Question for R96 Owners

Comments

• Vezzo
    919 posts Professional
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    His aggression and satmina are too low for me, also his workratio's aren't the best. Overhyped player IMO just like in real life
    Overhyped irl? The dude won TWO Balon d’Ors and TWO WCs, along with a host of other silverware. What are you on? :joy:

I am a Real Madrid fan and I stopped supporting the club the year after they signed him. I watched all the games. He was horrible. Real Madrid never won anything meaningful with him in the team. He was an overvalued lazy fat disgrace of a player who only scored tap-ins and occasionally a decent goal would give him enough credit to spent another few months doing nothing. My biggest relief was when they sold him.

Doesn't take much time to go youtube for this

And check those tap ins
  • Jonboyparker
    5285 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t sub him off.

He lasts the full game as ST. It’s quite low near the end but not detrimental. He doesn’t run much anyway with MM workrates. He kind of drifts into areas where he has a shooting chance. He’s not a counter striker.

70 games/70 goals. All online
  • iTaLenTZ
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Vezzo wrote: »
    His aggression and satmina are too low for me, also his workratio's aren't the best. Overhyped player IMO just like in real life
    Overhyped irl? The dude won TWO Balon d’Ors and TWO WCs, along with a host of other silverware. What are you on? :joy:

I am a Real Madrid fan and I stopped supporting the club the year after they signed him. I watched all the games. He was horrible. Real Madrid never won anything meaningful with him in the team. He was an overvalued lazy fat disgrace of a player who only scored tap-ins and occasionally a decent goal would give him enough credit to spent another few months doing nothing. My biggest relief was when they sold him.

And check those tap ins

He was a great player, probably the best in the world at that time, BEFORE his injury. He was 19,20,21 years old in his prime and never reached that level again. That is why I never liked his signing by Real Madrid because at that point he was a mediocre player who overperformed during a WC. He played in one of the strongest national squads ever. Even I would have scored a couple of goals.

Milan Baros, Klose, Podolski are also player who were amazing but only during cups.
  • Eien
    4 posts Ball Boy
    It's sad how most people's memories of R9 are from his 2002 WC and Real Madrid days...by that time he was mostly just a finisher (a world-class one nonetheless) who occasionally went on spectacular runs. He was only 60-70% of his former self, but still up there at the top in an era full of stars.
    To see Ronaldo at his best you have to watch his Barcelona (physical peak) and Inter (overall peak) days. Imo R9 during 1996-1997 was the greatest natural talent/individual player in football history.
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something

And check those tap ins

He was a great player, probably the best in the world at that time, BEFORE his injury. He was 19,20,21 years old in his prime and never reached that level again. That is why I never liked his signing by Real Madrid because at that point he was a mediocre player who overperformed during a WC. He played in one of the strongest national squads ever. Even I would have scored a couple of goals.

Milan Baros, Klose, Podolski are also player who were amazing but only during cups.
    Did you really just compare Ronaldo to Podolski? :neutral:
  • EisenErmin
    5794 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 19

And check those tap ins

Did you really just compare Ronaldo to Podolski? :neutral:

Not really. He said that Podolski and the others he mentioned were performing above their level in world cup games.

btw: in his last international game for germany he pulled this out of the hat:

Thats a true "green timed power shot" in reallife :smile:
  • torakun
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    R94 is better ;) :p