For FIFA 20, what's your expectation and bottom line?

Richie827
383 posts Sunday League Hero
:)

Comments

• Mr_Smith89
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As much as fifa 19 angers and disgusts me, I will purchase fifa 20 but having very low expectations. If them expectations aren’t reached then that’ll be the last fifa I’ll buy. Surely it can’t get worse right lol? It would be ideal if they just turned off the scripting or dynamic difficulty adjustment crap, whatever they call it, fixed the obvious bugs in gameplay, kept starheads and other content up to date during the season and revamped career mode.
  • The_Mule11
    7 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 4
    This is what people do every single year. They continue to buy EA's games despite the company's blazen lack of concern for consumer complaints. Their data collection and analyses are so good that they know they don't need to make everyone happy to sell future games. People will still buy them and then they can add thousands more microtransactions, a juvenile gambling system, to squeeze every last penny out of those people's pockets. It's all about their bottom line. Profit. Creating quality games is just an incidental byproduct of their greedy company ethos, and it's a byproduct that rarely actually manifests. They still make a fortune either way.
  • Mr_Smith89
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    True, although I don’t play online or that crappy FUT, never tried it and never will. All I’m interested in is career mode and fifa 20 would be the last straw for me if there were to me no vast improvements, especially if the gameplay continued to be this much of a shambles.
  • p0larh4wk
    79 posts Park Captain
    No expectations what so ever. Nill. i mostly play career mode and ea doesnt giveba fuuu about us career players. I probably wont buy the game for that very reason and im honestly waiting for someone else to make a proper game with a functional career mode cause im sick and tired of ea ripping us off. Ea can take their broken game and shove it. I wont even buy it on 60 or 70% discount. Even 15$ would be too much for their broken worthless product.
  • DarkMakoEyes
    50 posts Park Captain
    I am going to buy it until it has reached $20.00 mark.

This game is a Scam.
  • Benja190782
    1132 posts Professional
    My expectations are that EA realise that football is not unrealistic ping pong passing, stupid first time shots, broken kickoff goals and in general stupid assisted gameplay in therms of AI defending, with auto and auto shielding. Awful AI attacking which leads players to auto shoot or auto head on goal.

The entire gameplay is so assisted it’s never gonna feel rewarding, because we all know we didn’t do good.

EA did it...

Change this approach and FIFA 20 will be a masterpiece. But EA have to nerf all assists.

It’s time to play some good football.
  • Shaanxz
    20088 posts Club Captain
    Not expecting much till next gen
  • Richie827
    Do you guys think that if this game were less assisted EA would lose many customers?
  • Empyrium7
    2637 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't think it will be any different to FIFA 19 with different broken mechanics and incompetent communication from EA.
  • Richie827
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    I don't think it will be any different to FIFA 19 with different broken mechanics and incompetent communication from EA.

More like no communication at all.
  • Richie827

• Benja190782
    1132 posts Professional
    Richie827 wrote: »
    Do you guys think that if this game were less assisted EA would lose many customers?

Not at all. People will realise that a game about football is much more fun and rewarding, than a game of exploits.

So not a problem at all.
  • I think EA sports should have a completely new kick off mode that will allow players to control referees. It can be like a 1V1 mode but a third controller(person) that controls the referees. I think that would be another awesome mode
  • African11
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Improvements in Career mode, although I don't really expect much
  • Chriswhiteisright
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    African11 wrote: »

Improvements all round.

My biggest moan this year has been the passing, It's been atrocious all I want it to do is go the way I push the fu*king stick and for it to travel more than 2 yards when you need it to.
    Also the tactics, don't get me wrong they are a good idea but the high line and constant pressure with aggressive interseptions ruins the game for me it's too powerful yeah maybe good for short periods but you cant play that way for 90 mins in real life so the game should reflect that.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    None. I've lost all faith they can produce something worth buying. Unless that game comes out on a new engine to positive reviews and is discounted to at least half, I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole!
  • Bellstar23
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Richie827 wrote: »

You get communication, only threatening too ban you from the forum. Probably gave up with that by now too though. Never mind sure there will be another SBC out later and 100% will still be able to purchase fifa points.
  • hooligan87
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why does the computer decide to be an accurate shot or pass? Why does computer decides to be a goal in the 90th minute or not! Why can't we control our own shots or passes? This is the biggest problem of sports games!
  • hooligan87
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There is a rumor that they can add Fifa Street. There will be a continuation of the Journey mode. What for?! The gameplay is very bad! Career mode, Pro clubs mode is absolutely not developed! That's what developers need to do!
  • Sm0key_J0e
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    My expectations are none because FIFA has had hackers on the PC version for at least 5 years now and they have not bothered to tix it.
    As for the game in general, gameplay should be fair but this would reduce pack sales.
    Therefore, EA will not do anything about it.

I will not buy FIFA 20.
  • Richie827
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    My expectations are none because FIFA has had hackers on the PC version for at least 5 years now and they have not bothered to tix it.
    As for the game in general, gameplay should be fair but this would reduce pack sales.
    Therefore, EA will not do anything about it.

I will not buy FIFA 20.

We will see what FIFA 20 turns out to be.If It's bad I won't buy it but I will find a way to play it.😏
  • Tzatziki78
    74 posts Park Captain
    Come on guys....

1. Release amazing demo everyone is talking about how good it feels.
    2. Add handicapping / scripting into the full game codes.
    3. Keep patching the game throughout the year making it worse and worse.
    4. Everyone starts complaining about the game.
    5. People start talking about FIFA 21 hoping it will be better than the crap we were sold.

If people don't stop buying FIFA points nothing will ever change
  • Tzatziki78
    74 posts Park Captain
    edited July 10
    African11 wrote: »

Improvements all round.

My biggest moan this year has been the passing, It's been atrocious all I want it to do is go the way I push the [Removed - CM] stick and for it to travel more than 2 yards when you need it to.
    Also the tactics, don't get me wrong they are a good idea but the high line and constant pressure with aggressive interseptions ruins the game for me it's too powerful yeah maybe good for short periods but you cant play that way for 90 mins in real life so the game should reflect that.

Me too man... My passing has been appalling non stop. U make these beautiful moves on the field, feel like u Barca, only for the move to be destroyed cos of the final most simple pass being [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Daveangel
    78 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa 20 will be no different to 19 have u ever played a football game were the ai defends for u it’s taken the art out of playing football
    Gameplay will be same so no point in entertaining it really all we want is a game that works
    You’re talking like they do such a good job normally 😂😂
    Fifa been pants since 15 so I don’t hold much confidence for 20