FIFA 20 Beta

Lambo91
1733 posts Play-Off Hero
edited June 12
Make sure you check mark the permission for EA to send you emails on your EA profile settings. Beta will start at around early August.

Only U.S and UK users will be invited which makes no sense. I live in Canada so why leave us behind when we're part of North America? Just let it be North America which includes Canada and U.S. Come on EA Sports!

You're gonna be invited in one mode as usual; Ultimate Team, Volta FIFA Street, Pro Clubs, Career Mode and Kick Off.

What mode do you wana be invited to?

For me I'll pick Vola FIFA Street just to check it out early tbh. I'll have fun with Ultimate Team in the full game since the players I get in the beta won't transfer to the full game so that would be a waste of time since I know the gameplay will change every month with the updates they drop like every year.

I feel bad for those that get invited to the Kick-Off mode...the most dead mode ever lol

Comments

• Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    Recoba wrote: »
    Would you agree all the most active forum members should have access to the beta?

That's like saying every active forum member should receive an ICON in the launch of FIFA. It's just a thing that EA Sports would not do. FUT Founders should all be on the red-list but they're not so we're just gonna have to deal with their rules.
  • Latanaka
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 12
    Why not Germany? Thats ridiculous.
  • Zidane11
    217 posts Sunday League Hero
    Huh?? And Belgium?? The Tomorrowland?? 🙂🙂 Did they forget us??
  • KinggHuss
    2049 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zidane11 wrote: »
    Huh?? And Belgium?? The Tomorrowland?? 🙂🙂 Did they forget us??

dont think EA likes belgium anymore...
  • I SiR MartY I
    5503 posts Big Money Move
    Would you agree all the most active forum members should have access to the beta?

Absolutely not.
  • Verdi42
    219 posts Sunday League Hero
    If I put my profile settings on UK, could I be invited? Or do they check trough ip?
  • hooligan87
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    Beta should be open! Closed beta did not bring any results!
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Alto beta...
  • ZizioGardo
    1394 posts Professional
    The Beta is just a waste of time.. a lot of people just see the Beta as some kind of early access for the game,
    If the beta was actually done properly then we wouldn't get a broken game.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2414 posts Fans' Favourite
    ZizioGardo wrote: »
    The Beta is just a waste of time.. a lot of people just see the Beta as some kind of early access for the game,
    If the beta was actually done properly then we wouldn't get a broken game.

The last 2/3 years EA have received a very sufficient amount of feedback from closed betas and done absolutely nothing to fix long standing issues that have been in the game 5+ years..
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Lambo91 wrote: »

That's like saying every active forum member should receive an ICON in the launch of FIFA. It's just a thing that EA Sports would not do. FUT Founders should all be on the red-list but they're not so we're just gonna have to deal with their rules.

How is that even vaguely comparable?!
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero

Just to show that it's too genuine for EA to do. They don't even care about FUT founders so why would they care about active members on the forums. Get it?.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3351 posts National Call-Up

Just to show that it's too genuine for EA to do. They don't even care about FUT founders so why would they care about active members on the forums. Get it?.
    The fact you think that is a genuine comparison is astounding, fair play lad must be a riot inside your head.

• EA_Andy
    3264 posts EA Community Manager
    Just to be clear - we haven't announced any details for a potential beta for FIFA 20.

The opening line is correct though - it's worth having emails turned on just in case we do ever need to contact you about something like this.
  • CharlieC
    6688 posts Big Money Move
    I never have trouble receiving emails from the mods, so I think I'm ok.
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I never have trouble receiving emails from the mods, so I think I'm ok.

I used to receive emails from the mods but I had the check mark unchecked on my EA settings for EA to send me emails and promotions so just double check the check mark is ticked.
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 19

The fact you think that is a genuine comparison is astounding, fair play lad must be a riot inside your head.

EA giving beta codes to ACTIVE members

EA giving FUT FOUNDERS anything special

It's a pretty damn good comparison, don't know what's so hard about getting it, I may have a riot inside my head but you need to check your logic.
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Just to be clear - we haven't announced any details for a potential beta for FIFA 20.

The opening line is correct though - it's worth having emails turned on just in case we do ever need to contact you about something like this.

I'm pretty sure I got it all right though, unless you guys shock us and tell us something like an open beta or more than U.S and UK religions will get the code. If not, then I nailed it lol
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 19

It's a pretty damn good comparison, don't know what's so hard about getting it, I may have a riot inside my head but you need to check your logic.

How on earth did you manage to connect (1) beta testing invites to (2) getting a competitive advantage ingame worth 100$s of dollars of pack yield.

(1) Is a strategically sound decision to reward loyal, active community members with access over random people.
    (2) Is a pure freebie also infringing upon the competitive balance.

Our logic is fine; perhaps sort out yours.
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero

How on earth did you manage to connect (1) beta testing invites to (2) getting a competitive advantage ingame worth 100$s of dollars of pack yield.

(1) Is a strategically sound decision to reward loyal, active community members with access over random people.
    (2) Is a pure freebie also infringing upon the competitive balance.

Our logic is fine; perhaps sort out yours.

Active members on the forums and FUT Founders both go in the loyal category so they're both the same damn thing. You're telling me to sort my logic but you have none by the sound of it.
  • Fletch
    3405 posts National Call-Up
    Beta invites will yet again be sent to only casual players who are content with the game in it's current state.
  • EA_Andy
    3264 posts EA Community Manager

I'm pretty sure I got it all right though, unless you guys shock us and tell us something like an open beta or more than U.S and UK religions will get the code. If not, then I nailed it lol

Once I have the confirmed details we'll see. For now though, like I said earlier, there isn't any current beta details available.
    Fletch wrote: »
    Beta invites will yet again be sent to only casual players who are content with the game in it's current state.

And no doubt these posts will be spread around as if it's the truth, rather than the fact it's important to invite a wide range of people with differing playstyles, ability and time spent in the game to get different perspectives.
  • Retro_G
    29170 posts Player of the Year

Once I have the confirmed details we'll see. For now though, like I said earlier, there isn't any current beta details available.
    Fletch wrote: »

And no doubt these posts will be spread around as if it's the truth, rather than the fact it's important to invite a wide range of people with differing playstyles, ability and time spent in the game to get different perspectives.

They should have an open beta. It's a good way to stress test the servers, they'd have a big sample size for feedback.
  • Henzz87
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 26
    Something different with the beta might happen this year because the ultimate editions offer ends on the 5th of august where as the last two years it ended on the release date.

And i got the beta code last year on 9th of august.

Its probably nothing and i am just being optimistic.
  • Charlinho
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 27

Absolutely not.

:smile:
  • FCBlunt
    2238 posts Fans' Favourite

Could at least invite a few of the forumers like Futfnatic. He seems like a good shout for beta access.
  • Lambo91
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 28
    Henzz87 wrote: »
    Something different with the beta might happen this year because the ultimate editions offer ends on the 5th of august where as the last two years it ended on the release date.

And i got the beta code last year on 9th of august.

Its probably nothing and i am just being optimistic.

You might be on to something. I have not noticed that until you mentioned it.

Standard Edition:

9V1YhYh.png

Champions Edition:

QK4oyNY.png

Ultimate Edition:

pmfdoNf.png

Something is different going on in the Ultimate edition compared to the Standard and the Champions edition :*

Hhhmmmmmmm....

:o

The only difference I see between all of them is Ultimate Edition exclusively gets you an Untradable FIFA 20 Ones to Watch Player Pick. Everything else is the same except of course the usual Champions Edition gives you a 3 day early access and more packs compared to the Standard edition where you don't get a 3 day early access and less packs.

So the Ultimate Edition gives us an untradable Ones to Watch and we have to pre-order the Ultimate Edition before August 5th in order to get that exclusivity but then the game comes out September 27th.

Maybe after August 5th is the beta and they're trying to add a new thing to the Ultimate Edition after they test that thing out in the Beta so it's probably something new similar to a FUT Draft Token but a new mode in Ultimate Team that has a similar token mechanic like a FUT Draft so when they let the beta testers try it out; then they will offer it for the Ultimate Edition Pre-Order after August 5th.
  • Wyojasond
    11555 posts Has That Special Something
    People always act like the beta is for making massive changes. The main purpose for it is to find glitches, not change the way passing works or adding a feature in CM.

They want you to play and send videos of the game freezing, or a pass across field magically appearing on the wrong side. By the time the beta comes out that game is all but done. They just use you for making small checks on things they may have missed 😂🤦‍♂️
  • FCBlunt
    2238 posts Fans' Favourite
    People always act like the beta is for making massive changes. The main purpose for it is to find glitches, not change the way passing works or adding a feature in CM.

They want you to play and send videos of the game freezing, or a pass across field magically appearing on the wrong side. By the time the beta comes out that game is all but done. They just use you for making small checks on things they may have missed 😂🤦‍♂️

Surprise!
    That’s kinda what a beta is these days...