FIFA Manager

frankibo
31 posts Last Pick at the Park
Did any one ever play the FIFA Manager series?
It was discontinued in 2014 but it was a decent football management sim, not as good as football manager/championship manager but it was still pretty detailed.
All EA need to do to make a good career mode for Fifa 20 is basically port FIFA Manager 14 across. Update, polish, change and add a few bits and obviously let us play the games (unless you prefer simulating and watching... which is what those games were designed for so bring that back) and you'll have an infinitely better career mode without too much effort. And EA already own the IP for the game I assume so don't see why it wouldn't be easy to utilise it.

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    1711 posts Play-Off Hero
    frankibo wrote: »
    Did any one ever play the FIFA Manager series?
    It was discontinued in 2014 but it was a decent football management sim, not as good as football manager/championship manager but it was still pretty detailed.
    All EA need to do to make a good career mode for Fifa 20 is basically port FIFA Manager 14 across. Update, polish, change and add a few bits and obviously let us play the games (unless you prefer simulating and watching... which is what those games were designed for so bring that back) and you'll have an infinitely better career mode without too much effort. And EA already own the IP for the game I assume so don't see why it wouldn't be easy to utilise it.

Agreed, absolute lazyness they havent added AT LEAST 50% of the elements from that game in to Career Mode.. All they would have to do is port them!! It even had a Stadium Creator!!
  • frankibo
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Was speaking to a mate last night about the difference in detail level between fm and fifa CM and it is actual unbelievable when you break it down. I would say fifa has maybe 1% of the football world building detail that fifa has. Things that may not even matter on the day to day but can influence things at certain points - for example every player has set languages they can speak, personality traits, favoured clubs, favoured people, thoughts on other squad members, thoughts on training, thoughts on squad performance etc. Fifa CM is bare basics at best.
  • TeamExtreme17
    1711 posts Play-Off Hero
    frankibo wrote: »
    Was speaking to a mate last night about the difference in detail level between fm and fifa CM and it is actual unbelievable when you break it down. I would say fifa has maybe 1% of the football world building detail that fifa has. Things that may not even matter on the day to day but can influence things at certain points - for example every player has set languages they can speak, personality traits, favoured clubs, favoured people, thoughts on other squad members, thoughts on training, thoughts on squad performance etc. Fifa CM is bare basics at best.

And best yet, its full game code is about 2GB isnt it?