New ICONS

Comments

• KinggHuss
    2049 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lambo91 wrote: »
    Pep Guardiola considered as a player legend? a coach legend yeah but a player legend and you guys are agreeing with it?

Oh man

I need a legend card as well, I'll email EA right now I'll get myself in the ICON list since we wana add anybody that played football.

Guardiola captained Barca to its first European trophy. Played much like Busquets does now and he was very good....
  • Boommaametw3
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lambo91 wrote: »
    Pep Guardiola considered as a player legend? a coach legend yeah but a player legend and you guys are agreeing with it?

Oh man

I need a legend card as well, I'll email EA right now I'll get myself in the ICON list since we wana add anybody that played football.

Dude Pep played in Johan Cruyff's barca that won like 4 la liga in a row and won Barca first ucl in the 90s, uefa cup and euro supercup. He captained barca for like 5 years. He was a deep lying playmaker like Busquests but sadly would be slow and m/m.

If people like Nakata,Luis Hernandez etc are icons then why not Guardiola?
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain
    But guardiola was knowhere near as good as busquets so it's a terrible example

Wes brown won 5 premier league titles and 2 champions leagues I reckon he should get one

Him and john o'shea should be locks for cards
  • bracaro
    6 posts Ball Boy
    Reus wrote: »

Wes brown won 5 premier league titles and 2 champions leagues I reckon he should get one

How old are you? Did you seem play before the 2000's?
  • Boommaametw3
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite

Lol likes of Nakata,Luis Hernandez etc. got Icons lol. Plus Guardiola won't even be meta,would be slow, short(cdm), m/m most likely, weak, low aggression
  • RayS
    25671 posts Player of the Year
    Have EA said when they will reveal the rest of the icons?
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain

Lol likes of Nakata,Luis Hernandez etc. got Icons lol. Plus Guardiola won't even be meta,would be slow, short(cdm), m/m most likely, weak, low aggression

And they dont deserve them

Why are you arguing for more undeserving ones, we want as few as possible
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain
    edited August 6
    bracaro wrote: »

Are you saying the guardiola was as good as busquets then?

All I read about is how good busquets has been, personally dont rate him, but other people seem to think hes brilliant
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro

Who is the “we”?
  • RayS
    EA TELL US WHO THE NEW ICONS ARE YO
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain
    edited August 6
    Royboy wrote: »

Who is the “we”?

Most of the people who play ultimate team

We want usable cards do we not
  • Selgarr
    971 posts Professional
    RayS wrote: »
    Have EA said when they will reveal the rest of the icons?

Nothing yet. All we know is ""more icons to be revealed", so it could be today, tomorrow, early september, mid september etc.

I was excited when they announced Zidane and started thinking of the team I want to build in fut 20. Then I realised I would have to wait until his sbc is released to realistically get him because before then not a lot will be on the transfer market and the ones that are will probably be 15 million coins and I will not have that many coins.

I'm hoping Garrincha and Hugo Sanchez are revealed but we will see.
  • bracaro
    6 posts Ball Boy

All I read about is how good busquets has been, personally dont rate him, but other people seem to think hes brilliant

I can't say who's better. I'm not that old to be remembering Guardiola in the 90's. Tha fact is that he was a top player until 99/2000'ish... After he was suspended for doping and signed for Brescia is carrer was over... But in the 20th century he was a top player, no argue there... If he was better than Busquets I wouldn't know
  • Alex_cr
    5094 posts Big Money Move

I’m old enough. Loads of potential, ravaged by injury. Good player and there’s less deserving icons but also more deserving that aren’t in the game.
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain

I can't say who's better. I'm not that old to be remembering Guardiola in the 90's. Tha fact is that he was a top player until 99/2000'ish... After he was suspended for doping and signed for Brescia is carrer was over... But in the 20th century he was a top player, no argue there... If he was better than Busquets I wouldn't know

How do you know he was a top player if you never saw him play?

Guardiola was a good player

But he was never one of the best midfielders in the world
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Royboy wrote: »

Who is the “we”?

Most of the people who play ultimate team

We want usable cards do we not

ICONS have what other cards don’t have - the nostalgia as well as the help in chemistry. I do agree that some of the existing icons had careers that were not as shiny as others, but they’re still ICON to some people.

FUT is a mixture of gameplay as well as team managing/card collection (although this year they put much more weights in card collection than gameplay, unfortunately). So more contents in fut makes it more fun imo.
  • Selgarr
    971 posts Professional
    Has anyone got any Icon teams planned for FUT 20?

Hopefully Garrincha will be one of the icons revealed and if he is then my goal for fut 20 will be to try to get this full Icon team before the end of the game.

Formation 4-3-3

Manager Pep Guardiola

GK: 1 Lev Yashin (91 base- 1960 european championship)

LB: 3 Roberto Carlos (91 prime- 2002 champion's league)
    CB: 5 Carles Puyol (92 prime- 2010 world cup)
    CB: 6 Franco Baresi (93 prime- 1990 european cup)
    RB: 4 Carlos Alberto (? prime- 1970 world cup)

CM: 9 Michael Laudrup (91 prime- 1992 european cup)
    CM: 10 Lothar Matthaus (93 prime- 1990 world cup)
    CM: 8 Frank Rijkaard (90 prime- 1990 european cup)

LW: 14 Thierry Henry (90 base- 2009 champion's league)
    STR: 12 Marco Van Basten (93 prime- 1988 european championship)
    RW: 7 Garrincha (? prime- 1962 world cup)

At the moment on PS4, not including Carlos Alberto and Garrincha, this team would cost about 3,296,000 coins.

Hopefully prices will be a bit cheaper on fut 20, also if anything to do with the 2020 european championships is released it will lower prices?

If I manage to get this team then I think it would be a good team. Would you make any changes? Have you got your own team in mind?

I definitely won't be buying any fifa points or opening any packs with coins so if I manage to get enough coins to get this team I will be happy.
  • Ich wünsche Polnische Icons :

Jacek Krzynowek , Grzegorz Lato , Jerzy Dudek ( und 100% David Beckham )

• Mc_chigby
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Selgarr wrote: »

Hopefully Garrincha will be one of the icons revealed and if he is then my goal for fut 20 will be to try to get this full Icon team before the end of the game.

Formation 4-3-3

Manager Pep Guardiola

At the moment on PS4, not including Carlos Alberto and Garrincha, this team would cost about 3,296,000 coins.

Hopefully prices will be a bit cheaper on fut 20, also if anything to do with the 2020 european championships is released it will lower prices?

If I manage to get this team then I think it would be a good team. Would you make any changes? Have you got your own team in mind?

I definitely won't be buying any fifa points or opening any packs with coins so if I manage to get enough coins to get this team I will be happy.

Small backline. You might get killed in the air if the opponent has some tall strikers
  • Selgarr
    971 posts Professional
    Mc_chigby wrote: »

Formation 4-3-3

Manager Pep Guardiola

Small backline. You might get killed in the air if the opponent has some tall strikers

My first choice of centre-back's was Desailly and Rijkaard. Would that be better? If I go with them then I would have to find someone to replace Rijkaard in midfield.
  • swfcfan89
    942 posts Semi-Pro

Formation 4-3-3

Manager Pep Guardiola

It's not a bad team to work towards but it'll be really difficult to achieve unless you buy the majority of the team at the end of the game because during the first 4-5 months of FIFA 19 that team would've cost you over 10million coins and that's obviously not including Garrincha and Alberto which could move it to near 12-13million depending on how good Garrincha is.

As to what I would change, that depends on what you want out of the game. Personally, I don't really play competitively or aim for high rankings so I like to use unique players that others tend not to, so a team like this is something I would enjoy using.

However, if I did play competitively then I'd probably be looking at cheaper alternatives to some of the less desirable players like Laudrup, Puyol and Baresi because their prices tend to get inflated when Icon SBC's get released so you'd be paying well over their actual worth. My advice would be to try and pick the cheaper ones up as soon as possible, ideally before any hint of an Icon SBC, and grind towards the expensive ones over the rest of the year.
  • bracaro
    6 posts Ball Boy

How do you know he was a top player if you never saw him play?

Guardiola was a good player

But he was never one of the best midfielders in the world

I don't remember him specifically playing. I do remember the general remarks the press made of him. And I do remeber him on earlier championship manager
  • Selgarr
    971 posts Professional
    swfcfan89 wrote: »

Formation 4-3-3

Manager Pep Guardiola

It's not a bad team to work towards but it'll be really difficult to achieve unless you buy the majority of the team at the end of the game because during the first 4-5 months of FIFA 19 that team would've cost you over 10million coins and that's obviously not including Garrincha and Alberto which could move it to near 12-13million depending on how good Garrincha is.

As to what I would change, that depends on what you want out of the game. Personally, I don't really play competitively or aim for high rankings so I like to use unique players that others tend not to, so a team like this is something I would enjoy using.

However, if I did play competitively then I'd probably be looking at cheaper alternatives to some of the less desirable players like Laudrup, Puyol and Baresi because their prices tend to get inflated when Icon SBC's get released so you'd be paying well over their actual worth. My advice would be to try and pick the cheaper ones up as soon as possible, ideally before any hint of an Icon SBC, and grind towards the expensive ones over the rest of the year.

Yeah it's probably going to cost too much now that I think about it. I don't really play competitively as in trying to get to division 1 or 2 in division rivals (I'm usually between division 5 and 7) and for fut champs the best I can get to is between 6-11 wins. I prefer playing offline a lot against the computer and like trying to win all of the offline divisions.

When I play online its really just to try and complete weekly objectives to get fut swap cards or any player cards.

My main goal for fut 20 is to get Garrincha (if he is in it) and to have a good team around him.

I think I will change some of the prime icons to base or middle icons as they will be cheaper. I will have a think about it and see if I can come up with a good team. Thanks :)
  • Robbo_86
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cantona??
  • Selgarr
    971 posts Professional
    edited August 8
    How about this team? I think it's more achievable and I might try to get this team.

Formation 4-2-4

GK- Yashin 89 - (1950-56) - 1
    LB- Zanetti 87 - (1992-98) - 4
    CB- Desailly 87 - (1992-93) - 6
    CB- Nesta 90 - (1993-2000) - 13
    RB- Puyol 86 - (2000-02) - rb 24
    CM- Hagi 85 - (1986-90) - 10
    CM- Rijkaard 90 - (1988-90) - 8
    LW- Nedved 89 - (1996-01) - 18
    ST- Laudrup 85 - (1985-86) 11
    ST Crespo 87 - (1996-99) - 9
    RW Garrincha ?? (1958-62) 7
  • I think every country has earned 2 Icon (Poland, Turkey, Croatia) and I want David Beckham 100%
  • Davor Suker

Hakan Sükür

Rüstü Recber

Jerzy Dudek

Jürgen Klinsmann

Samuel Kuffour

Freddie Ljungberg

Milan Baros

Andreas Herzog

Jürgen Kohler

Thomas Helmer

Grzegorz Lato

Zbigniew Boniek

• RayS
    soooo are EA actually gonna announce the rest of the new icons? or we just find out on FUTbin once the game goes live :D
  • Skorpio_King
    5060 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    soooo are EA actually gonna announce the rest of the new icons? or we just find out on FUTbin once the game goes live :D

Gamescom is my guess
  • NDJ591
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They are already leaked