Opinons please. Do PiM Blanc to replace FB Luiz?

Headshrinker363
4997 posts Big Money Move
Would be playing next to 95 Ramos. Has anyone done the switch?

Comments

• AFC AJAX NR 1
    13084 posts Has That Special Something
    based on some of the CBs I've used, I would rate them like this:

ToTY van Dijk > FB Luiz > PIM Blanc > PIM Maldini

• BorussenBernie09
    1462 posts Professional
    I use PIM Blanc and 95 Ramos as my CB Duo, 91 Alonso as LB and David Luiz as RB. David Luiz is a Gamechanger as Fullback. He destroy Neymars and Mbappes for fun.
  • Headshrinker363

Thanks for the input. I am pretty attached to Luiz, just I have enough to do Blanc with the cards in my club, can’t really think what else to do with them.
  • Headshrinker363
    I use PIM Blanc and 95 Ramos as my CB Duo, 91 Alonso as LB and David Luiz as RB. David Luiz is a Gamechanger as Fullback. He destroy Neymars and Mbappes for fun.

I have Alonso LB and Zanetti RB. I really like Zanetti there. Might give Luiz a run out there, see how it goes. Tried Luiz as a CDM and really did not get on with him there.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1

Thanks for the input. I am pretty attached to Luiz, just I have enough to do Blanc with the cards in my club, can’t really think what else to do with them.

I just love FB Luiz, such an elite end-game CB still. FB Luiz has like +10 jumping on PIM Blanc (not the mention the extra pace). FB Luiz consistently scored headers.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1462 posts Professional

I have Alonso LB and Zanetti RB. I really like Zanetti there. Might give Luiz a run out there, see how it goes. Tried Luiz as a CDM and really did not get on with him there.

He has been Crap for me as CDM, too.

I very often use 1-2 passes and if you sent Luiz down the line, he's unstoppable.
  • starfox1284
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    PIM Desailly is better than PIM Blanc
  • Headshrinker363

He has been Crap for me as CDM, too.

I very often use 1-2 passes and if you sent Luiz down the line, he's unstoppable.

I have mid Blanc untradeable, gonna stick him in the middle and put Luiz at RB. Cheers for the info.
  • Headshrinker363

He’s out my current budget. Maybe that’s the reason why, he’s better.
  • Boysie91
    8457 posts League Winner

He’s out my current budget. Maybe that’s the reason why, he’s better.

No one uses Desailly because Blanc is better and Desailly is overpriced.
  • shepj6
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 18
    Had Fb Luiz and tots Laporte as my pairing, did blanc last week played him in weekend league instead of Laporte, I would say luiz is the best of the 3. back using luiz and Laporte now.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2759 posts Fans' Favourite
    Never drop Luiz.
  • Headshrinker363
    Thanks for the advice all. Will need to try and stay patient.
  • SinkXI
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    After 800 games, I dropped luiz for PIM cannavaro last week. Think I prefer Cannavaro but it might just be enjoying the fresh change. Time will tell
  • RayS
    25714 posts Player of the Year
    I'm making the switch actually. I was hesitant to at first bc of how good he is but I needed an icon CB for a team change for chem.

Bought PIM Blanc over the weekend to "test drive" him. My findings:

Overall I liked Blanc better than Luiz for a couple reasons:
    1. Height
    2. Positioning

As good as Luiz is, the main down side I've noticed is him charging out of position due to his work rates and maybe aggression? Blanc was much more dependable positionally. In the tackle they are about the same. Even aerial ability is similar with Blanc edging out just due to his height. Both great passers so that was no deal breaker.

My advice? Stick with Luiz unless you notice him costing u goals bc of his runs or if u need a change for chem reasons.
  • Gnomenclature
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    Pim blanc is not an upgrade to luiz... just a sidestep with icon linking. They're both good.
  • alvchong
    980 posts Professional
    I have been using FB Luis for more than 800 games. I just did PIM Blanc due to too many high rated useless TOTS cards. Played around 10 matches. Immediately I notice Blanc is better due to height and position. Don't get me wrong. I think FB Luiz still good.
  • Don_seanado
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    Luiz is better
  • maccag
    179 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't do it, I regret putting luiz into Blanc's sbc massively as Blanc is costing me goals and games, I don't know if my card is broken as tried every chem style on him and is still very poor for me, there hasn't been a game where I thought wow what a card, Luiz was far better but unfortunately I'm stuck with Blanc for chem reasons and in tight games I normally take Blanc off now or put him as a cdm.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    PIM Blanc is 3 cm taller yes, but FB Luiz has +11 jumping.
  • torakun
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is going to be my final team's CB partnership. Since I can't afford pim maldini. Well, another reason is because... 2 months ago I was so sure PIM blanc is good, so I dropped my unused icon into his SBC.. 2 months ago! So.. yea kinda decided for me :'( :'(
  • Which chemistry style is better on pim blanc? Shadow?
  • OZero
    5192 posts Big Money Move

Imo PIM Maldini > PIM Blanc
    I agree with the rest
  • Arsence
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FB Luiz is the GOAT, keep him and keep your cards for a future SBC (I'm hoping for a Pogba of some kind hopefully!)
  • OZero
    5192 posts Big Money Move
    In fact I think it’s your 95 Ramos that should be replaced by PIM Blanc
  • The_WC
    497 posts An Exciting Prospect
    David luiz is so much better than blanc I have both. Blanc is to slow. Hes a good defender and dirt cheap to complete with all these high rated reds but hes not in same league
  • Headshrinker363
    Thanks for all your input. Think I’ll stick with what I have just now. SBC addiction is strong in me so the next big thing better hurry up😂.
    OZero wrote: »
    In fact I think it’s your 95 Ramos that should be replaced by PIM Blanc

It took me a while to get used to him but I’m really liking him now and he links in 93 Casemiro who I’m really impressed with.
  • KurtyH
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hated my 95 sbc Ramos first weekend I used him and he was going to be sbc fodder he gave away so many penalties and was terrible, but he was like a different player this last weekend gone reminded me of fb Luiz he was making aggressive tackles and winning the ball everywhere like FB Luiz does against me.