RTTF Alonso vs FB Sandro

Tboon
2134 posts Fans' Favourite
edited June 9
Anyone tried both players? Will Sandro be a huge upgrade over Alonso? Worth the coins?

Thanks!

Comments

• Colt_seevers
    996 posts Professional
    If u have your full backs on at least balanced Sandro may be slightly better, or, if like 95% of players u leave them back they’d be no point doing him
  • LiamSully
    5950 posts Big Money Move
    Sandro is faster, but Alonso is taller and stronger

I put Alonso into the Sandro sbc so there’s no going back for me, but after 10 games or so I’m very happy with Sandro
  • IxToMxI
    5441 posts Big Money Move
    Haven’t tried both but I love Alonso, dude does everything.

Got Schulz in my picks thought Alonso was better

Just got Jordi Alba also from pucks and honestly I wanted to like Alba but think he’s pretty trash, he’s going into an SBC
  • Stevie_G
    998 posts Professional
    Well Sandro is the best LB in the game (slightly better than Telles), doesn't matter that he is 500k. Goes up to a 98 LB with anchor/shadow, just insane.

The extra height of Alonso will help but Sandro's far less clunky and that gives him the slight edge
  • thegabrielNYC
    722 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Well Sandro is the best LB in the game (slightly better than Telles), doesn't matter that he is 500k. Goes up to a 98 LB with anchor/shadow, just insane.

The extra height of Alonso will help but Sandro's far less clunky and that gives him the slight edge
    Which version? I’ve tried a couple, along w/ Telles but none come close to TOTY Marcelo. Maybe it’s just me :disappointed:
  • JPRM71
    2263 posts Fans' Favourite

Which version? I’ve tried a couple, along w/ Telles but none come close to TOTY Marcelo. Maybe it’s just me :disappointed:

You’ll get done all day on crosses at the back post with midget man Marcelo. OK for Squad battles but not WL
  • JPRM71
    2263 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alonso has 900 games for me, certainly is good enough not to spend any coins on the LB position for me
  • Stevie_G
    998 posts Professional
    JPRM71 wrote: »

You’ll get done all day on crosses at the back post with midget man Marcelo. OK for Squad battles but not WL

Yeah exactly, height is so crucial on fullbacks. Irrespective of how good Marcelo may be on the ball, the last thing you want is to give your opponent an easy advantage by crossing to his side.

To be fair, the AI crosses a lot in squad battles! A great tactic is just forcing them to cross as long as you have someone like Alonso/Sandro to stop them, they'll never score :lol: