4-2-3-1 wide, any good?

Robbo_86
199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I currently play 4-3-2-1 with left an right forwards, just looking for a change but not too drastic.

Comments

  • RayS
    25096 posts Player of the Year
    I like it. but it works best if you cross a good bit. you'll notice your wide players really hugging the sidelines.
  • Robbo_86
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’d need a ST with good aerial ability then, wouldn’t I?
  • RayS
    25096 posts Player of the Year
    edited June 10
    Robbo_86 wrote: »
    I’d need a ST with good aerial ability then, wouldn’t I?

    Very much so. I strongly recommend to have your CAM as a target type player too. I have CR7 and TOTS Zlatan at ST and CAM respectively, and they both get onto a lot of crosses.
  • Empyrium7
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    it's my main formation since the start of FIFA 19
    you need a good ST in the air and hold the ball. good passing is a plus.

    always start your attacks from the sides, and only transition to the middle when the opponent over commit to a side.

    you need to be patient and don't rush your attack. have your LM and RM to cut inside.

  • Robbo_86
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have HL Rashford an CL KDB so think I’d need a change lol!
  • RayS
    25096 posts Player of the Year
    Robbo_86 wrote: »
    I have HL Rashford an CL KDB so think I’d need a change lol!

    Europa Giroud and Pogba would be a nice combo tbh. If u can deal with Girouds lack of pace
  • Robbo_86
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    it's my main formation since the start of FIFA 19
    you need a good ST in the air and hold the ball. good passing is a plus.

    always start your attacks from the sides, and only transition to the middle when the opponent over commit to a side.

    you need to be patient and don't rush your attack. have your LM and RM to cut inside.

    Would that work with the 4-3-2-1 formation too?
  • Robbo_86
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Europa Giroud and Pogba would be a nice combo tbh. If u can deal with Girouds lack of pace

    If I sold them both I’d have around 850k?
  • RayS
    25096 posts Player of the Year
    Robbo_86 wrote: »
    Europa Giroud and Pogba would be a nice combo tbh. If u can deal with Girouds lack of pace

    If I sold them both I’d have around 850k?

    Giroud is peanuts (like 30k) so you definitely could get him (and if you don't like him, you wouldn't lose much if any in selling him back).

    HL Pogba is like 1.2 mil, so you probably can't get him. 91 TIF Pogba is only 650-700k though, so you could definitely get them both.
  • Empyrium7
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't think it will work with 4-3-2-1
    having a RB and RM and an LB an LM will widen up your play. you need to stretch your opponent to open up spaces in the middle, or to send a cross after over committing from opponent.

    4-3-2-1 is a bit narrow and won't stretch your opponent
  • RayS
    25096 posts Player of the Year
    RayS wrote: »
    Robbo_86 wrote: »
    Europa Giroud and Pogba would be a nice combo tbh. If u can deal with Girouds lack of pace

    If I sold them both I’d have around 850k?

    Giroud is peanuts (like 30k) so you definitely could get him (and if you don't like him, you wouldn't lose much if any in selling him back).

    HL Pogba is like 1.2 mil, so you probably can't get him. 91 TIF Pogba is only 650-700k though, so you could definitely get them both.

    A few other Prem target man options:
    -SIF Arnautovic
    -SIF Lukaku
    -Hero Llorente
    -Hero Mounie
  • Robbo_86
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cheers Empyrium7 👍🏻
  • Robbo_86
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cheers Ray
  • bberger
    5108 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 10
    If you have TOTS McGeady that McGeady-Collins combo is also pretty deadly.

    Currently playing my EFL side for the spanish assist objective (Pablo Hernandez on RM) with TOTS Abraham up top and LM McGeady + CAM Collins. Starting in a 442 for chem.

    TOTS McGinn is another hidden gem too. Stil my go-to CM/CDM Sub in my WL side..

    Unstoppable in the air.
  • RayS
    25096 posts Player of the Year
    bberger wrote: »
    If you have TOTS McGeady that McGeady-Collins combo is also pretty deadly.

    Currently playing my EFL side for the spanish assist objective (Pablo Hernandez on RM) with TOTS Abraham up top and LM McGeady + CAM Collins. Starting in a 442 for chem.

    TOTS McGinn is another hidden gem too. Stil my go-to CM/CDM Sub in my WL side..

    Unstoppable in the air.

    I can second that TOTS/POTY Collins is great as a target striker. He's got really good pace too for a target man
  • Robbo_86
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have...
    SIF Dea Gea
    TOTS Digne
    TOTS Laporte
    SIF VVD
    TOTS TAA
    TOTS Gini
    TOTS Rice
    CL KDB
    OTW Mahrez
    HL Rashford
    SIF Anderson

    So would prefer Prem or Icon?
Sign In or Register to comment.