Anyone playing WL who goes a couple of goals up still know there going to get beat??

Robbo_86
199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Played a game earlier on WL, went a couple of goals up an then bombarded his goal an couldn’t score, this happens to me every weekend! They equalise on 90th min then I get beat 4-2 in extra time. My team literally stops working

Comments

• HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    i lost almost every game i went up 1 or 2-0
  • Robbo_86
    You can actually see your team stop working though, can’t you?
  • Batman442
    3765 posts National Call-Up
    Almost every weekend I have 1 game at some stage where I'm 2/3 goals up and let my opponent back into it, if I lose I stop playing
  • Robbo_86
    Does that make it better when you start playing again?
  • Saheb251201
    770 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes definitely man I completed prime vieira on Thursday excited to try him out
    But my whole team is playing sluggish and does fcked up things when I’m winning
  • Stianrams
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Robbo_86 wrote: »
    You can actually see your team stop working though, can’t you?

I often call game score with scary accuracy, i can play 5min ingame time and often say to my self i will go 2-0 and end at 2-4. You can actaully feel the patent at work it feels like.
  • G04TZ
    71 posts Park Captain
    Enjoy the game don’t worry
    Sounds like you flap and end up looseing
    People mess sitting to far back when there a few goals up you loose your head and just defend all game.
    Teams probably high press
    Chill out go drop back balanced and make him chase the ball he will soon back out
  • Salvatori
    830 posts Semi-Pro
    Its partly random connection stufff as well.

I just played a match where first half, i could not do a thing. I had zero shots, the opponent had 16 and scored 5 goals. Every single pass was delayed by at least a second and all he did was load up lunge tackles as soon as he saw me recieve the ball, as he knew i couldnt react.

Half time, suddenly the lag is gone. Final score 5 v 3, with me missing twice 1 v 1 when he did me with keeper movement. I had 14 shots 2nd half, after 0 first half and neither he nor i changed how we were playing at all, no show boat attempts etc.

Confidence is defo a thing as well,like if im 2 v 0 down adn get one back, i feel my players start to play that little bit better. Pretty sure there was a thread / article about player form / confidence lately
  • Robbo_86
    I mainly play on balanced with my forwards on get in behind. I don’t really do drop back so that my team press higher up the pitch but I don’t get done in behind, it’s the interplay what’s does me when my defenders don’t tackle an are all over the place.
    Thanks for the advice though bro
  • Batman442
    3765 posts National Call-Up
    Robbo_86 wrote: »
    Does that make it better when you start playing again?

Yeah, I usually space out my games. If I lose two in a row or let a game I should have won slip I stop playing, come back the next day or an hour or two after. It keeps the head. I usually find Sundays the best time to play most of the pros and top elite players have all their games played
  • Robbo_86
    Yeah I saw that. I wouldn’t mind but people would spend more time an money on the game if it was just a level playing field. I don’t have a problem with getting beat by a better player, simple

• Colt_seevers
    1062 posts Professional
    the Real killer is when your opponent has zero shots at half time and your beating him comfortably. 9 times outa 10 you’ll lose
  • Robbo_86
    That always seems to be the case, **** joke
  • Salvatori
    830 posts Semi-Pro
    Just had it happen to me......almost twice in the same match :D

2 nil up at HT and cruising. Then the predictable happens. After HT he gets one back when he plays a through ball, which is 80/20 my DDG against his NIF Salah to reach. Not only does Salah reach it, he takes a touch and still ends up with a tap in. At this point i know whats coming. Sure enough, 5mins later, cross, Butragueno against VVD.....not hard to guess who won that header and scored eh......

Then of course he gets a 3rd with, to be fair, a lovely goal. So now suddenly im 3 v 2 down 20mins after being 2 v 0 up. But i take a breather regroup. He is not a good player afterall

Smashed in 3 more of my own between 65mins and 82mins. Now its 5 v 3 and i have a 2 goal lead again.........yeah you know it, suddenly he is swarming me, gets it back to 5 v 4 with 3mins remaining then with the last kick has a goal disallowed for being about a whisker offside. FIFA DEFEATED haha