MAKE PACE MATTER AGAIN

NathW90
258 posts Sunday League Hero
edited June 9
Seriously, no more of this "player has 99 acceleration and sprint speed but randomly moves like a decommissioned tank and can be comfortably caught be 53 pace rated player when running clean through into open space" ****.

The only reason they nerfed pace is in the first place is because they literally couldn't be bothered to work on the defensive side of the gameplay or responsiveness.

Oh, and flicking the the right analogue stick is supposed to knock the ball on and give you a burst of pace like in real life, NOT SLOW YOU DOWN.
Post edited by NathW90 on

Comments

• Agreed however they need to balance stamina better so players can not just sprint for the whole 90 minutes and also strength so a striker with 70 rated strength can’t out muscle a CB with 90 strength.. also strikers seem to complete more tackles with a 48 rating than defenders with 90+tackling
  • Vichy360
    73 posts Park Captain
    Agree
  • deang07
    7921 posts League Winner
    av u not seen the stream yet?
    theyve said they are doing exactly this lol
  • Mmandras
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 9
    After this year's disaster I'm all for pace now. Difference between 80 and 99 player should be waaay more noticable and slow defender catching up (as well as AI blocking it) was not realistic at all. Fifa gameplay this year is like a bad dream when you are trying to run from the bad guys, but they catch you. And other horrible stuff, like hitting crossbars three times in a row in the same attack.

But kudos to EA for trying. Community was all about pace nerfing for years.
  • JURITO1000
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was happy with pace in this edition. One of the few thing which was good for me. I dont agreee with people that wasnt possible to run away from defender. Yes it was,but you suppose to you very good timed pass and cover the ball to knock off the defender.

I hate fifa 18 style where just pace matter,long through ball and just hold r1. Such a skill
  • NathW90
    deang07 wrote: »
    av u not seen the stream yet?
    theyve said they are doing exactly this lol

No. What exactly was said about it?
  • MOES98
    73 posts Park Captain
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    I was happy with pace in this edition. One of the few thing which was good for me. I dont agreee with people that wasnt possible to run away from defender. Yes it was,but you suppose to you very good timed pass and cover the ball to knock off the defender.

I hate fifa 18 style where just pace matter,long through ball and just hold r1. Such a skill

Agree. IRL you dont just see long balls behind the defense and then a fast striker running half a pitch with the ball not getting catch up by the defense every second like earlier fifa's.
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    I don't mind the pace this year
  • Gromit
    3340 posts National Call-Up
    The problem with anything like this though is it immediately negates the need for all the players that don't possess pace.

I stopped playing after 17 and for me the primary reason for quitting FUT was the way the game had evolved to the point that so many cards were pointless and teams had literally become the SAME. The beauty of FUT was having 12000+ cards and being able to assemble all kinds of different teams.
  • JohnDoe
    10723 posts Has That Special Something
    Pace is alright this year, but the stupid boosts you get from skill moves are one of the least realistic things about this game, and should definitely be removed.
  • Downgrade their tacking ability, the amount of times they tackle my defender and completely floor them with ease is ridiculous
  • Boerieboys
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pace is fine this year.
  • bigpokey24
    4777 posts Big Money Move
    😁😂😂😂watch pace get nerfed...u people never learn
    .we've see this before. One year pace , the next no pace....then they bring it back...you have the sheep still falling for fifa cosmetics
  • NathW90
    Boerieboys wrote: »
    Pace is fine this year.

Yeah, Mbappe being caught by Sule makes perfect sense.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9864 posts League Winner
    Pace is still ridiculously important this year, just not as much if the player is on the ball...
  • EA_Andy
    2737 posts EA Community Manager
    During the EA Play stream for FIFA 20 Sam touched on this - it's something the team is looking at.
  • Boerieboys
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    NathW90 wrote: »
    Pace is fine this year.

I'm sorry, but I had Mbappe and something like that never occurred.
  • MOES98
    73 posts Park Captain
    Pace is fine this year.

If Mbappe is having the ball in his feet and sprints half a court, a defender would probably catch him up, unless it was an extremely slow one.
  • kurbalija
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Seriously, no more of this "player has 99 acceleration and sprint speed but randomly moves like a decommissioned tank and can be comfortably caught be 53 pace rated player when running clean through into open space" ****.

The only reason they nerfed pace is in the first place is because they literally couldn't be bothered to work on the defensive side of the gameplay or responsiveness.

Oh, and flicking the the right analogue stick is supposed to knock the ball on and give you a burst of pace like in real life, NOT SLOW YOU DOWN.

dude have you ever sprinted with a ball on your feet?
  • NathW90
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    During the EA Play stream for FIFA 20 Sam touched on this - it's something the team is looking at.

Thank God for that.
  • NathW90
    kurbalija wrote: »

Yes, I played semi-pro until I was 23. Ironically enough I was an extremely pacey winger, and if I burst past a defender either with or without the ball then I wasn't being caught.

Truly boggles my mind how people can defend it. If the likes of Mbappe, Salah, Bale etc. go past a defender in any shape or form with space to run into, then they are not being caught unless it's by a defender who is also lightning quick.

Let's not pretend like fast players are ever really caught up by slow players in real life. It's complete garbage. It's literally science ffs.
  • Antiversum
    5736 posts Big Money Move
    Pace is fine this year.

Süle was measured fastest player during this Bundesliga season iirc. So no Bundesliga player deserves more than 67 pace right.
  • Gromit
    3340 posts National Call-Up

Yes, I played semi-pro until I was 23. Ironically enough I was an extremely pacey winger, and if I burst past a defender either with or without the ball then I wasn't being caught.

Truly boggles my mind how people can defend it. If the likes of Mbappe, Salah, Bale etc. go past a defender in any shape or form with space to run into, then they are not being caught unless it's by a defender who is also lightning quick.

Let's not pretend like fast players are ever really caught up by slow players in real life. It's complete garbage. It's literally science ffs.

You've clearly not seen a game of football in your life, let alone played it.

Go and watch a compilation of Salah's goals for Liverpool and see how many of them are him running with defenders jogging behind in the distance. There will be a handful for sure, but 90% of them the defender will be goal side. THIS is the norm, John Terry never had pace yet he was quite easily one of the best CB in the PL for many years.

The game is [email protected] enough, the last thing it needs is the ability to ping a ball over the top for some 99 pace attacker to just whizz past and be uncatchable.

• NathW90
    Gromit wrote: »

You've clearly not seen a game of football in your life, let alone played it.

Go and watch a compilation of Salah's goals for Liverpool and see how many of them are him running with defenders jogging behind in the distance. There will be a handful for sure, but 90% of them the defender will be goal side. THIS is the norm, John Terry never had pace yet he was quite easily one of the best CB in the PL for many years.

The game is [email protected] enough, the last thing it needs is the ability to ping a ball over the top for some 99 pace attacker to just whizz past and be uncatchable.

What are you rambling on about?

I'm simply saying that if an extremely fast player DOES get past a defender and with space to then run into and utilise said pace, then unless the defender is also extremely quick then the attacker is not being caught, that is a fact. Or are we pretending that pace in real life doesn't exist and/or means nothing in football?

It's really not that hard to understand.
  • Peanut2000
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pace is fine, if you get your touch correct with the right analog then pace is fine if you get it wrong you get the ball stuck under your feet and the defender catches you. Realistic
  • bobby2
    73 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Positioning and backline need to be good for this to work. I don't want my backline half way up the pitch for Mbappe to run into acres of space to score. This was an issue on Fifa 19 the AI decides to move up on its own and leave holes.

In real football the backline holds position all game, you break them down with passing.

Skills and dribbling should be the most important thing. If Mbappe dribbles or gets past a defender damn right he should have the advantage and have space to score.
  • TeamExtreme17
    1711 posts Play-Off Hero
    I absolutely agree on the pace thing, but Fifa doesn't want the lil kiddies getting beat then stopping buying Fifa Points as everyone is a sore loser these days and HAVE to win. That's the problem, the game is catered to no one with football knowledge, so the better players are faster and stronger and the lesser players are slow and weak, its unrealistic..

And example is Dan James at Swansea who Man Utd have signed, hes absolutely rapid but in Fifa has a pace of 68!? :D