One week without playing

DarthGrowler
14146 posts Has That Special Something
I am trying to retire and what I have noticed from my first fifa free week is that I am a much calmer and balanced person.

Anybody else find that a few days off changes you?

Comments

• Carswell
    7988 posts League Winner
    edited June 13
    Went to a great beach for a week with family, decided against bringing the Xbox etc.

Whole week, couldn’t wait to get home and use my new team. I was upset that I am that addicted.
  • Edu
    6407 posts Big Money Move
    I will do after tots.

I hope this is my last fifa.
  • Paawky
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    Carswell wrote: »
    Went to a great beach for a week with family, decided against bringing the Xbox etc.

Whole week, couldn’t wait to get home and use my new team. I was upset that I am that addicted.

Me as well unfortunately
  • Azof
    15660 posts World Class
    So many addicts
  • Delvinho
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    I only really play the WL. A few games here and there during the week if I’ve got spare time. I tend to grind hard until I’ve used most of my childhood hero’s then tend to care less
  • YOLOT0URE
    6887 posts Big Money Move
    It’s Fifa or love island for me. So basically the choice is Fifa or shallowness
  • Azof
    15660 posts World Class
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »

id rather go stand out in a thunderstorm with a metal pole than either of those
  • Diggy
    13397 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s Fifa or love island for me. So basically the choice is shallowness or shallowness

Fixed
  • Knowlesdinho
    9899 posts Has That Special Something

I used to respect you!
  • Knowlesdinho
    I took nearly 3 months off from this game at the beginning of the year because I was getting annoyed with it. I returned and I've really enjoyed it since. I think taking a break is definitely a good thing, the problem is the game is set up to be addictive. Everything is designed to give a dopamine hit, from the slightly stuttering pack animation (is it a walkout, is it that game changing player? etc), right through to wasting your weekend grinding for rewards that will mean nothing come September, and everything in between (trading, SBCs etc).

I've played 3 WLs this year, and only to get 1 player pick each time, I think my win rate was over 80% in the end although I'm well aware that the matchmaking has probably been more than fair to me. I qualify every week, but I don't feel the need to be a slave to the reward system that has been set up for me. On the other hand, I am a slave to the trading aspect of the game, as I find that to be the most rewarding to me personally.

In short, we are all just a money making social experiment to EA, they will spend far more money analysing our behaviour, than what they spend on the game...that is why people are addicted, it's designed that way.
  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class
    edited June 13
    I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't play for a few days.
    I enjoy it too much.
    I am trying to convince myself to not buy 20.
    So far from what I have seen, it won't be that hard to ignore it.
    Post edited by LeonidasJB on
  • YOLOT0URE
    6887 posts Big Money Move

I used to respect you!

As in you like love island? Worst program ever. We make stupid people famous.

If you think I mean I choose between the 2, my missus watches it so I go in the other room and play Fifa :lol:
  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class
    Diggy wrote: »
    It’s Fifa or love island for me. So basically the choice is shallowness or shallowness

Fixed

Makes no sense.
  • P
    7448 posts League Winner
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    I am trying to convince myself to not but 20.

Makes no sense
  • Hippyboy6
    16859 posts World Class
    I didn't pick up 19 after playing the beta, stuck with a few casual games of PES during the week. My son got FIFA on disc for xmas, I did load it up & planned on playing a few here & there but knew it would spiral again. Don't think I even got through the ranking games 😂

No chance I'm going back again, I genuinely didn't realize how much time FIFA took up, especially at weekends..... My golf has certainly improved as a result lol.
  • Nen
    4326 posts Moderator
    Bet if you open a pack it will be stacked.

They want you back :D
  • Knowlesdinho

I used to respect you!

As in you like love island? Worst program ever. We make stupid people famous.

If you think I mean I choose between the 2, my missus watches it so I go in the other room and play Fifa :lol:

Respect restored...I got it wrong, forgive me 😂
  • P
    7448 posts League Winner
    P wrote: »

Makes no sense

Oh you meant buy. My bad. If my brothers didn't play it's be so much easier for me to stop. But it's a great way to stay in contact.
  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class

Makes no sense

You're right it doesn't. 😫
  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class
    edited June 13

Makes no sense

Oh you meant buy. My bad. If my brothers didn't play it's be so much easier for me to stop. But it's a great way to stay in contact.

Yeah. I did. 😉

My main problem might be that my boy is starting to want to play it, so I may have to.
  • P
    7448 posts League Winner

Makes no sense

Yeah. I did. 😉

My main problem might be that my boy is starting to want to play it, so I may have to.

And that beats the **** out of playing WWE :joy:
  • vibemix881
    2715 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 13
    Yep, much better when not playing fifa. I mean, I don't mind the gameplay in it's current state that much, but the fact that you're playing a different game match by match because of the connection is just infuriating.

That's why this is my last year of fifa, cba with this **** anymore.
  • Otis
    3398 posts National Call-Up
    I didn’t bother to buy 19 because the gameplay has been awful for years.

Around FUT Birthday I got my mate to log me in on console to unlock the web app so I could scratch the sbc itch. I’ve enjoyed doing sbcs (I’ve packed more things over 100k in this time period then I have in the last 8 years) but I don’t miss playing one bit.

So now I think I’ll just do the same on future games and use it as a card trading game basically.
  • Glass0nion
    3900 posts National Call-Up

Makes no sense

Yeah. I did. 😉

Should be your fulltime job to convince the kid to not play....wait until he starts loading up fifa points.
  • Glass0nion
    3900 posts National Call-Up
    If FIFA is affecting you this much, it's definitely time to retire.

Im surprised you havent retired yet with your lack of ability to be any good at the game.
  • Dutch007
    2517 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 13
    Addicted too...

#deletefifa
  • Knowlesdinho
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    If FIFA is affecting you this much, it's definitely time to retire.

Im surprised you havent retired yet with your lack of ability to be any good at the game.

giphy.gif
  • Alexrb89
    3421 posts National Call-Up
    Meh. I’ve taken off from playing the game this year and often go a week without playing. I’ll play when I feel the urge to do so and when there’s something worth playing for, but with how poor the game is this year it’s really easy to step away from it.
  • tauras
    3641 posts National Call-Up
    Went a few weekends not doing wl and felt great after it no annoyance of trying to finish the 30 games. In saying that was gutted when Thursday came along and no rewards 😂 also went out and drank more them weekends so not sure which was better.