Need some CT help and or advice on how to be compact.

Cadey 5
10382 posts Has That Special Something
Since I upgraded my team I am chasing shadows it's gotten to the point I every attack they have the freedom of the pitch and i don't know how to stop it, I have never been great at defending but I am now shifting 3 goals a game.

case in point:

BlackandwhiteKnobbyCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

Maybe I have player switched too much but I am never anywhere near him whilst he ping pongs at his leisure, yet when I attack there is a brick wall of 6 men minimum with players like Henry slide tackling to intercept the ball.

since I upgraded my team I have dropped from 2350 points to 2127 :)

Comments

• Finesse_4days
    6837 posts Big Money Move
    I am not that great ( Gold 1 WL around 2050 in Rivals) but I can see you are over committing and playing far too aggressively, you shouldn't pull your CBS out and you should jockey with your CDMS to cut the passing lane out instead of trying to win the ball straight away. I also wouldn't even bother allying pressure high up the pitch when you are pressing with just one player, sometimes just moving your players into the correct positions to intercept a pass is better than sprinting at a good player who will easily pass around you. Let the opposition have the ball 40 yards out don't over press just wait for a mistake and watch for the pass into a wide player on the corner of the box for the first time finesse.
  • Cadey 5
    I am not that great ( Gold 1 WL around 2050 in Rivals) but I can see you are over committing and playing far too aggressively, you shouldn't pull your CBS out and you should jockey with your CDMS to cut the passing lane out instead of trying to win the ball straight away. I also wouldn't even bother allying pressure high up the pitch when you are pressing with just one player, sometimes just moving your players into the correct positions to intercept a pass is better than sprinting at a good player who will easily pass around you. Let the opposition have the ball 40 yards out don't over press just wait for a mistake and watch for the pass into a wide player on the corner of the box for the first time finesse.

I have finished G1 in every WL i have played all 40 for apart from the one just gone 19-11 maybe I have been over playing and it's got to me think I am 80 games in since last saturday, trying to get R9 to work for me in various formations.
  • Finesse_4days
    6837 posts Big Money Move
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

I have finished G1 in every WL i have played all 40 for apart from the one just gone 19-11 maybe I have been over playing and it's got to me think I am 80 games in since last saturday, trying to get R9 to work for me in various formations.

Sometimes I find when I play too much I start to play awful, maybe after a day or two without playing you will play better.
  • TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero

Agree with this

If you look at what the other guy is doing he’s just moving the ball quickly. He’s playing the next pass before the current one has been completed.

When you press against this style of player it gives him the space he wants. Step off and make him break you down.

Cut passing lanes and jockey. Don't always feel you need to be controlling the player nearest the ball.

Finally bringing your CB out like that and not winning the ball is suicide.

You look like a player on full tilt in the small clip you’ve shown there. Your results clearly show you’re a decent player. Relax and show that class 👍🏻
  • Keano
    12710 posts Has That Special Something
    You're rushing players at them way to much mate, this game is all about sitting a bit more conservatively & waiting for the right tackle... (or just letting the AI do it, as boring as it is).

Commiting those defenders as you do, the majority of Gold players would tear you apart in that video, I know i'd be loving someone committing like that, i'd be expecting a first half RQ.

@Cadey 5
  • Cadey 5
    Keano wrote: »
    You're rushing players at them way to much mate, this game is all about sitting a bit more conservatively & waiting for the right tackle... (or just letting the AI do it, as boring as it is).

Commiting those defenders as you do, the majority of Gold players would tear you apart in that video, I know i'd be loving someone committing like that, i'd be expecting a first half RQ.

@Cadey 5

Think my R9 disappointment getting the best of me.