First YouTuber Says He's Quitting If They Change Skill Moves

AFC_95
8828 posts League Winner
edited June 9
The first pro has said he'll whit if they make skill moves more realistic lmao.

Post edited by AFC_95 on

Comments

• Richie827
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    First Pro...Pro of doing what?
    Football is way beyond 'skill moves'.Some combos in the game aren't used by real PROs.They ain't practical in real life.
  • Sami
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He’s not a pro and good riddance. Can Krasi, Nepenthez, Bateson and Ovvy follow. It would be a splendid e3 if that happens.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Sami wrote: »
    He’s not a pro and good riddance. Can Krasi, Nepenthez, Bateson and Ovvy follow. It would be a splendid e3 if that happens.

Neppo blocked me on twitter because I said Arsenal's defence is banterous lmao. I'm a gooner.
  • Gingerbread
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why would you remove skills moves make no sense? Spamming them sure in quick succession.
  • SPN1987
    2042 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's not a pro but a content creator! People spamming skillmoves for the sake of it aren't even close to being good enough to be a pro.

P.S. You are not a skiller when spamming El Tornado crosses and chaining La Croquetta's.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    He's not a pro but a content creator! People spamming skillmoves for the sake of it aren't even close to being good enough to be a pro.

P.S. You are not a skiller when spamming El Tornado crosses and chaining La Croquetta's.

Well Tekkz is the best "pro" out there and all he does is abuse broken mechanics.
  • SPN1987
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Well Tekkz is the best "pro" out there and all he does is abuse broken mechanics.

He doesn't need them once they are properly fixed. It's just the game forcing him to do so, to win as many games as he possibly can.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

He doesn't need them once they are properly fixed. It's just the game forcing him to do so, to win as many games as he possibly can.

I disagree. In general, not Tekkz specifically, the pros wouldn't like a realistic game. Tass said clubs would be too slow paced if it as XI Vs XI lmao.
  • SPN1987

I disagree. In general, not Tekkz specifically, the pros wouldn't like a realistic game. Tass said clubs would be too slow paced if it as XI Vs XI lmao.

Believe me if FIFA becomes too realistic, it would be the most boring, frustrating game you probably have ever played.
  • Shaanxz
    20288 posts Club Captain
    You do realise he’s a YouTuber and made his channel from skill montages from fifa 11/12
  • TeamExtreme17
    2248 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    You do realise he’s a YouTuber and made his channel from skill montages from fifa 11/12

Well now he can make VOLTA Skill Move montages :)
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Believe me if FIFA becomes too realistic, it would be the most boring, frustrating game you probably have ever played.

It needs to be balanced. And right now it's not realistic at all. People who want to play real football are punished.
  • Verdi42
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 9
    A few years back forums where still invited to, in my case, Amsterdam somewhere in July or August to test the new game. Being admin on the biggest Dutch/Belgian forum, I went there three times. Two times I picked this guy up halfway, we have a friend in common who was coming as well. He’s a very nice, modest and friendly guy, but I don’t think he’s a pro. He teaches people how to do skill moves on his YouTube channel, and EA invite him to Canada every year to play the game for a week right before it comes out, profiting from the promotion they gain trough his channel. At least that’s how it was when I last saw him.

Anyway, makes sense that he’s concerned about skill moves, that’s his core business.

Personally, I prefer the game to be as realistic as possible.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9962 posts Has That Special Something
    EA_Andy wrote: »

He's not talking about moving the skills away from the right stick, he's on about the skills being more likely to fail the more you do in a row.

The people saying "good riddance" are clearly just salty they can't skill and they can't defend skill. Just because the La Croqueta is broken beyond repair, it doesn't mean other skills need to be nerfed into oblivion. It takes more skill than anything else in the game to go on a skill run where you time skill moves perfectly.

What you want gone is people just spamming la croqueta, la croqueta, la croqueta, la croqueta, la croqueta. What Kazooie and many other skillers do is nothing like that. He uses almost all of the skills in the game and times them to perfection to beat defenders, if you think that takes no skill you're deluded.
  • EA_Andy
    3087 posts EA Community Manager
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

He's not talking about moving the skills away from the right stick, he's on about the skills being more likely to fail the more you do in a row.

The people saying "good riddance" are clearly just salty they can't skill and they can't defend skill. Just because the La Croqueta is broken beyond repair, it doesn't mean other skills need to be nerfed into oblivion. It takes more skill than anything else in the game to go on a skill run where you time skill moves perfectly.

What you want gone is people just spamming la croqueta, la croqueta, la croqueta, la croqueta, la croqueta. What Kazooie and many other skillers do is nothing like that. He uses almost all of the skills in the game and times them to perfection to beat defenders, if you think that takes no skill you're deluded.

Gotcha, that makes more sense. There was just a lot of worry over the right stick recently.

Hopefully there will be some more info on skill moves in general over the summer.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Losing control of the ball after two skill moves is a bit extreme. Skills moves in Fifa are really enjoyable, have been a staple in the game for years. It looks like EA are going ahead with this extreme nerf, but thet should allow at least three chained skill moves in succession before losing control.
  • SPN1987
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Losing control of the ball after two skill moves is a bit extreme. Skills moves in Fifa are really enjoyable, have been a staple in the game for years. It looks like EA are going ahead with this extreme nerf, but thet should allow at least three chained skill moves in succession before losing control.

I disagree. You can't put a number on it. It is all a matter of physics to me. Performing three ball rolls or dragbacks in a row is perfectly possible in real life. While flawlessly performing three Croquetta's in succession is physically pretty much impossible to do by anyone. Especially with how fast you can perform them this year.
  • Gromit
    3364 posts National Call-Up

I disagree. You can't put a number on it. It is all a matter of physics to me. Performing three ball rolls or dragbacks in a row is perfectly possible in real life. While flawlessly performing three Croquetta's in succession is physically pretty much impossible to do by anyone. Especially with how fast you can perform them this year.

Agreed the issue with skills is physics and the fact that its an animation and that no matter what the game seems to force the animation from start to finish regardless of whether it hits an obstruction. You can predict a skill move and move your defender perfectly to the direction yet so many times the skill move pays off regardless. Also the amount of times players fluff a skill move but retain the ball is ridiculous.
  • SPN1987
    Gromit wrote: »

Agreed the issue with skills is physics and the fact that its an animation and that no matter what the game seems to force the animation from start to finish regardless of whether it hits an obstruction. You can predict a skill move and move your defender perfectly to the direction yet so many times the skill move pays off regardless. Also the amount of times players fluff a skill move but retain the ball is ridiculous.

Yea, I agree 100%. No logic can be applied to this years game in general. Not just with the skillmoves. Passing, finishing, dribbling it is all broken.
  • bobby2
    78 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 12
    Skills moves are fine, you often need to bypass strong AI defending. Its the abuse of the skill that needs to be removed.

Just limit some skills move to 1 or 2 times, the community giving out about right now, those ones, the rest the other skills can be left alone as they're not abused.
  • bobby2
    78 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

Exactly why would you nerf skills that are not abusive make no sense. Obviously some skills are abusive just nerf them and you only do it 1 time.
  • Duncan1972
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    What a looser!

Next up is “if they remove ping pong passing, first time shots, and kickoff goals I quit FIFA”.

These so called pros are nothing but a bunch of assisted noobs. They can’t deal with anything unless they are assisted by EA. Passing, shooting, defending, and now they need help to drible.

Pathetic!

Let the REAL pros play some beautiful football, and let the people like him play VOLTA. Simple!

Don't forget they also avoid each other in WL! That for me is the most pathetic- that "Pro's" avoid playing better players.
  • hooligan87
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    The first pro has said he'll whit if they make skill moves more realistic lmao.

When the gameplay is fake and does not look like real football - then the Champions(pros) are also fake! Most of them can't do anything without a computer! Of course they will be against realistic gameplay! But should we listen to them?! They are not the authority! With realistic gameplay there will be new real pros who are now in the shadows!
  • bigpokey24
    4792 posts Big Money Move
    i don't skill, it's a waste of time, pass and open up a D is all that matters. In fact i haven't played FIFa because I am on strike , until i get an apology from you know who
  • Richie827
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Guess he just won the 'who the fuc are you' award.
  • Alemas_2012
    15139 posts World Class
    His whole schtick is skill moves and his "Skilling to Glory" YouTube series, I'd understand his frustration.
    That said, I find nerfing skill moves a positive step towards a slightly more realistic game.