#ForzaMilan
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Roma, Napoli, Inter or Milan ?

Milan
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4120 posts National Call-Up
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    I've struggled the entire year to make a tactic that actually has a CAM performing well, but I've just started a Watford save and Domingos Quina has scored 21 goals in 31 games and we are currently 2nd. I am stunned :joy:

One of my biggest issues with FM this year is the CAM. The position just never works well for me in a 4231 regardless of the role, even if it's a top tier CAM his numbers are never amazing

I was the same prior to this save. Got a 4231 working very well, not sure what it is but Quina just absolutely lasers shots in to the top corner. Only got 3 assists so definitely not a creator by any means.
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    46983 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Karlos wrote: »
    #ForzaMilan
    Pietu wrote: »
    Roma, Napoli, Inter or Milan ?

Milan

• Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    e2ad101aef049204b390503c06d2c576.png
    good year
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    2507 hours for me, oops :joy:
  • alex1987
    5483 posts Big Money Move
    Decided the buy 19 for 12 EUR.
    Started a game with FC United of Manchester, always loved the lower league games.
    After 8 games in 23rd place, just couldn't get anything working after winning everything pre-season.

Changed to a 4411 formation and things are looking much better. 20 games in and in 9th place with 4 points behind play-off spots.
    Club had 300k in bank, does not want to improve youth facilities nor want a mother club. Also, FC United has a **** load of players.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Started a game with FC United of Manchester, always loved the lower league games.
    After 8 games in 23rd place, just couldn't get anything working after winning everything pre-season.

Changed to a 4411 formation and things are looking much better. 20 games in and in 9th place with 4 points behind play-off spots.
    Club had 300k in bank, does not want to improve youth facilities nor want a mother club. Also, FC United has a **** load of players.

Two banks of 4 is pretty much the only way to succeed consistently without using the set piece exploits unless you have an absolutely elite team :joy:

I've just started a new save with Millwall to try and get something else working. Gone 451, two CAM's, my player ratings are much worse than what I've had using 442/4411, and yet I've managed to win the Carabao Cup and I'm cruising to the Championship title. Odd one.
  • alex1987
    5483 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 20

Two banks of 4 is pretty much the only way to succeed consistently without using the set piece exploits unless you have an absolutely elite team :joy:

I've just started a new save with Millwall to try and get something else working. Gone 451, two CAM's, my player ratings are much worse than what I've had using 442/4411, and yet I've managed to win the Carabao Cup and I'm cruising to the Championship title. Odd one.

Yeah i switched to early crossing and long balls. That gave me quite a few wins. Am 6 points behind play-offs 28 games in so not that bad. Game predicted 13th place, currently in 8th.
    I do get lots of games with like 15 shots, conceding 5 shots and still losing.
  • Akinfenwaaaa

Yeah i switched to early crossing and long balls. That gave me quite a few wins. Am 6 points behind play-offs 28 games in so not that bad. Game predicted 13th place, currently in 8th.
    I do get lots of games with like 15 shots, conceding 5 shots and still losing.

Yeah I've found early crosses is almost a necessity when you don't have elite wingers/fullbacks, amount of times they'll hold on to the ball to then cross it straight in to the first man then get done on the counter is unreal.
  • Dan2501
    1250 posts Professional
    edited August 22
    2 transfer windows into a save with Burnley and basically transformed the team despite a net spend of £4m. Made them anti-Brexit Burnley. No more 4-4-2, no more target man, no more hoof ball, we've gone all continental and playing some proper football. Currently 9th in Season 1, but building for a big season next season. Currently lining up:
    Pope

Ruegg
    Henry
    Caleta-Car
    Diallo

Cork
    Gravenberch
    Elneny

Forrest
    Ontiveros
    Fernandez

Was going to persist with Mee and Tarkowski at CB, but Tarkowski threw a hissy fit when I wouldn't sell him to Chelsea for £8m, so decided to replace him and made bids for Caleta-Car and Abdou Diallo, both got accepted, both agreed to reasonable contracts so decided to just go for it and bring both in and sell Tarkowski.

Gravenberch is new to the side in Jan and currently rotating with Hendrick but long term will be our main AP in the centre of midfield. Elneny came in on loan at the start of the season with an option to buy, and I will be taking that option, he's been fantastic. Forrest and Ontiveros are both new Jan acquisitions after not being overly impressed with Gudmundsson and Rodriguez, but they should both be happy to play back-up to the two new boys.

And then Carlos Fernandez has been superb up top. I wasn't convinced by Ashley Barnes or Chris Wood so Barnes was moved on to Leicester early on and Fernandez was bought in for £3.5m and he's been brilliant. In his early 20s so plenty of scope for improvement, has already bagged 10 goals in 15 and been an excellent cheap striker option.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Has anyone ever been able to get indirect free kicks working consistently? I honestly can't remember a single season where I've scored any more than 5 IFK's. Very annoying.
  • chaser2k15
    13371 posts Has That Special Something
    One of the best regens I have had. f2LB54J.jpg
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    10026748011da080103bc3cfcfdadd21.png

need help.. where is the option to buy players for my second team??
    he shouldnt be backup for my first team but key player for the second team.
  • Pughy30
    25676 posts Player of the Year
    I don't know if you can sign someone and tell them they're going to be a key player for the second team. I usually just sign youngsters then manually put them into the B team, usually they don't tend to complain because they're still getting game time even if it's for the B team
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    hope so
    bought some players for my b team and hope they promote to the third league
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20006 posts Club Captain
    edited August 25
    hope so
    Can't go above level 4
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    hope so
    Can't go above level 4

4x second teams in 3. Bundesliga ?
    08a3bd0a7419955acf07b0f9b700ea62.png
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20006 posts Club Captain
    hope so
    Can't go above level 4

4x second teams in 3. Bundesliga ?
    08a3bd0a7419955acf07b0f9b700ea62.png
    Dunno why I was thinking it was Karlos that wrote this about his Lyon save, but in France it's level 4 :p
  • valdeOLENCOOL
    20006 posts Club Captain
    But @apfelmus_maCHer1 just so you know when the way teams get promoted from an invisible league is by chance, the bigger reputation the team has the bigger chance they have of getting promoted, so just by having amazing player's on your team is sufficient to get them promoted, it's all about luck
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    88d9fc8816fa2825e7946916e2a733d3.png
  • Pughy30
    4bab22203d125f09eae0d12a1cfa26c6.png
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    65520610c4bf2bb639a81986280a2075.png
    💰💰💰
  • Karlos
    24281 posts Club Captain
    a80aed82546b7e30262f3b521476b708.png

Took me 9 seasons in the Championship, but I finally got there.
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    new save : lille
  • Pughy30
    new save : lille

Such a fun team really young squad and a really good academy. Do you download squad updates so you got all the new signings or the default one which still has Pepe?