FIFA 20 Beta

Comments

• Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    People always act like the beta is for making massive changes. The main purpose for it is to find glitches, not change the way passing works or adding a feature in CM.

They want you to play and send videos of the game freezing, or a pass across field magically appearing on the wrong side. By the time the beta comes out that game is all but done. They just use you for making small checks on things they may have missed 😂🤦‍♂️

Let's be optimistic.
  • Boysie91
    8093 posts League Winner
    I do think if you are active a lot on the forum you should be guaranteed a beta.
  • Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    I do think if you are active a lot on the forum you should be guaranteed a beta.

Like I said before, that's like saying FUT Founders should receive an ICON pack in the launch of FIFA or even high pack weight for FUT Founders. EA Sports are not that generous so why would they care about active members on the forums.
  • Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's July 5th, in exactly 1 month time beta codes should be sent out at around early August
  • Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's July 22nd FIFA 20 Beta is near us in early August just a few days away
  • Recoba
    3570 posts National Call-Up
    No way FIFA 19 had a beta...
  • Ishy20
    12 posts Ball Boy
    edited July 23
    My email is [email removed] I’m happy with fifa and i always give out feedback i would be very pleased to get the beta [/email]
    Post edited by EA_Andy on
  • bberger
    5119 posts Big Money Move
    The main problem with how EA chooses their beta participants is the audience... 95% of those guys are just looking for a head start on the game mechanics and don't give a crap about reporting bugs or balancing issues..

Also doesn't help that they only invite UK users.. hardly any good performance feedback can be had on that one regarding connect ion and server issues.. they just have to look at the mess that 19 was and think about what they will have to change in their beta process to get any viable results..
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Who care about the beta version? After global release, the game will be totally different within two weeks.
  • CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    Lambo91 wrote: »

Like I said before, that's like saying FUT Founders should receive an ICON pack in the launch of FIFA or even high pack weight for FUT Founders. EA Sports are not that generous so why would they care about active members on the forums.

Because active forum members are vocal and that's what the devs need during the beta. You could be a FUT Founder and not play very much at all but at least we know that those active on the forum will give feedback because we take the time all year round to come on here to discuss the game.
  • EA_Andy
    2991 posts EA Community Manager
    CharlieC wrote: »

Because active forum members are vocal and that's what the devs need during the beta. You could be a FUT Founder and not play very much at all but at least we know that those active on the forum will give feedback because we take the time all year round to come on here to discuss the game.

Getting feedback from all sources is something we need to do.

I absolutely agree that people on the forum give great feedback, and it's what we want. But we also need to get differing feedback from difference types of players.

Getting feedback from lots of active forum players that might play weekend league for example is great, but there are also lots of players out there that are more casual and it's good to get their perspective to.
  • bberger
    edited July 24
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »

Getting feedback from all sources is something we need to do.

I absolutely agree that people on the forum give great feedback, and it's what we want. But we also need to get differing feedback from difference types of players.

Getting feedback from lots of active forum players that might play weekend league for example is great, but there are also lots of players out there that are more casual and it's good to get their perspective to.

Yet you are limiting yourselves with that "UK only" policy. I guess lag and delay was barely a problem in the beta? You see where that got you.. unenjoyable connection wise for the majority of the playerbase..

You need to re-think where you get your "differential" feedback from.
  • Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 24
    It was UK and U.S only but the only way to really test the servers in a beta is to open it world wide for everybody that qualifies within the rules so EA Sports FIFA can get a taste of what they'll expect in the full release and improve as much as they can in FIFA 20 so I agree with @bberger
  • bberger
    edited July 24
    I think the only way they can regain any trust after this 19 debacle would be an open beta tbh..

They promised so many things they'd fix that I can't possibly imagine that not at least half of them were empty promises.. sure as hell not pre-ordering 20.. might get weak if it seems playable after a few days, but I just hope I stay strong this year..
  • QuidoFrontiere
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    We all will play beta for next whole year 😉
  • Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    We all will play beta for next whole year 😉

With the continuous updates every month that'll change the gameplay and we'll have to adapt to the new gameplay every month LMAO sad but true
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy if you let a lot more players to test your product in this case Fifa20 maybe limited to Idk 50'000 for each country or so you will get a lot more detailed feedback from the future customers as before. You will also see the traffic,data and workload on the server if there is a problem you know how to handle it for the final release.

I hope at the end we will get a good Fifa like Fifa 14-16 at that moment which the WL started the game was getting worse from year to year unfortunately.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    How does the BETA work then? You randomly send out 50,000 invites out? But all 50,000 of those may be casual players? You need some sort of structure to your BETA invites so the correct type of players can test amd give the necassary feedback to improve the game before its released..

Any info on the BETA method? @EA_Andy
  • Henzz87
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    How does the BETA work then? You randomly send out 50,000 invites out? But all 50,000 of those may be casual players? You need some sort of structure to your BETA invites so the correct type of players can test amd give the necassary feedback to improve the game before its released..

@EA_Andy has already confirmed that its not an open beta but no other information has been given, so its fair to assume l it will still be the same stupid/outdated system they have used for years.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    Henzz87 wrote: »

@EA_Andy has already confirmed that its not an open beta but no other information has been given, so its fair to assume l it will still be the same stupid/outdated system they have used for years.

I know that, but thats what im questioning. It doesnt have to be an Open BETA, just one that is distributed to different kinds of gamers, casual, pro n hardcore, just like their feedback for Fifa 20 was from.. Whats the point of sending it out randomly to 60,000 people? Those 60,000 may all be casual players... They need to send it to 20,000 casuals, 20,000 pros and 20,000 hardcore gamers to get fair and accurate feedback.
  • Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA Sports FIFA do have each user's data so it would be more than fair to only send beta codes to those accounts that PLAY FIFA the most. Not just daily log-in; because people do log in every day and check then leave so it should be for those users that actually spend hours PLAYING the game, not just SBC's and market.
  • KuwHelperRTG
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I think it should be closed "registering" beta, first come first serve
    or like a lot of games if you pre order the game you get the beta
  • IamFrench
    1345 posts Professional
    I've had access to some FIFA Beta in the last few years, believe me, a beta version isn't always fun because the gameplay wasn't good on some points. The beta is very useful to correct these points.
  • KuwHelperRTG
    IamFrench wrote: »
    I've had access to some FIFA Beta in the last few years, believe me, a beta version isn't always fun because the gameplay wasn't good on some points. The beta is very useful to correct these points.

I kindly agree with you, but its always fun to try FIFA 20 in August :smile:
  • Lambo91
    1723 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 29
    It's July 29th the beta invites are almost 2 weeks away from today!!!!
  • ManzGOTIT
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Based on last year the codes went out first week August
  • KuwHelperRTG
    It's July 29th the beta invites are almost 2 weeks away from today!!!!

Probably the end of next week
  • Henzz87
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    For fifa 18 i got my beta code on the 9th of august and in 19 i got it on the 8th. They are both wednesdays so maybe the 7th this year🤔
  • Jaggy Snake
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I got the beta 2 or 3 years ago for online seasons (not FUT), but there were so few people playing you could easily search for an opponent for over an hour before getting a game. I think across the whole beta I played about 5 games - it was completly pointless.
  • KuwHelperRTG
    Henzz87 wrote: »
    For fifa 18 i got my beta code on the 9th of august and in 19 i got it on the 8th. They are both wednesdays so maybe the 7th this year🤔

Fair point!