199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Just looking to upgrade

Comments

• Dudemaster_c1
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    Crespo >
  • Robbo_86
    😂😂 I’m gonna have to try him, is his passing a problem though?
  • Diggy
    13531 posts Has That Special Something
    Crespo >

No
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2111 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used him as rcam for the Spanish objective.

He’s ok, did fine in the games. Nothing special though. Passing is fine, like everything else about him is good but not outstanding
  • Jaggy Snake
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 11
    I like Raul a lot - played over 600 games with him. He helps me get the best out of Butragueno & links well with midfield. However, as above, he's a good all-rounder but not outstanding at any particular aspect.

It kind of depends on who else is in your team but don't expect anything absolutely game-changing.
    Post edited by Jaggy Snake on
  • Robbo_86
    I play with OTW Mahrez, SIF Anderson an HL Rashford but Rashford doesn’t seem to work for me, he is good but wasn’t what I was expecting
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4827 posts Big Money Move
    Crespo >

The obsession this board and the the fut community im general have with crespo is something I will never understand. He is a good fut striker nothing more. I mean yes, in his prime he had a exotic handsomeness about him. But the obsession is strange.
  • DanValletta
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crespo >

The obsession this board and the the fut community im general have with crespo is something I will never understand. He is a good fut striker nothing more. I mean yes, in his prime he had a exotic handsomeness about him. But the obsession is strange.

I haven't used him this year as there has always been someone else to try but in 18 he was godly for me. I didn't use anyone that I thought was better.
  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Raul > Crespo 100%

But the game has moved past him now in terms of value for coins. Lots of better options.

He’s a great finisher doesn’t seem to know what he is, he doesn’t know if he’s a run in behind type, hold up type or playmaker. He does them all OK, none of them exceptionally
  • Quicks89
    50 posts Park Captain
    For me Raul has a better goal to game ration than PIM Cruyff and prime Eusebio and they all play striker in two different teams. He’s strong, quick, good in the air and his finishing is incredible, favourite striker this year.
  • Robbo_86
    I like my ST to be a bit of an all rounder especially having my LF an RF getting in behind so much.
    What chem you got on him?
  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    When I had mine I preferred engine on him.

The pace, balance, dribbling and availing did make him feel noticeably more mobile
  • Robbo_86
    Cheers bro
  • Diggy
    edited June 11
    Quicks89 wrote: »
    For me Raul has a better goal to game ration than PIM Cruyff and prime Eusebio and they all play striker in two different teams. He’s strong, quick, good in the air and his finishing is incredible, favourite striker this year.

This I’ve tried to drop him u just can’t

Like others have said he’s jack of all trades master of none

He does everything well & will be staying in my team with 95 Cruyff & 93 Eusebio at his side until the end
  • Diggy
    Robbo_86 wrote: »
    I like my ST to be a bit of an all rounder especially having my LF an RF getting in behind so much.
    What chem you got on him?

I used engine until I had more mobile attackers around him now I use hawk
  • Robbo_86
    Definitely gonna try him then, I’ll have to wait for my rewards an hopefully not have my pants pulled down by EA
  • OZero
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    He was my main striker for 5 months and now relegated to fitness team. That said, he is an incredible finisher. The jack of all trade with master of none comment is correct. You do need to be great at some fundamental skills as well as skill moves to create chances. He would be deadly if you are a good player.
  • Robbo_86
    I can do your basic skills etc La Croc, heel to heel, fake shot but I do struggle timing the fake shot when receiving a pass an it ends up shooting a tame shot but when I do get it right it unlocks loads of space. I get in loads of good areas out wide but have no one who can head a ball in the middle so Raul sounds perfect cause he can shot, pass an bring my other players in to play whilst been good in the air
  • torakun
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    He's too slow with the current tots crop of cb and lb RB.

I pretty much shut him down on 2 occasion this WL too easily.
  • Robbo_86
    Do you reckon I should stick with HL Rashford then?
  • torakun
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    What's your budget
  • Robbo_86
    If I sell a couple of players an with my rewards this week I should have around 850-900k
  • torakun
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    For that budget... Butra for sure. Get the prime if you can.
  • Robbo_86
    Got some deliberating to do then 😂
  • SharpEnds
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Raul is great, good in the air, low driven shots deadly, but I did prime Butra too and he is much more fun to play with. I can't play with Raul at cam and I have TOTS Aguero, so he doesn't even make the bench now.
  • Dudemaster_c1
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    Crespo >

He just suits my play style mate more clinical than any other striker I’ve tried, Raul was good but wasn’t that impressed