No commentary on PIM cards

Supermario911
1233 posts Professional
It's been nearly 3 months since this was first reported?

there's still no commentary on PIM cards for example, I have PIM Rivaldo and the commentator never says his name..

How hard is this to fix?

Comments

• Dazzler179
    1149 posts Professional
    Probably pretty easy but they don’t care about fifa19 now, it’s all about 20. My advice, learn from this and don’t buy the next instalment.
  • Supermario911
    1233 posts Professional
    Dazzler179 wrote: »
    Probably pretty easy but they don’t care about fifa19 now, it’s all about 20. My advice, learn from this and don’t buy the next instalment.

We can change commentary names for pro club players ourselves, surely it would be easy lol.

Yeah around this time every year is when the next fifa marketing campaign starts and EA move on

• D14
    3328 posts National Call-Up
    Is this genuinely a game breaking issue though, like does it genuinely prevent you using the player, or playing the game. If your seriously that upset, turn on player names and that way you'll have the name above all your players, problem solved!
  • BeastlyHusla
    2829 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wish I could complain about this.
  • Supermario911
    1233 posts Professional

We can change commentary names for pro club players ourselves, surely it would be easy lol.

Yeah around this time every year is when the next fifa marketing campaign starts and EA move on
    D14 wrote: »
    Is this genuinely a game breaking issue though, like does it genuinely prevent you using the player, or playing the game. If your seriously that upset, turn on player names and that way you'll have the name above all your players, problem solved!

It's not game breaking, but it's irritating spending so much coins on a PIM and they don't even say their name..

To me its a simple fix that could be sorted easily, unless @EA_Andy says otherwise.

It's just the fact these minor things which can be sorted (let's face it, the big issues wont be sorted until Fifa 20 and that's being optimistic) will improve the game even that little bit more
  • Futfanatic
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    Look ehhhh some things are to difficult to fix for fifa 19... maybe in fifa 20, or 21. Pre-order now!!!
  • D14

It's not game breaking, but it's irritating spending so much coins on a PIM and they don't even say their name..

To me its a simple fix that could be sorted easily, unless @EA_Andy says otherwise.

It's just the fact these minor things which can be sorted (let's face it, the big issues wont be sorted until Fifa 20 and that's being optimistic) will improve the game even that little bit more

The issues as such big or small will never be fixed, its not the game thats broken, the community will always find a way to get around the game, or to rely on everything that is OP. You just have to get used to it and accept it, its partly down to how the game has been targeted toward competitive gaming, with the removal of silver and bronze inform structure (as with previous years/games before).

The whole name thing, I can understand why it's not been fixed because it actually really doesn't matter. I get that you might find it irritating, but it has absolutely zero impact on the ability to enjoy the player or the game.
  • DIXON THFC
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have PIM Del Piero, PIM Baggio and PIM Kluivert and they all have commentary associated to them? Is this just a random PIM issue?
  • Supermario911
    1233 posts Professional

The issues as such big or small will never be fixed, its not the game thats broken, the community will always find a way to get around the game, or to rely on everything that is OP. You just have to get used to it and accept it, its partly down to how the game has been targeted toward competitive gaming, with the removal of silver and bronze inform structure (as with previous years/games before).

The whole name thing, I can understand why it's not been fixed because it actually really doesn't matter. I get that you might find it irritating, but it has absolutely zero impact on the ability to enjoy the player or the game.

You're missing the point

EA is a global company with probably around 10k employees working directly on Fifa.

You're telling me that a company of this size and magnitude wouldn't split the teams into different sections of Fifa? So there's no team that looks after visuals, another team on gameplay, another team on the competitive side, another team on marketing for pack sales and offers etc etc.

The point I'm making is small things never get fixed, what hope do we have for the key issues being ever sorted in Fifa 20 and beyond (i.e. AI Defending, clean tackling)
  • DeanoZoff
    4279 posts National Call-Up
    Just EA being EA. Lazy bunch that dont give a **** about their customers.
  • D14

You're missing the point

EA is a global company with probably around 10k employees working directly on Fifa.

You're telling me that a company of this size and magnitude wouldn't split the teams into different sections of Fifa? So there's no team that looks after visuals, another team on gameplay, another team on the competitive side, another team on marketing for pack sales and offers etc etc.

The point I'm making is small things never get fixed, what hope do we have for the key issues being ever sorted in Fifa 20 and beyond (i.e. AI Defending, clean tackling)

Im not missing your point, yes they might have the staff to fix the issue, but there is no actual need as it has absolutely zero impact on the game or your ability to use that player.
  • IncredibleK
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    DIXON THFC wrote: »
    I have PIM Del Piero, PIM Baggio and PIM Kluivert and they all have commentary associated to them? Is this just a random PIM issue?

Certain Icons, think they may have fixed it for a couple (Best I think) but my Blanc and Figo are the same
  • selb
    6579 posts Big Money Move
    I cant believe people still listen to the terrible commentary, it does my head in! I turn it off and listen to some music 🎵🎶🎵
  • Diggy
    13638 posts Has That Special Something
    8 PIMs in my team 5 lines of commentary between them

“Best”
    “Maldini”
    “Cannavaro”
    “ & Cannavaro”
    “ onto Cannavaro”
  • DanValletta
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    I only have one PIM and that's gerrard and he has commentary. The rest are primes.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5351 posts Big Money Move
    Not referring to PIM. But I find myself getting very annoyed when they have commentary for some obscure silver player that I can’t pronounce, but won’t say the name of a guy that is in tots or has a super juiced special card.
  • Supermario911
    1233 posts Professional
    Not referring to PIM. But I find myself getting very annoyed when they have commentary for some obscure silver player that I can’t pronounce, but won’t say the name of a guy that is in tots or has a super juiced special card.

lol yeah
  • Pikandel
    1111 posts Professional
    I’m getting annoyed over the fact that the commentary says Luuk De Jong when Frenkie De Jong has the ball