Anyone Used/Considering using TOTS Di Maria at CM

Muzza11
8249 posts League Winner
Yes that’s right, I’m back ;). Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    edited June 18
    Just seen a TOTS thread, my bad. I’ll use that next time.
  • BayernBru
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Was looking on here the other day to see if anyone had any opinions on TOTS Di Maria at CM and came across this thread. Have since gave him a shot at CM so thought I'd give a quick review. Guess you've already tried it for yourself by now @Muzza11 or moved on from the idea, but might be helpful for someone else in the future.

I've been using him as a LCM in a 4411 with senitel chem style. He's been incredible. That pace and dribbling stats combination adds another dimension to the midfield from an attacking point of view. Love getting him on the ball and using him to drive the team forward from the centre of midfield. He's very difficult for people to knock off the ball too due to the high dribbling and physical stats.

From a defensive point of view, he's able to get back so quickly and keep up with the fastest of players. He's very good and aggressive in the tackle, always feel confident that he's going to win the ball back.

Going forwards his passing range/ weight of passing is amazing and his shots, both long range and in the box, are so powerful.

All of this, mixed with the 5* skills, make him a lot of fun to use while also being very effective.

The only downside is the 2* weakfoot and it is noticeable, but he's so good with everything else that it's worth working with in my opinion.

• Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    Used him as a sub and I thought he was decent. He has 80 standing tackle tbf to him lol. I no longer play him there as my CM’s are Vieira, TOTY Modric and TOTS Aouar.
  • BayernBru
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    Used him as a sub and I thought he was decent. He has 80 standing tackle tbf to him lol. I no longer play him there as my CM’s are Vieira, TOTY Modric and TOTS Aouar.

That's a nice midfield trio, very well balanced. I use him as a CM sub now. His energy in the midfield late on is great.