patrick vieira help

joehuk
3201 posts National Call-Up
edited June 5
So I completed prime Vieira just before last weekend league.

I'm having issues with his overall positioning.

Playing him CDM - Stay back but for the life of me I can't get him to stay back almost like the instruction is not working.

I've even tried DROP BACK 1 depth against squad battles (Don't worry) just to see what he does and he still tries to get forward constantly, i'm not triggering him to run with LB passes.

I have tried 2 CDM formation with 1 Stay back 1 get forward (Gullit) yet i'm finding Vieira further up than gullit to often I even had Patrick Vieira sprint into ST position for no apparent reason.

really is frustrating me now as I had ballack before who was ALWAYS staying back unless I told him to get forward with LB passes.

Anyone else have this issue? Should I try MAN MARK?

Comments

• Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    The pro players complain about the prime Vieira, you should've went with the 86/88.
  • joehuk
    Well I completed his SBC for less than what his 88 card costs since I'm on the PC prices are silly.

Think I completed his prime for 600 to 700k his 88 is 1.7m lol.

I know there's been some complaints but it does feel his work rates are backwards lol
  • Macca77
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    I suffered likewise when I got him but I think I was subconsciously pressing L1 when I recieved the ball and then when I passed I still held it down which I wasn’t realising and that made him go for the return pass and get forward. He’s been fine since I’ve stopped doing that lol
  • IxToMxI
    5495 posts Big Money Move
    What formation you using? I was using shadow, changed to engine now loads better
  • Macca77
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have shadow on mine and is fine
  • fred1266
    1289 posts Professional
    yea i have the same problem
  • fred1266
    1289 posts Professional
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    What formation you using? I was using shadow, changed to engine now loads better

what you mean by loads better
  • Mr. Soper
    2553 posts Fans' Favourite
    never had an issue guys a rock for me
  • Gripbrah
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I can't complain neither, mine has Engine applied
  • madwullie
    4144 posts National Call-Up
    What issues do the pros have with the prime. Using the 88 atm but considering the sbc
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12957 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm considering the Prime also, but reviews are starting to put me off lol
  • Foxsake
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    The blokes a tank
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    The guys a destroyer. If he gets forward he'll just destroy from there. I've got no issue with him, best cdm in the game. Granted I'm no pro.
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm guessing pros are complaining because they don't want to come up against a vieira every wl game.
  • Poolstu123
    714 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Biggest let down of the year for me
  • Longbow
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He stays back alright for me unless triggered by me with L1. Honestly I can’t be more pleased with him. That confidence he brings when going in for tackles is priceless.
  • Jonboyparker
    5268 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 6
    He bombs forwards. I don’t know why but he does it. Tbf he did it in real life. I think it’s just a matter of getting used to him if I’m honest.

He is a rock when he does stay in position but like every part of this game, it just doesn’t make sense. When you’ve used him a lot, you get used to where he will be and then you plan accordingly. He’s still great. I hope this makes sense
  • joehuk
    edited June 6
    IxToMxI wrote: »

I've tried 41212 narrow with engine
    I've tried 4231 with shadow
    I've tried 4222 with shadow
    I've tried 4312 with shadow as CM.

All same similar results.
    Macca77 wrote: »
    I suffered likewise when I got him but I think I was subconsciously pressing L1 when I recieved the ball and then when I passed I still held it down which I wasn’t realising and that made him go for the return pass and get forward. He’s been fine since I’ve stopped doing that lol

Maybe... But I'm pretty sure I'm not doing so as I was playing some passes between r94,cruyff, gullit then all of a sudden r94 drops deep and Patrick V charges forward into his position, when I play some.games today I'll see what happens.
    He bombs forwards. I don’t know why but he does it. Tbf he did it in real life. I think it’s just a matter of getting used to him if I’m honest.

He is a rock when he does stay in position but like every part of this game, it just doesn’t make sense. When you’ve used him a lot, you get used to where he will be and then you plan accordingly. He’s still great. I hope this makes sense

Yeah I kind feel this could be the case and probably what separates icons from normal cards in some cases.

Can't remember him.doing this last year tho, obviously different games.
  • Jonboyparker
    5268 posts Big Money Move
    Also... might be worth looking at your CT’s. I find if you have 5+ bars for get in to the box my midfields get forwards more.

This wasn’t a feature last year and may affect different workrates. I’ve put mine on 3/4 but that’s because I’m using him at CM in 4411
  • joehuk
    Also... might be worth looking at your CT’s. I find if you have 5+ bars for get in to the box my midfields get forwards more.

This wasn’t a feature last year and may affect different workrates. I’ve put mine on 3/4 but that’s because I’m using him at CM in 4411

thank you i'll give this ago.

I've left all attacking on default really.