This game is trash.

BondJame5Collins
458 posts An Exciting Prospect
How can my team become worse with TOTY Messi in it as opposed to regular gold Messi?

All of a sudden i have this 99 card and the likes of R96, 88 Vieira, Prime Raul can't pass or run. It makes no sense.

I'm not going to be one of them guys who say's i'm done with Fifa because i know i'll still buy Fifa 20. But this is the last year i spend money on packs, what's the point when god teams don't play like it. There is no consistency in the players.

Comments

• SomeNextGuy
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    Seen this same thread every year for nearly ten years.
  • Kiido
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just because you have a much better team doesnt mean you are guaranteed a win
  • bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move
    Game is broken beyond repair and EA doesn't care as long as money is coming in.

Just stay away from FIFA 20, or better EA games of any kind..
  • BondJame5Collins
    458 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Kiido wrote: »
    Just because you have a much better team doesnt mean you are guaranteed a win

Not saying i'm guaranteed a win, but my team shouldn't be playing worse than it was when all i've done is upgrade regular Messi to TOTY Messi.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10608 posts Has That Special Something

Gets boring doesn’t it?
  • Queens11
    472 posts Sunday League Hero
    Game is just a complete mess now to be honest it’s gone backwards from the introduction of frostbite
    It’s actually mind boggling how nobody from ea can explain how your players suddenly forget how to play football with passes /shots go the opposite direction or why defenders suddenly go missing

Atleast if ea would give some kind of explanation as to why the bs happens in game then we could deal with it and learn to accept it
    just leaving us all guessing just opens the door to all sorts of conspiracy’s and endless posts
  • young_volki
    246 posts Sunday League Hero
    I know this feeling too well, last week I had finished R96 and added him in my team for TOTS Ben Yedder and got worse results in WL. Surely not Ronaldos fault, he has more goals than games after 100 matches.
    But the players around him seemed to make more mistakes than usual , like R10 and Pele , not to start with my defence..
    Since yesterday Its going well for me again, last 10 Rivals games I won 8 , only loss was against a Gold Team lol.

I think you will also need some time to "adapt" to the new Messi lol eventhough its not the same situation, I can still relate though.
    Same with UCL 95 Ramos vs 91 Ramos I had before. At first my Defence was better with the 91 Ramos and now since the gameplay is good again, my defence is very stable with the 95 Ramos.
    I think its all a matter of good or bad gameplay
  • Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    I know this feeling too well, last week I had finished R96 and added him in my team for TOTS Ben Yedder and got worse results in WL. Surely not Ronaldos fault, he has more goals than games after 100 matches.
    But the players around him seemed to make more mistakes than usual , like R10 and Pele , not to start with my defence..
    Since yesterday Its going well for me again, last 10 Rivals games I won 8 , only loss was against a Gold Team lol.

I think you will also need some time to "adapt" to the new Messi lol eventhough its not the same situation, I can still relate though.
    Same with UCL 95 Ramos vs 91 Ramos I had before. At first my Defence was better with the 91 Ramos and now since the gameplay is good again, my defence is very stable with the 95 Ramos.

It's all a matter of where EA wants to put you in their algorithms.
    It has nothing to do with you or your team.
  • alvchong
    980 posts Professional
    edited June 19
    Same here. Spending time and coins to build TOTS teams at the end just played like my NIF team. U know u will win or lose when the game played into 10, 20 mins in game time. I keep telling myself it happened to everyone and let just collect player and try them out in broken gameplay. If you win you said good player if you lost bad player. Let just get thru my last Fifa 19 games. I started Fifa 18. I did not play Fifa 11 to 17. So I am OK to stop. Not hard feeling.
  • IxToMxI
    5688 posts Big Money Move
    Doubt that is what happened, what is more realistic is you now think your Messi should walk through the opposition and score every time or you force the ball to him too much.

See lots of players do it in W/L, look for the best player, presume 90% of the balls will go to that player, constantly block the passing lane to that player = easy

On a separate note to trash, just played my mate in an online friendly we had an El Tornado match, finished 9-7, now that’s trash
  • Baressi
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Use tactics change formations during the game it help alot ..change players positions..
  • CaptainWazza
    449 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Today the AI brought my keeper out 45 yards in to no-mans land and wouldn't let me control him. Literally gave my opponent an open net. iTs iN tHe GaMe
  • Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Today the AI brought my keeper out 45 yards in to no-mans land and wouldn't let me control him. Literally gave my opponent an open net. iTs iN tHe GaMe

I never had the goalie up there (maybe you pushed the wrong button?).
    On the other hand I have several times had one of my CBs on the other side of the pitch when my opponent was attacking.

Go figure.
  • Wi1son73
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is one of my dramatic moments this morning...
    I’m not talking about the free kick, but the follow up..
  • Knowlesdinho
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    This is one of my dramatic moments this morning...
    I’m not talking about the free kick, but the follow up..

I’ve seen this happen in real life, could be spun both ways tbh. If his keeper had got up and missed the 2nd save, he’d probably be posting the same video with almost the same sentence.
  • Wi1son73
    I understand, but when it’s constant game after game, you start to get a bit frustrated and angry...

Especially when my opponent just goes up (45min mark) and skip all my tackles all rebounds goes back to him and scores..
    This game does feel trash and soul destroying!

Yes when the games goes like that, advice is turned it off and take a break...
    So I’m doing exactly that...
  • Look at this....
  • malky
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    I noticed years ago that NIF cards play better than IF, TOTS, TOTY cards. That's why when I see I'm up against a NIF team I know I'm in for a game.
  • Wi1son73
    malky wrote: »
    I noticed years ago that NIF cards play better than IF, TOTS, TOTY cards. That's why when I see I'm up against a NIF team I know I'm in for a game.

True mate
  • Wi1son73
    DarthJar wrote: »
    Look at this....

That is totally shocking!! I’ve never seen this game so bad, than what it is right now!
    I hated 19 at the start, but got used to it.. But now you can have these ridiculous BS moments all over the field.
    Tbh 95% of my games ridiculed with these weird animations.
  • Wi1son73
    edited June 19
    I wasn’t expecting a pen, but how I got a yellow card? I would be raging if Fabian was already on a yellow card!
    I goto shoot, AI or my opponent kicks away, but I’m already in motion animation to shoot.
  • starfox1284
    1793 posts Play-Off Hero
    malky wrote: »

Couldn't agree more...I'd rather play a full icon team that a team full of NIF meta cards. The handicapping IG is just ridiculous.
  • Wi1son73
    Just played two NIF prem squads... it’s so blatant..!!! you can’t say that they were just better... 100% ball bounces back to them. Trying to clear the ball, always goes back to them.
    Player doing lunges 5 mins after I tackled... random players doing lunges and deliberately missing the ball completely, letting in my opponent!

Every shot my opponent shoots he scores, not me. I can’t get past his NIF Ederson.
    This is one of my goals but let’s add some twist to it, just so for that second you can’t believe it just done that...

I don’t know how to get out this horrific gameplay, feels out of sync, or something wrong
  • Paquetesousa
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    Let me explain to you how this game works: right before you start a new match, a coin is flipped. Tails, you win. Heads, you lose. Players are irrelevant
  • Knowlesdinho
    Let me explain to you how this game works: right before you start a new match, a coin is flipped. Tails, you win. Heads, you lose. Players are irrelevant

Simply not true.
  • Paquetesousa

Simply not true.

Prove me wrong
  • Knowlesdinho

Simply not true.

Prove me wrong

Put your pad down when you start each game...see how many you win!
  • Paquetesousa

Simply not true.

Prove me wrong

Simply not true.

Prove me wrong

I was expecting better logic, but ok...

Picture this: a drag race: both cars in the starting line. One of the cars was sabotaged and the car can only go 20 miles per hour... the other car drivers knows about it and, therefore, doesn’t even start the engine because it is won already. Who ends up winning the race if drivers number two never moves?

Have you got any better logic or was that it? Lol
  • SebastienEngelhart
    257 posts Sunday League Hero

And yet its still trash
  • SebastienEngelhart
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »

It's all a matter of where EA wants to put you in their algorithms.
    It has nothing to do with you or your team.

This, i stopped playing as soon as i figured this out. The team you have after 8-9 months will play no different to the team you had on release day depending on EA's 'Dynamic Difficulty'. And whether its in your favour or not.

Imagine wasting all your weekends playing WL when your rank is determined before you even pick the controller up.
    All the hard work, time and god forbid even money spent to make 0 difference to your team.