How often to second man Press??

Daddy
5748 posts Big Money Move
I am trying to improve my defending and want to know from best as to how often to second man press and in what situations?

Comments

• MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    A little dab will do ya
  • ColeWorld
    15361 posts World Class
    Everytime because I run around with my strikers in defense
  • Headshrinker363
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    Never
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    I usually use it to cover space, say I pull a CB to press and make a tackle will use second man press as the second man usually starts running towards you covering the gap the CB leaves which is usually where they will pass to
  • HullCity1904
    3012 posts National Call-Up
    i do it too much and it screws me over
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    i do it too much and it screws me over

You and me both I can see the spaces I’m leaving but can’t help myself
  • CustardHippo
    3278 posts National Call-Up
    Very much depends on the situation, and if you manually defend you have to use it to cover gaps as inevitably you'll move a player out of position to get a tackle or cut a pass. If you double up on someone, and the other player is reasonable, expect to have the ball swiftly played into the hole created by the second man pressing.

I like to use it to get a full back or winger to cover back faster whilst I cut the pass or cross with the CB or CDM. I find the AI will run faster than me sprinting for some reason. Then when he is back I can switch to bet the tackle in.

If you let the AI defend you'll never need that button.
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    Daddy wrote: »
    I am trying to improve my defending and want to know from best as to how often to second man press and in what situations?

Find a balance bcuz it will leave major gaps.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    Everytime because I run around with my strikers in defense

Those people that message you after the game because you spent the whole game passing it around trying to get past their strikers playing as a 3rd CDM. Then when they win the ball back they have nobody up field so they inevitably lose it right away and message you calling you boring. Erm... ok.
  • starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    Use it seldom and when losing a game and need to press the issue to try and claw your way back into the game.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Never use it when the ball is on the wing and you're not controlling th3 full back.
  • RadioShaq
    19660 posts Moderator
    I use it when someone is wasting time. People will say do nothing or just hold the contain or second man contain the whole game but never seen that work.
  • Derryboy1893
    3595 posts National Call-Up
    Very much depends on the situation, and if you manually defend you have to use it to cover gaps as inevitably you'll move a player out of position to get a tackle or cut a pass. If you double up on someone, and the other player is reasonable, expect to have the ball swiftly played into the hole created by the second man pressing.

I like to use it to get a full back or winger to cover back faster whilst I cut the pass or cross with the CB or CDM. I find the AI will run faster than me sprinting for some reason. Then when he is back I can switch to bet the tackle in.

If you let the AI defend you'll never need that button.

This and also I find if I switch to the guy tracking the run he then slows down before sprinting again
  • Telbhoy1995
    208 posts Sunday League Hero
    I use really only from a split second very rarely when I’m caught by a counter and i need my player to get close to the attacker while I block passing line once my player is close I swap and manual defend