Comparing Fifa with other eSports (Prize Money)

Klausdieter
16 posts Ball Boy
edited June 2019
Fifa 18: World Champipn MS Dossary gets 250.000 for 1st place, 2nd Place 50.000 US Dollar.

Nice earnings, w/o a doubt.

Fortnite World Championship 2019:
100 Players of the final were given 50.000 US Dollar for reaching the Final

1st Place 3.000.000 US Dollar

Well, Fifa is a pay / trade to win title / get better chances title. The average Team in Bucharest had a worth of ~15.000 Dollar. Each Players Team.

Fortnite ist a free2play game. Only Skins / other things bring money, but everyone has the same Chances, similar to Counter Strike.

2 nd place Fifa 50.000 Prize Money
100 players Fortnite at least 50.000 PM

Something is going really wrong...
Post edited by Klausdieter on

Comments

• Klausdieter
    16 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 2019
    Hey Marty, I do accept that Fortnite has a larger Viewership. Even if it is also not my game, too.

Maybe I should have done some research, but does Fortnite really does 3time the money EA is earning through selling the game AND Fut- Mode?

I will do the research. But even with 3times the money I personally think there is a HUGE gap between those Games / Price Moneys

Edit: Epic games earned 3 billion in 2018 through Fortnite. That is massive for a f2p Game. Wow.
  • I SiR MartY I
    10402 posts Has That Special Something
    Hey Marty, I do accept that Fortnite has a larger Viewership. Even if it is also not my game, too.

Maybe I should have done some research, but does Fortnite really does 3time the money EA is earning through selling the game AND Fut- Mode?

I will do the research. But even with 3times the money I personally think there is a HUGE gap between those Games / Price Moneys

UT - 800m a year
    FN - 2.4B a year

Its pretty big yeah.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain

UT - 800m a year
    FN - 2.4B a year

Its pretty big yeah.

I don't play Fortnite, but you've to them credit for how they treat their community. They always listen to community feedback, constantly updated the game to keep it fresh. The gameplay is skill based, it takes a lot of time to get good. They've no shady business practices, or p2w mechanics. Top notch Netcode, no issues online. It's the gold standard when it comes to online games.
  • Torn4do
    1299 posts Professional
    one of the major problems with FIFA is that each year a new version comes out which plays like a new game.

Plus the vast majority of players that play this game aren’t lucky enough to be able to play with the players they want to play with.

In order for anything to be called a sport then the people taking part need to be on a level footing, it can’t be called a sport or in anyway competitive if some people are able to field a 95 rated team whereas the opponent can only field an 87 team, that is not sport in the true meaning of the word, one person has a huge advantage over the other player.

The only way this will ever turn into a true esport is if the playing field is levelled and players are able to use the team they wish to use, then it should all come down to the skill of the person playing.
  • I SiR MartY I
    10402 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »

UT - 800m a year
    FN - 2.4B a year

Its pretty big yeah.

I don't play Fortnite, but you've to them credit for how they treat their community. They always listen to community feedback, constantly updated the game to keep it fresh. The gameplay is skill based, it takes a lot of time to get good. They've no shady business practices, or p2w mechanics. Top notch Netcode, no issues online. It's the gold standard when it comes to online games.

Pretty much, its the standard for how a company should interact with the community and listen to feedback.

I remember reading about this overpowered weapon that the community went mental about, some sword and it was out after a day, also an ability or perk that allowed you to recharge your shields when you killed an opponent which got removed too.

EA on the other hand, they treat their players like garbage, milk them for every penny they can, focus on the wrong things for gameplay changes upsetting the community and at the end of it all tell us "they heard us" and if we buy the next game, all our problems will be gone. Pathetic.
  • HyperOCD
    1791 posts Fans' Favourite

UT - 800m a year
    FN - 2.4B a year

Its pretty big yeah.

Every single thing what EA are not.
    We are here only because we love football
  • Vezzo
    1539 posts Play-Off Hero

UT - 800m a year
    FN - 2.4B a year

Its pretty big yeah.

What you said is all true in my experience too. Unfortunately I am too old to aim properly so gave up on it :)
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    I wonder what type of technology fortnight uses they can have so many players all playing together smoothly without a hitch across multiple platforms
    ea can’t manage a 1v1 game without delay and lag
  • Team Sam
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    *prize
  • Klausdieter
    16 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 2019
    Team Sam wrote: »
    *prize

You are right, this should not happen :-(

Changed it.