comet213
2340 posts Fans' Favourite
No outline and Huge space between numbers
D8t4bryWsAEsDBz.jpg
Screenshot-at-May-11-09-25-35.png

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    2421 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's embarrassing mate, something you wouldn't expect on PS2 never mind PS3 and then again the whole PS4 cycle..
  • comet213
    It's embarrassing mate, something you wouldn't expect on PS2 never mind PS3 and then again the whole PS4 cycle..

I'm afraid It will be in PS5.
  • Peanut2000
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This should be sorted but won’t be.
  • comet213
    46bOz9x.png
    Why it has been not fixed for a long time?
    Is it really technically difficult?
  • TeamExtreme17
    This should of been fixed on PS3 like it was in PES yet still exists 7 YEARS in to PS4 :D
  • Jeyj38
    1248 posts Professional
    comet213 wrote: »
    D8t4bryWsAEsDBz.jpg

EA knows how to kill realism lol.
    Even kit color are wrong. Defo not the right red...
  • TeamExtreme17
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    D8t4bryWsAEsDBz.jpg

EA knows how to kill realism lol.
    Even kit color are wrong. Defo not the right red...

Yeah the lighting is poor and cartoony :(

Poor lighting destroys graphics to me and in days of HDR this is criminal from EA..
  • Peanut2000
    Still wrong and will always be wrong
  • Designer
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Comet, I skipped 18 & 19 and can't believe it's still not fixed. This is really sad. Me and Comet I've been ranting about this since 16 ...wow!
  • Designer
    edited July 16
    EA kit designers,

Try not to look inferior to Konami kit designers and fix this. It's awful, it's been too many years with this horrible design. I know you listened and fixed those UGG boots hypervenoms and used the Mercurial template for them when I made the thread back in 2016, which is great. Now just add outlines/strokes to names on kits and close the excess space between numbers.

Thanks.
  • Designer
    EA, hope you're reading.
  • Designer
    Comet, keep bumping this thread so it's on the 1st page most of the time.
  • Tom0307
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Doesn't make them money, why would they bother
  • Designer
    They've bothered a number of times about things that don't make them money like:

- Making players wear long sleeves and gloves automatically in winter, I kept banging on that around FIFA '08 or something.

- Being able to Edit Players in Career or Tournament Modes, I proposed that in 2011 or 12 or something till it was implemented.

- Using Nike Mercurial Templates for Hypervenoms since they're practically the same size irl so the latter doesn't look like UGG or combat boots, around 17.

So yeah, they're capable of listening.
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 1
    @comet213 I don't mean to rain on your parade but... I don't see EA fixing the outline on fonts unfortunately. Hopefully they'll at least fix the number spacing, but I see it difficult too.

Anyway, do you remember when last year I complained about PES missing special letters like È, Ç, Ò and such in kit names? Well, Konami bothered to fix it this year apparently, they added special textures for those letters: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/research-_name_ex-letter-order-for-kit-makers-examples.80594/
  • comet213
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    @comet213 I don't mean to rain on your parade but... I don't see EA fixing the outline on fonts unfortunately. Hopefully they'll at least fix the number spacing, but I see it difficult too.

Anyway, do you remember when last year I complained about PES missing special letters like È, Ç, Ò and such in kit names? Well, Konami bothered to fix it this year apparently, they added special textures for those letters: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/research-_name_ex-letter-order-for-kit-makers-examples.80594/

Oh, that's good. but It seems they added number gap to some fonts.
  • Massito2727
    90 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Embarassing
  • Soundlessxd
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Retweet this, let’s make an effort to make them to fix this..
  • Soundlessxd
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special

And if someone has the beta, please mention this in the beta forum
  • Peanut2000
    They’ll never sort this out
  • Designer

And if someone has the beta, please mention this in the beta forum

Do the Beta players have any answers yet...
  • flcinusa
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Beta used old assets
  • ManzGOTIT
    2255 posts Fans' Favourite
    Regarding the kit font I think they fixed them I can’t confirm but they looked different when playing a Prem Game
  • comet213
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Regarding the kit font I think they fixed them I can’t confirm but they looked different when playing a Prem Game

Really? Where did you see that?
  • Designer

Well here's hoping. EA is a bigger dev than Konami, this should have never been a problem, yet PES' fonts on kits have always been on point albeit quite grainy-looking.
  • ManzGOTIT

Really? Where did you see that?

When I was playing Volta but don’t take my word for it, I’m most likely wrong but we will see
  • ManzGOTIT
    I think I am just wrong on this one. I saw trents number looking really good and close but salahs looks off as I saw on Bateson videos
  • comet213
    I think I am just wrong on this one. I saw trents number looking really good and close but salahs looks off as I saw on Bateson videos

😭
  • Thefranchise92
    3736 posts National Call-Up
    D8t4bryWsAEsDBz.jpg

How often are you seeing this?
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited September 2
    This won't be fixed until they make the kit names, numbers & fonts seperate from the shirt texture, like they did for sleeve badges last year, which i thought was a sign it would be fixed this year. It's completely unacceptable and embarrassing to have this issue still in the game, it should of been fixed by Fifa 13 on PS3! Yet we are going to go to PS5 consoles next year with the same issue!? Sort it out @EA_Andy and have some pride in your work for the love of God..

Don't even get me started on Edit/Create Player mode..