Gullit or Pele?

QceCapo
5601 posts Big Money Move
Guess now is the time to take the dive.....Always wanted one of the two and never had the luxury....After Thursday I'll be able to do either....and its about end game.....

Which one though??

I run two 4-4-2 squads on rotation, missing a target man on one of those.....

Thanks in advance....

Comments

  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 4
    Gullit.

    You say you’re missing a target main that certainly ain’t Pele
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    sheffutd87 wrote: »
    Gullit.

    You say you’re missing a target main that certainly ain’t Pele

    Pele has always been my goal though....that's why I'm torn.....
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've taken a look at these two as well...just always feels like Pele disappears or gets swallowed up in the same way that Maradonna does when I play against him. I'm sure he's great though and if you enjoyed using him you'd get that much more out of him.
  • bhafc1901
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gullit
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    update. Went Gullit. 1/3 of the way through.
  • BeerInsured
    62 posts Park Captain
    I just completed Gullit and I am not disappointed, fired some rockets outside the box and was pushing defenders off him.
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    I just completed Gullit and I am not disappointed, fired some rockets outside the box and was pushing defenders off him.

    Good to hear! Anything good from the packs?
  • Kiido
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    Like others said, Gullit. Was really in doubt aswell as he cost so much but he's a monster CM. He's had a big impact on my team and best contribution for a CM to date for me.

    Might be different as a CAM but I would stay go with Gullit. Pele can be a great player, a joy to play with when everything is running smooth and you are battering your opponent. But when things are going south he's the first to vanish and that's where players like Gullit make a difference.
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Kiido wrote: »
    Like others said, Gullit. Was really in doubt aswell as he cost so much but he's a monster CM. He's had a big impact on my team and best contribution for a CM to date for me.

    Might be different as a CAM but I would stay go with Gullit. Pele can be a great player, a joy to play with when everything is running smooth and you are battering your opponent. But when things are going south he's the first to vanish and that's where players like Gullit make a difference.

    That’s what I figure and he can fill in up top for me while I reload...draining the squads at a rapid rate :s
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Welp...that was way more overpriced than I thought.....I had to mortgage El Matador and his 484 appearances and all of my pretty untradeables.....all of my sellable 84+ items are gone. All of my Ifs.....

    Cost me about 900k in coins on top of it.

    I had 13k coins when I was all done.......


    But I got Gullit. Sitting in my club with not a whole lot around him......a fractured La Liga side with NIF Ramos, TOTS Djane, TOTS Rodri and TOTS Pablo Hernandez....and that's about it.

    I've been running a basic 4-4-2 all season...

    Put him up top at striker or CM/CDM in the 4-4-2?

  • regia5bg
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    QceCapo wrote: »
    Guess now is the time to take the dive.....Always wanted one of the two and never had the luxury....After Thursday I'll be able to do either....and its about end game.....

    Which one though??

    I run two 4-4-2 squads on rotation, missing a target man on one of those.....

    Thanks in advance....

    They're too different to compare.

    I've seen you're doing Gullit, and to be honest not being too technical/skillful, and liking tall players, Gullit has always been one of my favourite ideal player.

    I'm 12/14 on his SBC, just missing regulars 88/89 SBCs (no money troubles, I just need some time to finish them optimizing the use of my untradable special players).
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Lord Bendtner the king of kings
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    regia5bg wrote: »
    QceCapo wrote: »
    Guess now is the time to take the dive.....Always wanted one of the two and never had the luxury....After Thursday I'll be able to do either....and its about end game.....

    Which one though??

    I run two 4-4-2 squads on rotation, missing a target man on one of those.....

    Thanks in advance....

    They're too different to compare.

    I've seen you're doing Gullit, and to be honest not being too technical/skillful, and liking tall players, Gullit has always been one of my favourite ideal player.

    I'm 12/14 on his SBC, just missing regulars 88/89 SBCs (no money troubles, I just need some time to finish them optimizing the use of my untradable special players).

    I went Gullit and now just need to decide what position he's going to play....
  • DaniLeal
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I did Gullit yesterday and I am playing him CCAM on 4231! He is great with engine! The only thing that I am noticing is that he is my only player that is tired after 70 minutes.

    Still deciding if I play him at CCAM with tots wijnaldum and tots goretzka as cdms or play him as CDM with Goretzka and EOE Ribery at CAM
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    DaniLeal wrote: »
    I did Gullit yesterday and I am playing him CCAM on 4231! He is great with engine! The only thing that I am noticing is that he is my only player that is tired after 70 minutes.

    Still deciding if I play him at CCAM with tots wijnaldum and tots goretzka as cdms or play him as CDM with Goretzka and EOE Ribery at CAM

    that's wild his Stamina is a 95 bro....
  • Staxdoobie
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    QceCapo wrote: »
    Welp...that was way more overpriced than I thought.....I had to mortgage El Matador and his 484 appearances and all of my pretty untradeables.....all of my sellable 84+ items are gone. All of my Ifs.....

    Cost me about 900k in coins on top of it.

    I had 13k coins when I was all done.......


    But I got Gullit. Sitting in my club with not a whole lot around him......a fractured La Liga side with NIF Ramos, TOTS Djane, TOTS Rodri and TOTS Pablo Hernandez....and that's about it.

    I've been running a basic 4-4-2 all season...

    Put him up top at striker or CM/CDM in the 4-4-2?

    They do absolutely ransack your club, these Icon SBCs, don't they! I did George Best a few days ago (who's nowhere near as expensive as Gullit), then spent a good few minutes just staring at the desolate wasteland of my club and the wretched survivors. Followed by a bout of buyer remorse.
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    QceCapo wrote: »
    Welp...that was way more overpriced than I thought.....I had to mortgage El Matador and his 484 appearances and all of my pretty untradeables.....all of my sellable 84+ items are gone. All of my Ifs.....

    Cost me about 900k in coins on top of it.

    I had 13k coins when I was all done.......


    But I got Gullit. Sitting in my club with not a whole lot around him......a fractured La Liga side with NIF Ramos, TOTS Djane, TOTS Rodri and TOTS Pablo Hernandez....and that's about it.

    I've been running a basic 4-4-2 all season...

    Put him up top at striker or CM/CDM in the 4-4-2?

    They do absolutely ransack your club, these Icon SBCs, don't they! I did George Best a few days ago (who's nowhere near as expensive as Gullit), then spent a good few minutes just staring at the desolate wasteland of my club and the wretched survivors. Followed by a bout of buyer remorse.

    Hahahha you just said it.....my whole club is in shambles now I am wondering what to do and how to even play him.....just tiny bit of remorse right now....I miss my El Matador already.
  • regia5bg
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    QceCapo wrote: »
    DaniLeal wrote: »
    I did Gullit yesterday and I am playing him CCAM on 4231! He is great with engine! The only thing that I am noticing is that he is my only player that is tired after 70 minutes.

    Still deciding if I play him at CCAM with tots wijnaldum and tots goretzka as cdms or play him as CDM with Goretzka and EOE Ribery at CAM

    that's wild his Stamina is a 95 bro....

    CAM is the player I consume more energy too.

    Using KDB TOTY he's always the most tired player, but anyway able to play without troubles until the end.

    Never forget you can also move player like him or Gullit as holding midfielder (if you use a shadow chemistry, that in both cases is imho the best, considering it maximizes pace too).
  • regia5bg
    762 posts Semi-Pro
    QceCapo wrote: »
    regia5bg wrote: »
    QceCapo wrote: »
    Guess now is the time to take the dive.....Always wanted one of the two and never had the luxury....After Thursday I'll be able to do either....and its about end game.....

    Which one though??

    I run two 4-4-2 squads on rotation, missing a target man on one of those.....

    Thanks in advance....

    They're too different to compare.

    I've seen you're doing Gullit, and to be honest not being too technical/skillful, and liking tall players, Gullit has always been one of my favourite ideal player.

    I'm 12/14 on his SBC, just missing regulars 88/89 SBCs (no money troubles, I just need some time to finish them optimizing the use of my untradable special players).

    I went Gullit and now just need to decide what position he's going to play....

    That'll be my "problem" too.

    Chemistry style shadow, no matter the position.

    I'll probably test him both as striker and defensive midfielder.

    I know it's probably not the best for him, but I'd like o field him as def.mid instead of Ballack Prime (that is not anymore adequate to the situation), so that I'll be able to use KDB TOTY as attacking midfielder and Auba + Son/Laca as forwards (with B.Silva + Laca/Son as winger).

    I'll test him before as striker instead of Son as he'll join the team as CF, but in Fut18 I highly enjoyed him as def.midfielder (at that time playing with Son TOTS and Rashford as wingers, Alli TOTS as att.mid, Kane and Salah as FWs).
  • Amdp9
    2911 posts National Call-Up
    I had a choice last month to add either 98 Pele or 93 Gullit SBC, to join my R96 and CR-7 I end up choosing Pele, Not regretting since during WL I go against teams with 93 Gullit, Pele out pace the other team, I would say no to Gullit, get a pacy striker and live with him, Fifa is all about pace. Since this patch is all about Timed finish, Pele is perfect for that

    Pele:
    Pace 8/10
    Shooting 9/10
    Dribbling 9/10
    Positioning 10/10
    Finnesse 10/10
    Defending 8/10 (specially CAM when you instruct him to stay forward and get into the box) he plays mid and my RCM play at CAM lol

    remember you can always get any other CDM
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    I had a choice last month to add either 98 Pele or 93 Gullit SBC, to join my R96 and CR-7 I end up choosing Pele, Not regretting since during WL I go against teams with 93 Gullit, Pele out pace the other team, I would say no to Gullit, get a pacy striker and live with him, Fifa is all about pace. Since this patch is all about Timed finish, Pele is perfect for that

    Pele:
    Pace 8/10
    Shooting 9/10
    Dribbling 9/10
    Positioning 10/10
    Finnesse 10/10
    Defending 8/10 (specially CAM when you instruct him to stay forward and get into the box) he plays mid and my RCM play at CAM lol

    remember you can always get any other CDM

    Pele will be the FUT 20 goal I guess....Gullit seemed more versatile and more bang for my buck.
  • bobigol
    17 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Batistuta
  • bobigol
    17 posts Last Pick at the Park
    FUT is garbage every team has the same players
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    I had a choice last month to add either 98 Pele or 93 Gullit SBC, to join my R96 and CR-7 I end up choosing Pele, Not regretting since during WL I go against teams with 93 Gullit, Pele out pace the other team, I would say no to Gullit, get a pacy striker and live with him, Fifa is all about pace. Since this patch is all about Timed finish, Pele is perfect for that

    Pele:
    Pace 8/10
    Shooting 9/10
    Dribbling 9/10
    Positioning 10/10
    Finnesse 10/10
    Defending 8/10 (specially CAM when you instruct him to stay forward and get into the box) he plays mid and my RCM play at CAM lol

    remember you can always get any other CDM

    no other cdm is as good as gullit, dont play yourself.
Sign In or Register to comment.