This TOTS has become the worst TOTS of all time.

DIXON THFC
2476 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 31
I have never seen greed to this level before and that's saying something after being involved with this since the very first DL content version of UT.

This year has been torrid for us in general, so TOTS actually seemed like something I could at least enjoy before this game expires, impossible though as the prices and the pack weight have truly destroyed TOTS.

Previous FIFAs loads of teams had TOTS players in them, it was the final swansong before starting all over from scratch in the next installment of the franchise. TOTS high end are basically as rare as TOTY, yet they come out when the game is in its prime!

They've completely destroyed it this year, just one last body blow from a company who seems to enjoy punishing its loyal following/consumers.

Comments

• Dinksy
    1992 posts Fans' Favourite
    its more that last year every TOTS was so cheap, rather than this year them being too expensive in my opinion.
  • mway
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    During the last weekds I´ve saved 16 packs for La Liga ( Jumbo Rare Players Pack, Mega Packs and Rare Players Pack ) Only 1 TOTS Mariano 88 Galatasaray and Fabinho 85. Not a single walkout except for Mariano. :D
  • Notformeclive
    2365 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fitting for the worst game of all time.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1285 posts Professional
    Agree with above. I’ve not even really tried and I have 11 untradeable tots including 8 90 rated or over.
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    They give out three cards a week in weekly objectives. 1 per league via sbc (rather cheaply). Rewards packs and player picks. Upgrade sbcs....idk i think its pretty good and thats rare for me to say.

Pack weight is terrible but what else is new. Atleast they have to show you

Its not like they are free cards...
    The Gaya objective: Assist using defenders from la liga and have win in rivals in 6 matches....
    I have opened about 30-40 normal and about 10 of the 81+ and haven't packed 1 TOTS player.. from PL and Bundesliga... Not 1...
    How is it good if it is rare? The prices are too high.... TOTS is where a normal / casual player has a chance to play with higher rated player without much fuss... Last year, so many players were available for 100k from good leagues... I have had pique for 80k, I believe... And now he is 5 times higher...

Not attacking you particulary.. But it is just bad from EA to have such poor pack luck... I played for only 4-5 months in fifa 18 and had packed bunch of TOTS players... This year, even after going out of the way(I don't usually do SBC), I am not able to pack 1 single tots players from any of the good league....
  • oldboiler
    2003 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bundesliga was very good, great TOTS team, good SBCs, decent objectives. Should of released Eredivisie with this one
  • nicitel32
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    This year everyone Has much more coins than last year.did the samé trading as last year and i have 18 mil profit as last year i had something about 6...
  • xCDHx
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    Some of the SBC requirements are too expensive.

The season has finished so players will drop off till Fifa 2020, but still for some TOTS SBCs you got to make multiple high rated squads.
  • Paquetesousa
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    xCDHx wrote: »
    Some of the SBC requirements are too expensive.

The season has finished so players will drop off till Fifa 2020, but still for some TOTS SBCs you got to make multiple high rated squads.

Só much that, sometimes, i wonder if EA wants to suck coins and players or just don't want people to actually complete these SBCs... 🤔🤔🤔
  • DIXON THFC
    edited May 31
    Guys I totally appreciate the free cards I'm not going to deny that and I have a good team mainly from rewards/rewards money, I just dont understand why at this stage in the game it has to remain so money driven and expensive to use the content. It should just be a free for all at this point...

Let's face it, we ALL have great teams, even the poorer teams are still great. My team at today's market is worth 5 million, not super rich and yes, mainly because of rewards.

I just dont understand why they are rarer than TOTY at times. There are so many highly rated players, this TOTS isn't as game changing as it normally is yet the prices (because of the ridiculous pack weight) are ridiculously high.

It just feels totally different this year, it really does.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2922 posts Fans' Favourite
    The objectives, although challenging, are good.
    However, by dramatically increasing the price of the guaranteed sbc and the fact there's only one for the major league makes this year feel inferior to last year.
    I agree the drop rate seems to be reduced massively compared to last year as well.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited May 31
    Anyone who doesn’t think this years TOTS is a scam is deluded. IT’S FOUR HOUR FROM JUNE. The game cycle is almost over.

Even the hardcore EA defenders like @James Libby can’t justify this
  • OZero
    5168 posts Big Money Move
    Ben Yedder 2.1m

Expected but still **** hilarious
  • SebastienEngelhart
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    Goes nicely with being the worst fifa of all time. More skill and credibility in a game of rock, paper, scissors
  • maunokoivisto
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Packweight is really low but players have lots of coins and there have been easy sbc::s, cheap special cards and good objectives.
  • DIXON THFC
    OZero wrote: »
    Ben Yedder 2.1m

Expected but still **** hilarious

That's the problem now, its expected every week but still so disappointing every time it happens.
  • DIXON THFC
    Goes nicely with being the worst fifa of all time. More skill and credibility in a game of rock, paper, scissors

:joy: :joy:
  • Snapzs
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    Packwieght and top players ya I'd agree. But the weekly challenge is really nice. Some of the sbcs also are good. Sooo... about 50/50 for me.
  • iRusty_yo
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 31
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    They give out three cards a week in weekly objectives. 1 per league via sbc (rather cheaply). Rewards packs and player picks. Upgrade sbcs....idk i think its pretty good and thats rare for me to say.

Pack weight is terrible but what else is new. Atleast they have to show you

Fist solid year when I’ve traded to my full dream team; yes pack weights are rubbish but being conservative with coins has really paid off for me.

I haven’t got full TOTY squad but I’ve managed my SBC desire to its absolute finest and have accumulated the below team:

JczKogr.jpg

I’ve got 876 coins and 150 players of Serie A/Ligue 1 players on my transfer pile and watch list. I’ve got 23 players in my entire club with near no consumbles.

I’ve been so cautious this year considering how many people got burnt last year with SBC’s.

Point being the cards I chose to complete are still in my team and I’ve been saving each card contributing to Icon since September.

Gameplay has been awful, but at least I’ve been great at panini collecting game. :neutral:

Edit: always take coins from DR, WL packs are enough
  • Markman007
    2721 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dinksy wrote: »
    its more that last year every TOTS was so cheap, rather than this year them being too expensive in my opinion.

Last year was very cheap, but TOTS cards this year are still a lot more expensive and rare than in FIFA 17, 16 etc.
  • Futfanatic
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    Got three bundesliga tots in a row in the 81+ sbc this morning, completed Ronaldinho yesterday thanks to all the high rated free fodder. Got a free 100k pack from twitch rewards. I super enjoy doing the weekly objectives.

I find myself really happy. Stay away from fifa points/packs in the store.
  • Wooly1203
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like the objectives for the free cards but I feel like the high end cards on the market are out of reach for many of the casual players. Preferred the way they did it last year tbh
  • Cheesyballs1970
    650 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its far too expensive. Last year i could get a good striker for 200-300k now under a MILLION i cant get anything decent but cant make more coins than last Fifa no less Silver and BPM trading hardly works . Yet yesterday kept meting Godlike squads with Ultra high pressing etc Quitting after this FIFA really had enough (and pack weight at an ALLTIME LOW!)
  • OZero
    5168 posts Big Money Move
    TOTS (those useful one) basically doesn’t exist in market. You could only hope to get from WL rewards.
  • El_Nino
    3157 posts National Call-Up
    I really don’t get the complaints.
    Pack weights are too poor, agreed.
    But who cares when they give TOTS after TOTS away via objectives and cheap/reasonable SBCs

Not to mention for me atleast the upgrade packs pay out, don’t about 40 81+ total now and I’ve got 6 major league TOTS players(no dross ones either from that)
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think it’s a call from fifa fans to EA about how poor this game is.
    In frustration I’m putting Sterling up on 2.500.000 million coins everyday. Even tho I bought him at 1.085.000 coins. But it’s a way to tell EA something is wrong imo.

I got a full TOTS squad and have never ever bought fifa points in my life.
  • Redzed71
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In fifa17 I packed so tots many from the league upgrade packs,that it made the game worth playing,these 81 plus league packs are pathetic .
  • Amdp9
    3117 posts National Call-Up
    Game has become SBC game more than game play! You tubers ruined it for real! They have been putting lots of money into each promo there aren’t ones but there are millions of them. It’s like EA want money, YouTubers are spending then they are writing off on taxes ! Win win for both YouTubers and EA ! In between are players like US who does want to play a better game and win the cards and coins with our skillful game play. Yet we have been picking up dirt all year. We have been scoring high in DR and WL then basically get nothing back in rewards, the amount of hours an average player put on in this game is insane! I
    I am going to be honest I did enjoy trading to extreme this year then finishing lots of SBC’s that all about it! And loved chatting here in the community and found lots of new Fifa Friends over the years. Moreover did spend about $300 on the FP beside the game(which is shame on me ) not going to repeat at all next year! I love FIFA and have been a player since 1995 and own each one of them. Lately managing to not to play anymore lately ! I made commitment to myself I shall not spend a dime on FIFA anymore!
  • spy
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Obviously I would like to have more top-end TOTS but I think it’s been pretty good so far - I’ve got 19TOTS cards and already put two into upgrade TOTS packs plus have 4 red player picks.