New ICONS

Comments

• Drachenfells
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    I
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    Me, I wish I could play with the real big teams of the time with the real players: the big Milan, the arsenal of Thierry Henry, Manchester of Beckham ... Yes, a true league FUT of the times of glory.

It's worrying that you think the times of glory were so recent. 😂 personality I would only give icons to players who retiered at least 20 years ago.
  • Revolve2099
    68 posts Park Captain
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    Pointless disscusion. Its not just about going to editing mode and create an icon. There is lot of licensing and paper works behind it.

You're right in that there's a lot that goes into who gets an icon.

You're wrong that it's a pointless discussion - it's a forum, it's interesting to see who people are hoping for. If you aren't interested then no need to post.

So then is EA against countries from the Balkans then? Are you against Muslim nations? Why doesn't Hakan Sukur not get an Icon, he wasn't called the bull of the Bosporus for nothing you know. He scored the fatest goal in the world cup 10.8 seconds.

What about Berbatov another great Bulgarian striker. EA seems to more focused on popular nations. George Weah from the US missing. Come on have some diversity and show respect to other nations.

You mean Berbatov who only announced his retirement this season. And that famous American striker Weah who of course, is in fact Liberian?

Come on man. If you’re going to throw wild accusations about it’s probably best to get your facts right!

Mate I've got all my facts straight. I live football champ, unlike most people who play fifa and think they know everything about football.

George Weah is not only Liberian but he’s the president! He is in no way American! I mean he we was the first African to win the ballon d’or but yeah, I’m sure you know your facts 😂

Your main focus is George Weah, why not google and post something on other players?

here's one for you who is Zico, Riquelme, Saviola?

I can’t get on board with Saviola but the other 2 then yeah I’d like to see them in the game. But your original post said you wanted more diversity, now you want 2 more Argentines and a Brazilian.

By the way, as a fan of Milan I didn’t need to google Weah - I wouldn’t think many on here would to know his nationality. And as for Berbatov as it’s so recent I remember him announcing his retirement.

I never said I wanted or didn't want these guys. My post was clear and said about diversity, and my response was about your focus on George Weah on how much you know so much about him. I simply said to google the others and gave some examples. I did not say that these guys should or shouldn't be in the game. I want a diverse range of icons to play with simply not Brazilian/English.
  • mihain247
    1299 posts Play-Off Hero
    Essien??? What the?
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 16
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Joestoe
    4704 posts National Call-Up
    I
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    Me, I wish I could play with the real big teams of the time with the real players: the big Milan, the arsenal of Thierry Henry, Manchester of Beckham ... Yes, a true league FUT of the times of glory.

It's worrying that you think the times of glory were so recent. 😂 personality I would only give icons to players who retiered at least 20 years ago.

That’s so short sighted. As if players like Pirlo, Xavi and Raul aren’t icons of the game.
  • Drachenfells
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sorry I just can't get behind the idea of finishing your career and getting a icon card 1-2 years later, many 20 was to many so I'll drop it to 8-10 at the most but to me a iconic player is someone who is still considered a great player long after he stopped playing. I'm sure Pirlo and Xavi will get deserved Icon cards but let them build up in our memories first. There are so many great players from years ago who are yet to get cards I can't in my mind justify leaving them out of the cost of a player who's just retired. ( I would not give Ibrahim a card until 2025 at the earliest by the way.) but then that's just my opinion.
  • IamFrench
    1362 posts Professional
    edited August 20
    IamFrench wrote: »
    My prediction:
    EA7fEgcW4AAVJSk.jpg

99%: We found the real photo
    85%: We almost found the real photo, but with some minor problems
    80%: We almost found the real photo, but the photo contains errors

Quick update: Rush & Barnes are confirmed.

Kaka is présent in the menus FIFA20 ! (via @toniemcee on YT)
    1566297034-1.jpg
  • CfcBlue
    3576 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry I just can't get behind the idea of finishing your career and getting a icon card 1-2 years later, many 20 was to many so I'll drop it to 8-10 at the most but to me a iconic player is someone who is still considered a great player long after he stopped playing. I'm sure Pirlo and Xavi will get deserved Icon cards but let them build up in our memories first. There are so many great players from years ago who are yet to get cards I can't in my mind justify leaving them out of the cost of a player who's just retired. ( I would not give Ibrahim a card until 2025 at the earliest by the way.) but then that's just my opinion.

Yea it’s true but.. EA have to have fresh players in order to keep the game fresh and attract gamers and money. That’s always been the scenario so why would it change?
  • Isco233
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    And all those icons become useless. Cuz of 90+ rated cards spam.
    $$$$$$$
  • Joestoe
    Let Garrincha be true😭
  • IamFrench
    1362 posts Professional
    My prediction:
    EA7fEgcW4AAVJSk.jpg

99%: We found the real photo
    85%: We almost found the real photo, but with some minor problems
    80%: We almost found the real photo, but the photo contains errors

Quick update: Rush & Barnes are confirmed.

Kaka is présent in the menus FIFA20 ! (via @toniemcee on YT)
    1566297034-1.jpg

Hugo Sánchez confirmed !
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ezeni
    7 posts Ball Boy
    wish i could play with icons in offline modes

In nba 2k this is always possible
  • Reus
    22443 posts Club Captain
    Any news on when the icons will be fully revealed with in game stats etc?
  • BayernBru
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Reus wrote: »

@Reus usually don't see in game stats for the icons until the content embargo is dropped by EA. Then the 'game changers' release them. So wouldn't expect to see in game stats for icons until a few days or so before release sadly.
  • Juan Roman Riquelme, Gabriel Batistuta and Mario Alberto Kempes is a must!
  • Joestoe
    Reus wrote: »

Would expect a bit more news within two weeks. Haven't got any news on FUT for quite a while now though.
  • SimenHP
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    So all icons are revealed now?
  • CfcBlue
    3576 posts National Call-Up
    I need to know drogba stats. Mainly pace.
  • Joestoe
    SimenHP wrote: »

Nope.
  • SimenHP
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Joestoe wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »

Nope.

Fifa 20 is released in 3 weeks and all icons are still not revealed. Damn EA are slow. Everything should have been revealed a month or so ago. What is the point in waiting, it just means less pre-orders for EA
  • we need some danish icon players for sure

Jon Dahl Tomasson
    Martin Jørgensen
    Jan Heintze
    Kim Vilfort
    Preben Elkjær
    Ebbe Sand
    Thomas Gravesen
    Jes Høgh
    Frank Arnesen
    Flemming Povlsen
    Thomas Helveg
    Brian Laudrup
    Marc Rieper
    Allan Simonsen
    Allan Nielsen.
  • IamFrench
    1362 posts Professional
    EDdu1lCW4AEMxOB.jpg
  • Adrian095
    33924 posts National Team Captain
    :o
  • solnasolna08
    1758 posts Play-Off Hero
    prime essien should be 87-89 rated, Lampard and Gerrard was much better..
  • wetcase
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • Adrian095
    33924 posts National Team Captain
    wetcase wrote: »

It means R9 out in APR 2020
  • NDJ591
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    PIM again :s
  • Mc_chigby
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    NDJ591 wrote: »

Yh that or they're going to try a new Icon release tactic. Perhaps they'll only release all the Base Icons in the first 2 months, then middles and finally primes.
  • Mc_chigby wrote: »
    NDJ591 wrote: »

Yh that or they're going to try a new Icon release tactic. Perhaps they'll only release all the Base Icons in the first 2 months, then middles and finally primes.

I would rather have PIM than icons released every month or longer like they did in the previous years