One week without playing

Comments

• Sean2On
    1093 posts Professional
    Haven’t played really since the first month the game came out till the beginning of tots and it’s nice to know fifa doesn’t mean that much to me anymore.

You can only take so many 90th minute rebound losses before you lose your ****.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Not played for 3 weeks now, having played religiously for years. It’s amazing how much you can do in the time you waste on Fifa, my weekends are fun again.
  • BrentfordFC
    11185 posts Has That Special Something
    Not played for 3 weeks now, having played religiously for years. It’s amazing how much you can do in the time you waste on Fifa, my weekends are fun again.

Smash and lash? :trollface:
  • James Libby
    4986 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 13
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    If FIFA is affecting you this much, it's definitely time to retire.

Im surprised you havent retired yet with your lack of ability to be any good at the game.

And I'm not surprised you would make an inflammatory, baseless accusation in an effort to garner the attention that you're so obviously deprived of in the other annals of your life.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30901 posts National Team Captain
    edited June 13
    I am trying to retire and what I have noticed from my first fifa free week is that I am a much calmer and balanced person.

Anybody else find that a few days off changes you?

10000000%. I stopped playing in February and felt amazing. So much stress gone. I came back for 2 weekends the weekends of BPL TOTS sand Bundas TOTS, played about 25 total and I felt all the stress and irritability coming back. After 2 back to back losses coming off games where I had 3x as many chances and my opponents was scoring off bogus deflected tackles, that was me done. So I stopped, discarded my entire team. Just to ensure I had no urge to come back to FUT this year.

Massive relief.
  • DarthGrowler
    14147 posts Has That Special Something
    I am trying to retire and what I have noticed from my first fifa free week is that I am a much calmer and balanced person.

10000000%. I stopped playing in February and felt amazing. So much stress gone. I came back for 2 weekends the weekends of BPL TOTS sand Bundas TOTS, played about 25 total and I felt all the stress and irritability coming back. After 2 back to back losses coming off games where I had 3x as many chances and my opponents was scoring off bogus deflected tackles, that was me done. So I stopped, discarded my entire team. Just to ensure I had no urge to come back to FUT this year.

Massive relief.

I don't think I've beaten the habit yet. Did discarding hell that much?
  • Keano
    11722 posts Has That Special Something

Staying away from 20?
  • Richard
    11407 posts Has That Special Something
    Addiction thread of the year.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30901 posts National Team Captain
    edited June 13

Massive relief.

I don't think I've beaten the habit yet. Did discarding hell that much?

Lmao. I mean too each their own. It’s just nice to know that even if I randomly decided to go back to play FUT, I “can’t” as I would no longer have the team for it, nor enough coins to build a competitive squad, and I’m damn sure not going to put the effort in at this point. But I’ve legitimately had no urge to play since I did. I’ve gone back to Football manager 2019 for my footballing game.

It’s a shame because I love FIFA as far as playing football, so it sucks not to really have it. I’ve said since day one of EA Access that this was the worst FIFA imo, and I regret buying the game 3 weeks later. I won’t make that mistake again this year. If I feel it’s bad during access, I’m not spending the money on the game. It’s just not worth the stress and **** you get put through with the gameplay.

Fifa 19 is the only game I’ve ever played where even when you’re winning, it feels like you’re losing.

Here’s me tapping out to FUT 19.
    https://xboxclips.com/XxRichiexRichxX/5763f07b-9c3f-4a59-84dc-77d12dbe8458
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on
  • Knowlesdinho
    9904 posts Has That Special Something

Im surprised you havent retired yet with your lack of ability to be any good at the game.

And I'm not surprised you would make an inflammatory, baseless accusation in an effort to garner the attention that you're so obviously deprived of in the other annals of your life.

Careful using the word annals @James Libby some trigger happy person may castigate you because they don't understand what it means.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6754 posts Big Money Move

Careful using the word annals @James Libby some trigger happy person may castigate you because they don't understand what it means.

Reported for the use of castigate because I don’t understand what that means :trollface:
  • Knowlesdinho

Reported for the use of castigate because I don’t understand what that means :trollface:

It means that you have your gender neutral reproductive organs removed so that you can run a non political party with unconscious bias.
  • Azof
    15663 posts World Class

It means that you have your gender neutral reproductive organs removed so that you can run a non political party with unconscious bias.

But can you do that while being environmentally friendly
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2606 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hadn’t played in 5 months, came back and started to regret it, Rivals servers are so heavy and every game is just people spamming running fake shot, La Croqeta and 1st time 180 shooting! Roll on FIFA 20 :D
  • Joestoe
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    I hadn’t played in 5 months, came back and started to regret it, Rivals servers are so heavy and every game is just people spamming running fake shot, La Croqeta and 1st time 180 shooting! Roll on FIFA 20 :D

You think that's going to be any different? Just other overpowered things to spam mate.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2606 posts Fans' Favourite
    Joestoe wrote: »

You think that's going to be any different? Just other overpowered things to spam mate.

Oh no I knew it would still be a sh*tshow, just wanted to believe that it wouldn’t :'(
  • Joestoe
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Joestoe wrote: »

Oh no I knew it would still be a sh*tshow, just wanted to believe that it wouldn’t :'(

Let me crush that dream for you real quick mate. :trollface:
  • number7rocky
    4033 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 14
    We all need to start a FA class (Fifaholic anonymous) I'll go first "Hi I'm number7rocky and I'm a Fifaholic" 😂

"When I'm not playing fut I'm thinking about it at work" 😂 😂 😂
  • Knowlesdinho
    Azof wrote: »

But can you do that while being environmentally friendly

Only if you blame people that have been sold single use plastics for several generations for it ending up in the sea.
  • oregano
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm also much calmer, and having now much more time to do what interests me the most. The more days pass the more resistance I have to play again, especially when I watch some YT with FIFA and see again the ridiculous gameplay (tricks, fighting with own controls, delays, and people celebrating irrationally unfair goals). Literally this game makes me sick now.
  • Legend Killer
    1014 posts Professional
    I’ve been contemplating this all year to be honest... I’ve only played 150 games this year and returned after a 4 month break in May.

Fast forward to today and this game stresses me out far too much, uninstalled the game and not playing again I think; especially after giving WL a try, I don’t enjoy playing.

Deletion of club may follow soon.
  • Scutch
    9883 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m not playing it again now unless it’s against friends. I can’t deal with the gameplay and it’s causing me too much stress when no game should do that. It’s not worth it.
  • Keano
    11722 posts Has That Special Something
    Scutch wrote: »
    I’m not playing it again now unless it’s against friends. I can’t deal with the gameplay and it’s causing me too much stress when no game should do that. It’s not worth it.

Wish the rest of us could do the same mate, problem is we all know we'll be back next fifa... & that's the real issue, any other game that was this bad we'd switch it off & not come back.
  • DarthGrowler
    14147 posts Has That Special Something
    Off the wagon
  • Dutch007
    2517 posts Fans' Favourite
    The big challenge is to not buy Fifa20...don’t know if I am strong enough...
  • CovLee_Candice
    4009 posts National Call-Up
    Dutch007 wrote: »

Only if they release eric cantona
  • Knowlesdinho
    edited June 16
    Dutch007 wrote: »

Only if they release eric cantona

With this "yeah, I'm that good" celebration...

giphy.gif