Player lock fix for fifa20

TheArchitect
941 posts Professional
Can you fix the player lock on lose ball situations. It hasn't been fixed in fifa19 in over 9 months.

The player lock when a ball is out of range for the locked player and we can't switch to another player who is closer to the ball.

I'm not up to date with fifa20 posts, so I don't know if there is a thread about this issue.

Comments

  • kurbalija
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    you are imagining things...
  • Verdi42
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nope, I’ve seen it too. Very annoying. Happens mostly on high balls after a deflection.
  • CharlieC
    5911 posts Big Money Move
    Players selection is the worst I've ever known it, no idea what they did to it but its broken beyond belief. It was fine last year.
  • Sami
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Player switching gets worse every year regardless if you use stick or Lb.
  • GoonerSoldier
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's not just a problem with loose balls. As a manual player, this year has been the worst in passing. Mainly because when you pass to a player close to you, sometimes it locks into a player further away to the ball who tries to run to the ball. This is a signal of a game that relies heavily on Automation and less on player input.
  • Joestoe
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    kurbalija wrote: »
    you are imagining things...

    Happens every game for me mate. A loose ball somewhere on the pitch with two of my players near, but the game decides to lock it to my CB who runs completely out of position and meanwhile, the other two players are just standing there.

    It's the worst.
  • Verdi42
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's not just a problem with loose balls. As a manual player, this year has been the worst in passing. Mainly because when you pass to a player close to you, sometimes it locks into a player further away to the ball who tries to run to the ball. This is a signal of a game that relies heavily on Automation and less on player input.

    Yes. This. So annoying.
  • CharlieC
    5911 posts Big Money Move
    Joestoe wrote: »
    kurbalija wrote: »
    you are imagining things...

    Happens every game for me mate. A loose ball somewhere on the pitch with two of my players near, but the game decides to lock it to my CB who runs completely out of position and meanwhile, the other two players are just standing there.

    It's the worst.

    Yeah me too. Didn't happen last year. Not sure why its suddenly appeared as a bug but they haven't been able to fix it for some reason.
  • Henzz87
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    This has been an issue since fifa 18 and i am pretty sure they addressed this in the one of the last two pitch notes.
  • CharlieC
    5911 posts Big Money Move
    Henzz87 wrote: »
    This has been an issue since fifa 18 and i am pretty sure they addressed this in the one of the last two pitch notes.

    Wasn't as bad last year. Switching wasn't great but you didn't get this thing where it wouldn't let you switch to the nearest player, it was just a bit random.
  • eladlad
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's not just a problem with loose balls. As a manual player, this year has been the worst in passing. Mainly because when you pass to a player close to you, sometimes it locks into a player further away to the ball who tries to run to the ball. This is a signal of a game that relies heavily on Automation and less on player input.

    +1
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    kurbalija wrote: »
    you are imagining things...

    you must not have played this game at all
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    Henzz87 wrote: »
    This has been an issue since fifa 18 and i am pretty sure they addressed this in the one of the last two pitch notes.

    but hasent been fixed at all. And last pitch notes. this should be adressed in the first week. it destroys the gameplay. you have zero control over your players at that point
  • Joestoe
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Joestoe wrote: »
    kurbalija wrote: »
    you are imagining things...

    Happens every game for me mate. A loose ball somewhere on the pitch with two of my players near, but the game decides to lock it to my CB who runs completely out of position and meanwhile, the other two players are just standing there.

    It's the worst.

    Yeah me too. Didn't happen last year. Not sure why its suddenly appeared as a bug but they haven't been able to fix it for some reason.

    They haven't bothered to fix it.
Sign In or Register to comment.