The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Project Scarlett, Next gen Xbox. Coming 2020

SimenHP
2091 posts Fans' Favourite
So apparently it will be 4x more powerful than Xbox one X and play games in 8k or up to 120 fps (most likely in 1080p) with NO LOADING TIME in the game or when starting up games.

Anyone hyped?

And do you think EA will let you play Fifa 21 in 120 fps? For me 4k or 8k is not a must, but being able to play Fifa in 120 fps would make the game feel so much better.

They also said in the trailer, it's not just pc, it's not just console and it's not just mobile, it's all of them above. I hope this means you will be able to play the games on your phone and pc when you want to, that would help alot and we could finally get rid of the companion app (and web app), which is almost unusable.

Comments

• Grown93
    3870 posts National Call-Up
    8k indies must be great eh :trollface:

Idc about resolutions. Just give 60 frames in any game. Its time to move on from the 30 and stop put resolutions above frame rate.
  • Moiizer
    8088 posts League Winner
    Good spec to start off with. Im intrigued to see Sonys info on the PS5 as and when thats released officially.

• Keano
    15123 posts World Class
    All sounds good, aslong as the engines are not frostbite & are good enough that gameplay isn't **** then it'll be fine. As long as EA don't update their servers, it doesn't matter about the fps, how powerful it is etc... because the gameplay when push comes to shove during peak times/WL, promotions etc will still be awful.
  • SimenHP
    Keano wrote: »
    All sounds good, aslong as the engines are not frostbite & are good enough that gameplay isn't **** then it'll be fine. As long as EA don't update their servers, it doesn't matter about the fps, how powerful it is etc... because the gameplay when push comes to shove during peak times/WL, promotions etc will still be awful.

That is what I am afraid of. Will EA update their game engine or will they do the same thing as every year and use Frostbite again and create new gimmicks instead of fixing problems that needs to be fixed.

I understand why they create Volta, because ALOT of people have been asking about a new Fifa street in the last 5 years, but when they make game modes like Journey which no one asked for and they kept doing it for 3? years instead of fixing issues in the game, you really start to wonder if EA will ever learn?
  • Grown93
    I doubt the problem is only related to the Engine. If the devs do their work, probably the game come out in decent state.
  • mellow_yellow
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    any indication of pricing yet?
  • Diggy
    14079 posts Has That Special Something
    I only bought my X 6 months ago :#
  • Azof
    17407 posts World Class
    Diggy wrote: »
    I only bought my X 6 months ago :#

all of your games will be compatible and I imagine your controllers and stuff will work

It isn't going to be as powerful as people think, they were misleading by saying 8k followed by 120 FPS, seen so many people online since the announcement claiming this was what it was going to be targeting
  • BrentfordFC
    13010 posts Has That Special Something
    The question is who is going to buy it and how much will it be.

Doesn’t help that Sony are saying one thing about a new console. It puts pressure over to ms to release something too.
  • Grown93
    Sony just need to show a couple new exclusive games and job done. Even if they only out 3 years later :D
  • Sercs
    18752 posts World Class
    It’ll prob be 120 on 1080 or 4K and 30/60 at 8K

Fifa is already 60 FPS and 4K on the current X
  • Azof
    17407 posts World Class
    Sercs wrote: »
    It’ll prob be 120 on 1080 or 4K and 30/60 at 8K

Fifa is already 60 FPS and 4K on the current X

It will be 8k playback for the likes of media no way on earth its 8k rendering of games
  • Carlos181
    3995 posts National Call-Up
    It’s going to be pricey, and my sorry ❤️❤️❤️❤️ will probably buy it.
  • Campino
    28024 posts Player of the Year
    I’ll buy it, I don’t care how much either

I still have my Day one Xbox one
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23139 posts Club Captain
    Campino wrote: »
    I’ll buy it, I don’t care how much either

I still have my Day one Xbox one

Let me know how fifa looks on it :love:
  • ccooaattssyy
    9669 posts League Winner
    I barely play games these days, so I might not buy it.
  • Davisto
    6356 posts Big Money Move
    Would rather have 1080 120 fps than 8k 30fps :joy:
  • Azof
    17407 posts World Class

Did you ever buy a PS4 @ccooaattssyy
  • ccooaattssyy
    9669 posts League Winner
    Azof wrote: »

Yeah enjoyed a few games on there tbf
  • Azof
    17407 posts World Class

Yeah enjoyed a few games on there tbf

ive so many games to play on it but just a hassle
    Davisto wrote: »
    Would rather have 1080 120 fps than 8k 30fps :joy:

You wont have to worry about that cause it aint happening
  • SimenHP
    I wish story based games like RDR2 and the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 would be playable in 8k 30 fps, but I can't see that happening unless the console will be $1000 or more, because the technology is still very expensive and if you want to play a game like that on pc in 8k (even on low), your looking at a minimum $2000 computer.

But I hope that seeing as they talk about 8k, that it will be the first 8k Bluray player
  • HBG-unit
    971 posts Professional
    Is there a monitor on the marker reasonably priced at the moment that could handle scarlets spec??
  • SimenHP
    HBG-unit wrote: »
    Is there a monitor on the marker reasonably priced at the moment that could handle scarlets spec??

Samsungs flagship tv from 2018 is 8k, the cheapest price for it in my country is $3 237 and it's a 65" the 2019 version is $5 780
  • HBG-unit
    971 posts Professional
    SimenHP wrote: »
    HBG-unit wrote: »

Samsungs flagship tv from 2018 is 8k, the cheapest price for it in my country is $3 237 and it's a 65" the 2019 version is $5 780

Hahaha absolutely unreal prices. I'm talking about 4k monitors ranging from £200 to £400
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17267 posts World Class
    8k will likely just be for video not games
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23139 posts Club Captain
    In no rush for an incremental upgrade.
  • Azof
    17407 posts World Class
    In no rush for an incremental upgrade.

whadumean its gonna be 120fps at 8k m9 for only 500 dollars :trollface:
  • MaddMike3711
    10995 posts Has That Special Something
    I heard though that all games will still work on both consoles, so there’s no real need to upgrade at first. Is that true?
  • Azof
    17407 posts World Class
    I heard though that all games will still work on both consoles, so there’s no real need to upgrade at first. Is that true?

They said your gamepass games were going to run/look best on it, cant remember exact phrasing so yes its more a hardware refresh than new platform
  • MaddMike3711
    10995 posts Has That Special Something

They said your gamepass games were going to run/look best on it, cant remember exact phrasing so yes its more a hardware refresh than new platform
    Perfect, thanks for the clarification buddy!
    Yeah then I will probably wait a while, I still use a 1080p TV because I’m a peasant. :D