So ready to demolish ''Elite'' players in FIFA 20

Comments

• Jeyj38
    1236 posts Professional
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    You guys are trusting EA too much. Don’t believe it until you see it.

Last chance for ea for me.

Yeah last chance until ps5 ;)
  • SPN1987
    2100 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

PS5 / new Xbox + worldwide FP ban might save FIFA. I can't wait for a worldwide FP ban creating a level playing field. :/
  • PelzyWelzy
    9451 posts League Winner
    Whilst i understand exactly why people do get excited at the prospect of a ‘better Fifa’, fact of the matter is that year after year after year at around this time we’re spoon fed the same old drivel from EA with regards to upcoming changes.... which do never and will never happen.

They’ve just done it differently this time round and essentially rebranded what would’ve been a standard press release or statement in the guise of “Pitch Notes”, and of course people have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

It’s nothing we’ve not heard before and this time next year we’ll be hearing it again, there’ll just be some other broken mechanics that needs fixing.

It’s the Fifa cycle.

And OP, on defending - whether you care to admit it or not everyone receives the same level of AI assistance whilst defending. Sure, people bleat on about their supposed manual defending styles but you’ve got to remember that the only reason you’re afforded the ability to adopt a more manual approach is because your other defenders behave the way they do.

You can only control one defender at a time - dumb them down too much and what do you think will happen then? It’ll make those of us who take control of our CB’s regularly better players instantly? It just won’t... It’s not possible to control 4 players manually at once, let alone 10 which it would appear people are crying out for.

I hate FIFA 19, I think it’s a shambolic game and deserves no praise whatsoever, EA are interested in nothing but our money and will go to any lengths to get it... but there are fine balancing acts with regards to things like defending, and football simulations in general, which need to be taken in to consideration.

Sadly for us, EA simply aren’t competent enough to get it right.
  • SPN1987
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Whilst i understand exactly why people do get excited at the prospect of a ‘better Fifa’, fact of the matter is that year after year after year at around this time we’re spoon fed the same old drivel from EA with regards to upcoming changes.... which do never and will never happen.

They’ve just done it differently this time round and essentially rebranded what would’ve been a standard press release or statement in the guise of “Pitch Notes”, and of course people have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

It’s nothing we’ve not heard before and this time next year we’ll be hearing it again, there’ll just be some other broken mechanics that needs fixing.

It’s the Fifa cycle.

And OP, on defending - whether you care to admit it or not everyone receives the same level of AI assistance whilst defending. Sure, people bleat on about their supposed manual defending styles but you’ve got to remember that the only reason you’re afforded the ability to adopt a more manual approach is because your other defenders behave the way they do.

You can only control one defender at a time - dumb them down too much and what do you think will happen then? It’ll make those of us who take control of our CB’s regularly better players instantly? It just won’t... It’s not possible to control 4 players manually at once, let alone 10 which it would appear people are crying out for.

I hate FIFA 19, I think it’s a shambolic game and deserves no praise whatsoever, EA are interested in nothing but our money and will go to any lengths to get it... but there are fine balancing acts with regards to things like defending, and football simulations in general, which need to be taken in to consideration.

Not sure what you're trying to say about only being able to select one player at a time. FIFA is a football game where good decisions should be rewarded and bad decisions should be punished. But that just isn't the case at all this year. Like there is a complete lack of common sense plus terrible mechanics, animations, inconsistent gameplay etc in FIFA. You can't even dribble properly because the awful mechanics doesn't allow you to, to get past a player for example.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    There will be new or other exploits in fifa20

Those elite now will figure it out and stay elite.

Those who are **** now (not elite) and be Moaning still about other things

Nothing will change
  • SPN1987

Nothing will change

I am Elite and still moaning. Winning or losing is pretty irrelevant. Just **** off.
  • Renamed123456
    4462 posts Big Money Move
    SPN1987 wrote: »

PS5 / new Xbox + worldwide FP ban might save FIFA. I can't wait for a worldwide FP ban creating a level playing field. :/

Won't happen.

They'll find a new way to achieve the same result.

Maybe they'll start selling kits. Or selling guaranteed packs "5 80-83 rated. 2 84-86 players. 1 87+ player"

Still random but less so. They could even add league lock to it to make it even more specific.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite

Nothing will change

I am Elite and still moaning. Winning or losing is pretty irrelevant. Just **** off.

Someone’s on her period
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3267 posts National Call-Up
    I wouldn't be too optimistic. With the amount of planned changes and EAs rate of success, it would be a miracle if they'd get something right. Think about it, EA is notoriously known for their incompetence and scummy MO. They will also do everything in their power to keep and promote the p2w aspect.

P2w must be greatly diminished before the game can be enjoyable. The delayed gameplay must be resolved too.
  • Greezyweezy101
    1037 posts Professional
    There will be over powered mechanics
    There will be glitches
    Fifa 20 will be exploitable

Like every other year, the best players will be the best abusers.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10499 posts Has That Special Something

It’s the Fifa cycle.

My man @PelzyWelzy speaks sense.
  • OZero
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    Community - this is our last Fifa!
    EA - Thanks for your money.

Happens every year
  • Retropoe82
    438 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tbh..im not a skilled player. I manually defend. I smash first time shots. Yes in real life too one of my best goals was a weak foot shot an i just let it rip.
    Other then that its simple football pass, move score.
    Ive never ever seen a game of football where is sweaty skill move after skill move to the point you cant touch the player.
    I'm Gold 3-2 level. Whats killed this game this year is skill move exploits an ai defending.. shooting ive never ever thought that overpowered( apart from cb's smashing overhead kicks) blah blah. We all had it the same
    I hope fifa 20 is more realistic. Less skill moves or harder to pull off. Defending manual or bring back legacy. Shooting back to like it was on 18.
  • Dinksy
    1988 posts Fans' Favourite
    the game still rewards those who manually defend when it comes to interceptions/tackles. The only issue I have with AI defensive capabilities is with regards to blocking shots. Also, there is still quite a considerable skill gap, but I think a decent amount of it comes from your mental ability to play through any bs that occurs and not get frustrated at the game, and subsequently not allowing your skill level to drop.
  • Renamed123456
    4462 posts Big Money Move
    Dinksy wrote: »
    the game still rewards those who manually defend when it comes to interceptions/tackles. The only issue I have with AI defensive capabilities is with regards to blocking shots. Also, there is still quite a considerable skill gap, but I think a decent amount of it comes from your mental ability to play through any bs that occurs and not get frustrated at the game, and subsequently not allowing your skill level to drop.

How do you play through 3 yard tapins going wide, players not executing shoot or pass instructions in box, and 5 deflection tackle defenders moving out of way bs?

I'd like to know. Doesn't seem possible.
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up

It’s the Fifa cycle.

What was wrong with the defending about 5-6 years ago before they added all this assist in defence when u actually had to make a tackle or block and players did not do an aerobics step they now call manual tackling
  • golazo
    1290 posts Play-Off Hero
    To think EA will actually give us good gameplay is a losing game. They will squeeze anything related that makes money until points are illegal. Game won’t be good until than.
  • leon1309
    4198 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 6
    I am more ready than ever before to destroy ppl getting Elite this year, thinking they are actually good at FIFA. A lot of them haven't got a clue wtf they are doing but the game is doing all of the work for them. Since this is by far the least skilled FIFA I have ever played in my life. I don't rate you as a player being in division 1 or division 5 or something. It literally has very little to do with how skilled you are at playing football. I can not wait till FIFA 20 actually exposes those ''imposters''. I feel like this years edition is the only FIFA ever created you can become an Elite player at in a few months time, while never ever having touched FIFA before in your life. Since there is a severe lack of a decent skill gap. The game is designed for idiots :s Anyone agree with me and feel the same?

And you actually think 20 Will be different? Go check what EA was trolling us before 19 was released.

P.s.
    Phone Word change...but I Will Leave it as it Kind of fits.
  • Don_seanado
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am more ready than ever before to destroy ppl getting Elite this year, thinking they are actually good at FIFA. A lot of them haven't got a clue wtf they are doing but the game is doing all of the work for them. Since this is by far the least skilled FIFA I have ever played in my life. I don't rate you as a player being in division 1 or division 5 or something. It literally has very little to do with how skilled you are at playing football. I can not wait till FIFA 20 actually exposes those ''imposters''. I feel like this years edition is the only FIFA ever created you can become an Elite player at in a few months time, while never ever having touched FIFA before in your life. Since there is a severe lack of a decent skill gap. The game is designed for idiots :s Anyone agree with me and feel the same?

the problem starts here, you've already decided to buy the game despite them releasing the WORST possible installment of the game to date after 3 FAILED years of putting out the game lol. Clearly something has to change in that regard.
  • BernaLeo87
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    Boerieboys wrote: »
    Don't buy Fifa 20!

• PelzyWelzy
    9451 posts League Winner
    Williejno1 wrote: »

It’s the Fifa cycle.

What was wrong with the defending about 5-6 years ago before they added all this assist in defence when u actually had to make a tackle or block and players did not do an aerobics step they now call manual tackling

They were definitely FUT’s glory days, but the game was a lot different back then in many aspects.

It was a lot simpler for one - silver players were capable of competing with high end cards (in fact back in 12-13 most ran with silver teams, and they were often more expensive than desirable gold counterparts), simple ways to score like lobbed through balls and I think it was crosses in 13 were rife...

... main difference though is that the game just wasn’t analysed in the same way it is now, where every single aspect is picked apart with a fine tooth comb on YouTube etc. I absolutely assure you if the same level of detail, coverage, tutorial videos etc was around back then that all the editions we remember fondly would be tainted. We just didn’t truly know what was broken to the extent we do now where everyone knows the most effective was to both score and defend.

Fifa still had the fun factor back then too, when winning and rewards weren’t the be all and end all.. it’s just not like that any more though.

Whatever EA change this community is still going to pick it apart until we are where we find ourselves now.. asking for whatever it is to be patched and so on, so forth.

As much as I despise EA, and I really do, am not sure they can win here :joy:

• Mmandras
    2036 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not going to burst your bubbles, but people who are efficient in mechanic abuse this year are most likely to continue so in the next installment.
  • Anarki301
    305 posts Sunday League Hero

You can only control one defender at a time - dumb them down too much and what do you think will happen then?

Nobody with any sense wants them to dumb down ai, it's already pretty dumb, if anything they need to up the parts of ai defending, like ai movement and ai positioning, but in the ai reactions department, oh boy, we need a big change there, which I don't think it will happen, at least not at the level some people expecting them to do, but even if it stays somewhat similar to now, if they do defense of the controlled player correctly, it would be possible to have a better feel of the game and we might have more control on the pitch, which would be a big step from the mess we have this year, like others said, nutmegs are a huge problem for me and my common sense, so, any improvement there can go a long way for me.
  • SPN1987
    Anarki301 wrote: »

You can only control one defender at a time - dumb them down too much and what do you think will happen then?

Nobody with any sense wants them to dumb down ai, it's already pretty dumb, if anything they need to up the parts of ai defending, like ai movement and ai positioning, but in the ai reactions department, oh boy, we need a big change there, which I don't think it will happen, at least not at the level some people expecting them to do, but even if it stays somewhat similar to now, if they do defense of the controlled player correctly, it would be possible to have a better feel of the game and we might have more control on the pitch, which would be a big step from the mess we have this year, like others said, nutmegs are a huge problem for me and my common sense, so, any improvement there can go a long way for me.

I totally agree. You need to be much more vulnerable facing an attacker in a 1v1 when letting the AI do all of the work for you. Like actually predicting what opponent is going to do while covering space and possibly timing a correct tackle. It should be much easier to get past an AI controller defender. Nowadays ppl press the contain button, which makes your AI mirror every opponents move imaginable. It is just too stupid to be true.🙄
  • Saekerhett
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don't care for high ratings in the WL or DR anymore, I just want to get better, so I'm practicing manual defending with quick manual pressing with my CB if my opponent starts to dribble forward. That feeling you get when you put your TOTS VVD quickly forward to bump Neymar or Mbappe to the ground when he didn't expect that at all is very satisfying :lol:
  • Anarki301
    305 posts Sunday League Hero

I totally agree. You need to be much more vulnerable facing an attacker in a 1v1 when letting the AI do all of the work for you. Like actually predicting what opponent is going to do while covering space and possibly timing a correct tackle. It should be much easier to get past an AI controller defender. Nowadays ppl press the contain button, which makes your AI mirror every opponents move imaginable. It is just too stupid to be true.🙄

Exactly, it just doesn't make any sense, and for the auto contain button, how that can even be in the game in the first place is beyond me.
  • tom4s
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special

The playing field wont be level though. Money and time are the two things you can spend to gain a squad advantage. People will just complain about having to quit their day time job if they are to have a chance at getting a good squad.
  • Paulopudasso
    1052 posts Professional
    edited June 6
    You lot actually believe they are going to fix it rather than take your money and do what they done since fifa 98 the last good fifa and keep taking our money and saying f**k you to the people who pay their wages, what makes you think this year is going to be different
  • TheTataGuy
    1125 posts Professional

Xbox :)))))))
  • SPN1987
    tom4s wrote: »

The playing field wont be level though. Money and time are the two things you can spend to gain a squad advantage. People will just complain about having to quit their day time job if they are to have a chance at getting a good squad.

Only fair if someone is investing more time in the game to have a better squad. But at the end of the day skill should be the decisive factor to either win or lose.