and shots just seem to go in when used correctly tore players apart with ease his burst dribbling is brilliant not many players stopped him, sadly sold him to complete cruyff pim as he was my goal this year.
  • Poolstu123
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you’re going to get any cr7 then get the gold. I’ve used them all (apart from the new tots) and for me I can’t tell the difference. The gold is just as good as the rest imo.

Strongly recommend you getting him (obviously as it’s cr7)
  • Honestly he just scores goals. He doesn't do a whole lot and he isn’t super fun to play with but he just bangs them in ive played with players that have superior stats but he still seems to shine man
  • Str8hii
    844 posts Semi-Pro
    I bought him last week just for fut champs 30 games 38 goals im still using potm auba he gets like 25g in 30 so yeah hes still better than most i had to sell him cuz his price is crashing bad
  • Bakudu76
    729 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Poolstu123 wrote: »
    If you’re going to get any cr7 then get the gold. I’ve used them all (apart from the new tots) and for me I can’t tell the difference. The gold is just as good as the rest imo.

Well I used every ronaldo beides tots, too. And i notice a clear difference.
    But rather advice to get one of the 98 rated if youre not loaded in terms of coins.
  • ILevis
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I asked myself the exact same but finally bought him 2 weeks ago, he is still definitely worth it
  • Oweyman
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    Poolstu123 wrote: »

Well I used every ronaldo beides tots, too. And i notice a clear difference.
    But rather advice to get one of the 98 rated if youre not loaded in terms of coins.

I'd still call having 4mill coins for one player "loaded" to be fair! ;)
  • v4vendetta1978
    2780 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thought the same today I would be selling tots yedder buying cr7 and finishing vieira
  • DAZBOZ
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    More to the point, when is he ever not worth buying?
  • OZero
    4871 posts National Call-Up
    I have used NIF and TOTY

NIF is still one of the best striker in game and worth the coins. However, he isn’t agile, he isn’t that smooth and he always miss chances. You may be able to find a much better one if you are willing to pay a bit more, say TOTS Son and Aguero.

On the other hand, TOTY is a cheat. He worths the 7m price tag. Basically flawless and the game engine will gift you goals.

I always recommend to sell all your players and get one TOTY / TOTS Ronaldo.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    OZero wrote: »
    I have used NIF and TOTY

NIF is still one of the best striker in game and worth the coins. However, he isn’t agile, he isn’t that smooth and he always miss chances.

That's quite contradictory.
  • MurkingFools
    364 posts Sunday League Hero

Like who please

not used the 95 but chose to try out the 9

if he is on full chem there aint really a difference from the two, so i banked the saved coins and went with the 91

used hawk chem on him
  • xEB50x
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've bought and sold then bought back 3 times this season. You think you can go with someone else, so you sell and invest the coins, but a week later you want him back!
  • OZero
    4871 posts National Call-Up
    OZero wrote: »
    I have used NIF and TOTY

NIF is still one of the best striker in game and worth the coins. However, he isn’t agile, he isn’t that smooth and he always miss chances.

That's quite contradictory.

I know. That explains why many people are saying no fun at all using NIF CR7.
  • Delboy13710
    4474 posts National Call-Up
    Your about 3 months to late .

He turns like a truck at this point
  • SuperSonicSean
    5763 posts Big Money Move
    He's good, but overpriced. He hasn't dropped under 1 million yet on PS4, which is ridiculous. He's been hovering at that price for months now, while other NIFs have dropped as much as 40% in price. 700-800K sounds fair considering the amount of similar/superior strikers available in the game now.

Gold CR7 does nothing that TOTS Ibra can't do better.
  • D0lvl
    1205 posts Professional
    I packed him a couple of weeks ago. I feel like he is wasted when he's not in ST. Since packing him, I've completed Eusebio and r96. Really contemplating on selling cr7 while he is still above 1m for ps4. I feel like cr7/r96 are only meant to be played at ST and Eusebio at CaM is wasted.

I'm currently working on PIM Socrates and I'd easily finish the SBC along with my high untradeable TOTS.

Though I've had and sold cr7 many times before and there are times where he'd be missed. Then again I didn't have eusebio and r96 during those times. (FB Ibra replaced him the first time - didn't miss cr7 much as ibra has well over 1000games for me and nearing 1000 goals).
  • Timur1808
    17 posts Ball Boy
    even just corners are enough reason to buy him. if opponent controls goalkeeper through the near post, just cross to the far edge of the box. if not, just cross around the penalty spot. at least 1 out of 3 times It's a goal. when you struggle to build up, just clear the ball through him, pass it to a pacey winger with his head, counter attack it is. distance shots, mid range shots, 1 on 1's, drivens, first time power shots all are very dangerous. combine him with pacey good dribblers. I use him with messi neymar and mbappe. all nifs. perfect tetralogy for me with affordable prices.