The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

CB's during attacking corners

jpsblue
4655 posts National Call-Up
edited June 2019
So i had VVD and David Luiz, and during attacking corners they were both in the box, i score a lot with them

i decided to do SBC Ramos to replace Luiz, and for some reason, he isn't in the box at attacking corners. No matter what i did with custom tactics, player roles/instructions etc, he is always either on the halfway line, or just outside the box

anyone know why? may it be because of his H/M work rates?

really frustrating!

Comments

• Whoman
    5979 posts Big Money Move
    Nobody know. At times i tried to figure it out because there are certain things with corners that can be kinda-sorta influenced (like the guy at the front post/5 yard edge when starting 433 is always the RCM), but others ...

The one thing Luiz has over Ramos that'd make sense is height, i.e. only the X amount of your tallest defensive players (however defined) go in the box but who the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ know ?

Almost as stupid as my target man hanging out at the edge of the box on defensive corners.
  • jpsblue
    Whoman wrote: »
    Nobody know. At times i tried to figure it out because there are certain things with corners that can be kinda-sorta influenced (like the guy at the front post/5 yard edge when starting 433 is always the RCM), but others ...

The one thing Luiz has over Ramos that'd make sense is height, i.e. only the X amount of your tallest defensive players (however defined) go in the box but who the **** know ?

Almost as stupid as my target man hanging out at the edge of the box on defensive corners.

i just put david luiz back in to test that out, and now he is also outside the box! damnit this is so frustrating. before i put ramos in i had luiz and vvd in the box, now i only have 1 of them.. hmmm wonder what i can tinker
  • GeTRiGhT
    10258 posts Has That Special Something
    Yep VVD will be outside the box sometines
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    Lately for me, about 40% of the time, my LB is furthest forward to start a counter after a defensive corner. So lame.
  • jpsblue
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Yep VVD will be outside the box sometines
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Lately for me, about 40% of the time, my LB is furthest forward to start a counter after a defensive corner. So lame.

so damn frustrating. i want my tallest boys in the box. they should give us an option to have like a few "locked"players at set peices
  • Orison
    52863 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    What happens if you delete (or empty) the squad and build it again?

Some things in this game are legit influenced by who goes into the squad first or last :D
  • jpsblue
    Orison wrote: »
    What happens if you delete (or empty) the squad and build it again?

Some things in this game are legit influenced by who goes into the squad first or last :D

ill give that a shot tomorrow, ill try anything at this stage to just have my two CB's towering :D
  • jfinn
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sometimes if I switch the player taking the corner my players switch around. I usually do this until militao is in the box
  • Sercs
    18831 posts World Class
    I’ve just changed corner takers, ever since (no matter who I select) I have Raul front post whereas Ronaldo is on the edge.

My boy Ronaldo is so much better there 😂
  • BrentfordFC
    13143 posts Has That Special Something
    My cb’s never score corners. I have to play it short and then cross it just to get a goal
  • Cadey 5
    11186 posts Has That Special Something
    Big Sol is the only CB who wins Headers from corners to me whenever I take him out the team, I’m like where my CBS At :D
  • TheDrifter
    842 posts Semi-Pro
    Sercs wrote: »
    I’ve just changed corner takers, ever since (no matter who I select) I have Raul front post whereas Ronaldo is on the edge.

Have Raul take corners.
  • Diggy
    14172 posts Has That Special Something
    Try putting anchor on CBs & chemistry styles that don’t boost physical or defending on other players

It’s not efficient but works to some effect
  • MeanOnSunday
    1533 posts Play-Off Hero
    I also have VVD and Ramos. It seems like the problem is that the game doesn’t know what to do when you have too many good headers of the ball. I have CR7 and he is usually on the front post and it makes one of the CBs stand 30 yards from goal.

Back in the days when you could customize corner positioning the default was totally based on the formation and player positioning. Since then we just have an EA botch job which is something like most players default based on position but 2/3 players with best heading/ jumping get moved to particular places.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7160 posts League Winner
    Love having Ramos as much furthest player forward when defending a corner
  • jpsblue
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Love having Ramos as much furthest player forward when defending a corner

That literally happened to me today too. Defender a corner, I see my player 1v1 vs their defender, and it was my Sergio Ramos, trying to do a skill move to get past his last defender but failed miserably :D

I tried @Orison idea, deleted my squad, made a new one with same players m, custom tactics etc and still no Ramos in the box

I then used my copied main team for the Zaniolo objective, put a few serie A players, forgot I had FB David Luiz at CB next to VVD. Low and behold, got a corner and both of them were in the box!

Next game I put Ramos back in for Luiz and he wasn’t up for a corner.. then the next corner I got, and every corner after that Ramos and VVD we’re both in the box

This game man... it’s like it doesn’t know what is happening half the time. I’ll keep my copied squad now and put my main guys back in and hope that they are both in the box at corners next week :D
  • Sercs
    18831 posts World Class
    TheDrifter wrote: »
    Sercs wrote: »

Have Raul take corners.

True but I want him in the box, just Ronaldo needs to be the main man at the front post
  • Waldog94
    2145 posts Fans' Favourite
    Could be worse my godin stands 10 yards outside my box for defensive corners
  • TheDrifter
    842 posts Semi-Pro
    I have a battle between Jovic and Socrates for near post, different every time.. Probably a left right thing but not noticed a pattern yet.
  • Mr_footballer1
    1987 posts Fans' Favourite
    On a short free kick routine tots laporte is always one of the runners for me even though I have tots Messi, it does my head in. I have to make laporte take the free kick to stop him being a runner
  • Jonboyparker
    5585 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2019
    My R9 and FB Luiz have a chat before corners and decide who’s staying outside. It’s a lottery everytime for me. 🤷‍♂️ I do it default everytime but if is see R9 out I play it shot and then pass it out for him to hit
  • Persevere80
    1144 posts Professional
    Diggy wrote: »
    Try putting anchor on CBs & chemistry styles that don’t boost physical or defending on other players

It’s not efficient but works to some effect

This reminds me of a thread a year or so ago. I think the chemistry styles added would determine positions they take during corners.
  • Empyrium7
    3373 posts National Call-Up
    when defending, I have Cannavaro outside the box waiting for a counter.

players positioning needs a lot of work
  • Sercs
    18831 posts World Class
    Custom corners like they used to have would be good, more relevant now than they were when originally in