TOTS Messi

Lackosweat
5275 posts Big Money Move
Any reviews on him ? I’ve used the 99 TOTKS Messi and he was ridiculously good.
How low will his price be when Ultimate TOTS kicks in ?

Comments

• MurkingFools
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ive used him for about 50 games in a 443 (5) on RW

The only other version of him i have used is the Nif,

if he will be playing on full chem then there aint too much difference in the versions

dribbling is the same, def feels he same, better heading makes no impact, passing no difference either really,

main difference is the strength boost, but he still cant really hold players off due to him frame so that doesn't matter,

you are mainly playing for the stamina, (if you use subs then swaping for a super works)

go on futbin apply a chem like hawk on him check those stats now and compare with tots

(on xbox)

i sold him on Sat due to a feeling his price would crash, i sold him at 2.9m, ive watch him closely since and his price is falling everyday, i was thinking to re buy him at some point but he will defo be in Ultimate Tots so its very risky to buy soon as his price could really really drop.

I think it will continue to drop until fri, then move up on Sat then will crash hard on Sunday, and wil continue to drop as whilst in packs until the following friday.

overall if rich and the rest of the team is very very good then get him, if not then get the 95 or 98 version spend the save coins on upgrading other areas.

also i think unless you use a possession style of play then he is wasted. he aint suited to play on the counter and he is also wasted if you want your wide players to get in behind
  • madwullie
    3934 posts National Call-Up
    I love him. I sold the toty to have some liquidity and while he's nowhere near as strong as the toty, otherwise he's absolutely brilliant. I do play a possession style with tricky dribbling if I can, and he really suits my game. I play him at rw in the 433(5) and cam in the 4231(2)

Apart from those two, I've only used his nif and these cards are a huge step up from that imo no matter what the numbers suggest.
  • Lackosweat
    edited June 19
    @MurkingFools Really appreciate your in-depth review. He will be my main man in 433-5 as a CF. I’m rocking with this team atm.
    He will replace either Prime R9 or TOTS Mane
    1-AF19916-76-A3-452-E-A032-1-B5-A77-E1-B373.jpg

@madwullie I’ll wait a few more days to buy him then :#
  • madwullie
    3934 posts National Call-Up
    I don't think there's a better cf than toty/tots messi for the (5)

Im using pin cruyff atm but only because I'm ocd and won't do formation switching and links to Messi are awful unless you go pure la liga.

I've got him at rw now and still love him. Definitely better at cf though 👍

• Lackosweat
    madwullie wrote: »
    I don't think there's a better cf than toty/tots messi for the (5)

Im using pin cruyff atm but only because I'm ocd and won't do formation switching and links to Messi are awful unless you go pure la liga.

I've got him at rw now and still love him. Definitely better at cf though 👍

His movement is just perfect for CF. This is one thing EA definitely got it right. They simulate how Messi actually moves irl perfectly.
  • EisenErmin
    5035 posts Big Money Move
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    @MurkingFools Really appreciate your in-depth review. He will be my main man in 433-5 as a CF. I’m rocking with this team atm.

Who plays CM in that 433(5) apart from Gullit? Eusebio?
  • Lackosweat
    EisenErmin wrote: »

Eusebio. He will be the more attacking CM.

Gullit and Vieira are already defensive powerhouses
  • EisenErmin
    5035 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 19

Interesting coice of a CM player, but if it is working....
    Prefering two box to box CM myself with one of them beeing a smaller creative guy( TOTY Modric)

Annother question: How is Icon Ronaldo doing as CF ? I am just in the middle of completing his SBC and he really can play CF only in this formation i guess.
  • Rookie_Gold1
    362 posts Sunday League Hero

Why do u want to replace R9?
  • Lackosweat

Why do u want to replace R9?

Don’t get me wrong. He’s simply too good it feels like cheating. Without him I can focus on building up plays instead of just blindly abusing the 1st time shots.
  • MurkingFools
    @Lackosweat

I really like that team, very similar to my current &end team that im working towards.

im thinking about having Cruyff as Cm in my end end team, how has Eusébio been in Cm for you ? andwhat chem style did you give him ?

Another option could maybe be to play the Toty version as a CM with sentinel on him

I think Nif Messi was perfect for CF the the false 9 role, however it does mean you can only play one way and vs certain type of players/system it doesnt always work. so if playing him there you need a super sub that can go in as the CF and play the role in a hold up/ shielding type style.

Having said that tho, ive decided im going to go with Tots Messi for the RW, one of the big factors was i dont like the other options for the RW position in the game. He most like will be on 8 chem.

I did an experiment with 91 base Maradona as the CF / CM to get messi on full chem, Maradona (with Hawk) was very fun and lethal left finesse shots to the far post but ultimately he was not good enough and tho i never had him with Messi both at the same time i feel they would both bring the same skills to the turf. (its quite unlikely but i havent totally ruled out trying Pim Maradona at some point)

if i was you i would replace Mane, im guessing he is very effective but he is the least 'fun' attacking player in your team. (i used his 90 potm loan)
  • MurkingFools
    How was Brazilian Ronaldo as The Flase 9 ?

Can he play that role like messi by linking up play, droping in and being the hub with his passing?

How was R9 in hold up play?

Ronaldinho feels like his skills like steps over exits etc are smoother etc do R9's also feel custom?

how does Laurent Blanc compared to Ramos and VVD if you have used him?