OT: eFootball PES 2020 (September 10th)

Grown93
3446 posts National Call-Up
edited June 11
About

PES 2020 ushers in a new decade of industry-leading football simulation with a bold promise to revolutionize eFootball and introduce the sport to a global audience. The PES series continues its dedicated pursuit of realism, taking consideration of fan feedback to bring several impactful changes that instills every moment of play with a sense of complete freedom and control. Key changes include a remastered version of Master League, a brand-new mode called Matchday and a completely overhauled visual identity for in-game menus.

Enlisting the expertise of legendary midfielder Andrés Iniesta has shaped the latest installment with a renewed focus on immersion and authenticity, translating his innate ability to read the space around him and slip through the tiniest cracks of an otherwise impregnable defensive line into a new dynamic dribbling technique; the Finesse Dribble.

Renowned as one of football’s most entertaining players, Ronaldinho’s unique style of football is also coming to PES 2020, featuring animation sets that allow players to move like the man himself, using unparalleled technical flair and fluid movement to beat defenders, together with showboat first-touch techniques such as chest and back control.

Master League Remastered

Huge changes are coming to fan-favorite mode Master League, headlined by a powerful new interactive dialogue system that puts the reins firmly in players hands when it comes to controlling story progression. This enables players to choose responses that suit their personality to drive progression and create their own personal Master League story.

The transfer market in PES 2020 will also feature a brand-new algorithm ensuring that transfers, transfer fees, salaries and other elements are in close alignment with reality.

Further additions include:

Create and customize sponsor logos that will be displayed on the media backdrop during interviews and on the Master League main menu screen
Customize manager models with a greater level of freedom thanks to high-performance 3D scanning technology to capture images of individuals of varying body shapes and sizes
Or play through Master League using one of several legendary managers as your avatar, including Zico, Cruyff and Maradona
Brand-New Mode: Matchday

In a brand-new mode for PES 2020, Matchday distills the essence of football culture into a competitive format that lifts players out of the spectator stands and puts them onto the pitch. Align yourself with one of two different sides at the start of each weekly event, where every perfectly placed pass and show-stopping goal unleashed contributes points towards victory.

Stand alongside PES newcomers and seasoned veterans alike as you work together to build an advantage for your side ahead of the Grand Final. As each weekly event enters its final phase, the results from all Group Matches played are analysed to find the best performing user from each side. These users are selected as Representatives, earning the right to compete in the Grand Final on behalf of their chosen side – fully viewable via a livestream feed in Matchday mode.

Additional Game Features

Beyond Master League and Matchday, numerous significant changes have been made to PES 2020 as a direct result of fan feedback. This includes upgraded trapping mechanics and new techniques; context-sensitive kick accuracy; more realistic defense and the addition of the intentional foul; an adaptive player interaction system that recreates player personalities on the pitch; and much more.

The beautiful game has never looked better this year, with PES 2020 introducing an enhanced lighting engine, improved player models, realistic cutscenes and replay footage, plus a completely new preset camera angle that offers a compelling broadcast feel.

Covers:

Normal edition:

eFootball-PES-2020_2019_06-11-19_038.jpg

Legend:
eFootball-PES-2020_2019_06-11-19_039.jpg

Comments

• Scutch
    11156 posts Has That Special Something
    La Croqueta.

I’m out.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Without licenses out of the box, PES will never be a serious competitor to FIFA. I haven't bought PES in 10 years because I want to use real teams and players.
  • Grown93
    Without licenses out of the box, PES will never be a serious competitor to FIFA. I haven't bought PES in 10 years because I want to use real teams and players.

Players are real :D

• Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Looking forward to it, Master League is by far the best mode they have so it's good to see they're expanding on it further.
  • Shaanxz
    20501 posts Club Captain
    Can’t believe they’ve wasteful 3 years on minuscule master league changes. Still lacks depth compared to career mode with no regens
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Grown93 wrote: »

Ha, fair enough. All of them? Last time I played it I swear they weren't.
  • Grown93
    Grown93 wrote: »

Ha, fair enough. All of them? Last time I played it I swear they weren't.

Yes. Even the leagues without licenses, the player names is real.
  • Azof
    16631 posts World Class
    Will be s typical konami game with the worst ui you can imagine
  • Crossland
    7882 posts League Winner
    Sounds great until you remember it's PES !!
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    It's sad but the biggest selling point for PES is that it always comes out a couple of weeks before the new FIFA. It's nice to jump into a new football game after the season starts.
  • ccooaattssyy
    7848 posts League Winner
    I’ve realised that PES is basically the Labour Party under Corbyn.

Regardless of how bad the conservatives (FIFA) look, they still never inspire confidence.

• Keano
    13427 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    It's sad but the biggest selling point for PES is that it always comes out a couple of weeks before the new FIFA. It's nice to jump into a new football game after the season starts.

I'e argue that David Beckham is a bigger seller... still not enough for me to buy it though, don't have time to play 2 different football games, rather just go all out on one.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    It's PES. 😴😴
  • Hibee
    12066 posts Has That Special Something
    Loads of FIFA snobs judge this game without even trying it. I got right into it a cpl of years ago and found the game play far superior to FIFA. It was let down for me with lastability - the myclub mode is no where near FUT yet. A shame as I would love to just buy this and not have to give EA any money.
  • Joestoe
    4978 posts Big Money Move
    “The PES series continues its dedicated pursuit of realism, taking consideration of fan feedback to bring several impactful changes that instills every moment of play with a sense of complete freedom and control.”

That’s basically the opposite of fifa.
  • Retro_G
    29268 posts Player of the Year
    edited June 12
    You can't tell much from that trailer video, but watched the live gameplay stream last night, the finnese dribbling on the RS looks fantastic. The way players retain possession of the ball is years ahead of Fifa, you don't get steam rolled from behind when you've your back to the defender. The passing looks fluid and responsive as per usual. Judging by the live stream, it looks like they're onto a winner from a gameplay aspect.

It's all the bells, whistles that really hurt PES. The licences aren't that big of an issue for me, you can download all the real kits, badges. The outdated menu system needs a complete overhaul, it's embarrassing. The my club mode is years behind FUT, there isn't enough longevity. The lack of dedicated servers in 2019 is the biggest issue with the game, until they address these three problems PES will not be worth full retail.

I imagine they spend the majority of their allocated development budget on licenses, when that money would be better spent investing in dedicated servers.
  • Hibee
    12066 posts Has That Special Something
    Campino wrote: »
    The mentality from Most on here is exactly why EA won’t change. Write games off before you even give them an opportunity

Ridiculous

Yup. A lot of people have a strange loyalty to FIFA, even thought they hate it! Its like Stockholm Syndrome.
  • Dr_Greenthumb
    782 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 12
    The mentality from Most on here is exactly why EA won’t change. Write games off before you even give them an opportunity

Ridiculous

Agree. Well I am defo done with Fifa altogether after this year & since January have only played roughly 10 games of Fifa to date. I have hopped over to PES since January & have since revived my joy in online gaming again with PES. Licensing doesn't faze me 1 bit whatsoever. Fifa has become a **** wrapped in Xmas paper, bows & glitter....
  • Shaanxz
    20501 posts Club Captain
    You say that but fifa players are more likely to give pes a chance, opposed to pes players giving fifa a chances
  • Retro_G
    edited June 12

Ridiculous

I'll continue to write PES off, until they get dedicated servers. Anyone who is good at PES will tell you the same, the game is unplayable at the top level online due to lag cheating.
  • Campino
    27167 posts Player of the Year
    Retro_G wrote: »

Ridiculous

I'll continue to write PES off, until they get dedicated servers. Anyone who is good at PES will tell you the same, the game is unplayable at the top level online due to lag cheating.

So is fifa to a degree, maybe not as bad but how is one sided delay any different?
  • Retro_G
    edited June 12

Ridiculous

So is fifa to a degree, maybe not as bad but how is one sided delay any different?

You can't void cheat your way out of a loss on Fifa, like you can on PES. The majority of top 100 players on PES are all cheating bellends who download torrents when they're getting beat and lag the match out.
  • EddieFicio
    21762 posts Club Captain
    Doesnt really look appealing to me.

Maybe theyll be better next gen
  • Addicksfan
    3293 posts National Call-Up
    I tried PES 19 for the first time in years.

There were elements I liked to the game, the various tourneys and cups, the fact you could sim games, the player growth system in MyClub, how easy and quick it was to get a very good team without having to spend an extra penny on the game.

The actual game play was OK when you could get a game but the AI in the early stages of the game was just awful, it would only run down the flank and cross...

But for me it just does not have the continual content and licenses that Fifa has and the fact you can't download any databases that fix the kit and team names adds to an underwhelming experience.

If PES caught up in terms of licensing and provided some regular content outside of TOTW then yeah I'd put more time into it.
  • Campino
    27167 posts Player of the Year

Ridiculous

You can't void cheat your way out of a loss on Fifa, like you can on PES. The majority of top 100 players on PES are all cheating bellends who download torrents when they're getting beat and lag the match out.

Same as everytime someone scores first in a online singles match for an objective then
  • Grown93
    Gameplay:

and a youtuber (PES player) doing a gameplay breakdown and analyzing:

• Retro_G

Ridiculous

Same as everytime someone scores first in a online singles match for an objective then

No it's not the same, you will be winning, they will lag the game out, you don't get the win. The game doesn't count.
  • UM4R
    3942 posts Moderator
    edited June 13
    park ji sung, batistuta, becks , totti, iniesta

PES have got the real icons :love:
  • Retro_G wrote: »

Ridiculous

No it's not the same, you will be winning, they will lag the game out, you don't get the win. The game doesn't count.

How is that different from what's happening in Fifa? I have been winning games in fifa that was glitched to not be counted or given the win either, even drawing games weren't counted when they glitched it just before the match ended as well. Get "dnf" or kicked to main menu in Fifa & not any of the other games including PES, in my personal experience.

Don't be blinded by your bias. Fifa is a mess for a few years now & most of the threads are complaints on this forum. Sbcs incorrectly inputted only to be removed without notice, servers going down ever so often, game patches that breaks the game further in other areas, etc etc. YES PES is no competition for FIFA but in PES if the is an update or patch or anything involving the online gaming experience, we get ever so often compensation in gamer points & IMO apart from the UI & licensing in PES, it is overall better game play & simulator of football than this arcade mess Fifa has become & is as well as being more rewarding in terms of time invested without putting any cash into it apart from the purchasing of the game itself.

TL.DR:
    I am not saying PES is better or worse BUT stop being bias to FIFAs ineptitude of recognizing the issues the customers have year in & year out with the unfinished product they keep releasing which has to be patched numerous times a year only to make it worse after each update.